The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Client Crashes on the PTS

• ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could give more info about my crashes, but the crash reporter keeps crashing too lol
  • dbrand001
    dbrand001
    ✭✭✭
    I crashed 15 times in a row within an hour and gave up. It would be nice If I could actually get a chance to test the pts. Yes? Maybe?
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree...Memorial District is contact crashes. Seem random
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im crashing constantly now just logging into cyrodiil. I cant get more then 2 steps before i crash... I crashed a couple times yesterday in PvE aswell.... something is really wrong with this patch...
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • violetarc
    violetarc
    Noble district seemed better than others today, but I crash in Memorial, Arboretum, and Arena district. My group had mis-matched experiences with one person having repeated ongoing crashes (absolutely unplayable), while another one of us could play crash-free for 2 hours. Four of us crashed a lot and occasionally got caught in the crash-loop (crash, login, crash immediately, etc).

Very, very frustrating.

I've logged over 20 crash reports and almost always tell you what district I am in. So, it's not just Elven Gardens... the entirety of Imperial City is still incredibly unstable. :(
    ESO Fishing addict? Me too.
    101 Guide & Journal
    http://fishingintamriel.com
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is the Temple district for me. I have not gone into the other pvp areas as of yet
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering we can't have a large number of all 3 factions together in normal Cyrodiil without major lag how did you guys expect to add a boatload of NPC's with aoe to the mix in a confined area like IC????? <speechless>
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Vatter
    Vatter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing but crashes.
    log-in, crash
    unable to log-in - make sure you have a valid internet connection. I LMFAO on that one.
    log-in crash immediately
    log-in crash immediately
    log-in crash immediately
    log-in crash immediately

I give up. you can keep it.
  • DeathConjurer
    DeathConjurer
    ✭✭
    same problem crash crash crash and my connection is fine in case someone was wondering
  • Falhael
    Falhael
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't manage to stay in the Elven Gardens for more than two to five seconds today. As soon as I entered the client crashed. Tried to log back in about 10 times but it always crashed after a couple of seconds. After a couple of crashes I managed to get off the spawn point so that some enemy players could kill me and I could respawn and go back to my home base (one crash for each step, since I only had a couple of seconds to do something :neutral::smiley: )

Nobles Distrct and Arboretum worked fine (a couple of crashes here and there, but way better than Elven Gardens)
  • Hears_Bright_Colors
    0 crashes in first few days. 3 crashes in last 5 mins tonight. Will try again tomorrow. Arena district.
  • Fornacis
    Fornacis
    ✭✭

It seems that if I'm in my own factions sewers and no enemies players are around I am fine. If I go to the other factions seweres I have had some crashes there and it always seems it occurs when the enemy faction is near. The IC portion of it is just crash after crash. I cant pin down the cause, but it always seems to occur when enemy factions are near. Arena district I dont even dare go to because it took 6 crashes just to get my character back to home base without any encounters of other factions. I hope this will be worked out before we lose our character copies, becuase the crashing makes it difficult to try out new builds or maintain Tel Var stones to purches items.
    Thanks,
    EP
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Crash info:

The crashes seem similar to "when you spawn/transport to the reapers march wayshrine & if you start moving around before everything loads you fall through the world & things get reloaded. The difference being that if you don't start moving around before everything is fully loaded you may still crash, however if you do start moving before everything is loaded it's almost guaranteed. Once the crashes start happening, (when first entering a district) they don't stop until you've login & re-crashed about 4-5 times before things actually work on maybe your 5-6 try logging into game.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's crash - While sneaking through sewers right after helping 2 people kill the first mobs I had run into from leaving ad home base (skeevers) I even looted them and started walking towards the tunnel farther down the section.. Then crashed.

But, I did play for about 2 hours in IC, 3 hours total on the PTS
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Tiruviel
    Tiruviel
    Win 7 Pro

1st crash: upon entering IC from the EP side

2nd crash: when another player entered the IC and ran past me (I was still standing in the very first room you get into upon entering)
  • Roghlinn
    Roghlinn
    Soul Shriven
    In the Arena -
    I was Fight DC for about 15 min then i crashed, log back in then i walk 10 feet in game then i crash, I keep crashing after I relog, I am using a Mac.
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've been getting reports that the Elven Garden's may be a bit nastier than other districts. If you do have a crash and post here, please note which district or sewers you were in pretty please!

I can confirm this within the scope of my travels. I had most game crashes in the Elven Gardens, from insta-crashed after logging in to crashes while fighting mobs and players alike. My character's location was completely random in that district, from being on ground level to standing on a ruin/balcony to being thrown around my ability effects.

Second on my crash list is the Arboretum.

...und Gallileo dreht sich doch!
  • Greyheaded
    Greyheaded
    ✭✭
    I have problems to even log on pts. As soon as i hit "play" button i get client crash msg. Any idea what should I do?
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant play the districts too.. instacrash
    yesterday i tried the sewers:
    rly bad FPS + camera switching between 1st/3rd view in the tunnels. no crashes.
  • Tiruviel
    Tiruviel
    Gorshtak wrote: »
    I have problems to even log on pts. As soon as i hit "play" button i get client crash msg. Any idea what should I do?

Have you tried starting the game using the client instead of the laauncher?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    The build should have been stable for playtesting before it was put on the test server and should have never been pushed to the PTS in it's current state. We are not your first only line of QA. Get your budget inline and hire/fire/rehire whoever you need to because this is not what a PTS is for.
    @Lionxoft , fixed it for you. :|

Current status: Haven't left the temple district. Yesterday it was crashing so hard, the ESO crash reporter was locking up...

Gave up, once again, and went back to live for a few.

Will try another area tonight.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    Was crashing during character creation while changing races/hairstyles/eyebrows. Deleted all addon files and folders from the pts folder. Got through character creation just fine, so it seemed that did the trick, but then I crashed immediately upon entering world. Hope this all gets cleared up soon. Thanks.
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I crash constantly in the ABOVE GROUND Imperial city.

I'm having frequent crashes below ground (every couple of hours) but I literally crash 4 - 10 times per hour topside.

They also seem to come in groups.

I'll crash, relog, crash, relog, crash about 4 times in a row. Then it will be fine for 30 minutes and then repeat the process.
  • skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do we have an update on this ? Did they released a fix or are they working on it ?

Because I mostly gave up on pts until they fix the crash, tbh.
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!
  • Greyheaded
    Greyheaded
    ✭✭
    Tiruviel wrote: »
    Have you tried starting the game using the client instead of the laauncher?

Yes I did, got same problem again.
    Always geting same msg:
    Crash Report Details:
    eso encountered a fatal error. (Error 11)
    Description: Client Fatal Error.

• ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Update! We have a fix in the cauldron of code, however until that's up, give this a whirl:

Edit your UserSettings.txt file and change the PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 setting to 0.

Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ is it working, guys??
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant test right now, :/
  • Greyheaded
    Greyheaded
    ✭✭
    Update! We have a fix in the cauldron of code, however until that's up, give this a whirl:

Edit your UserSettings.txt file and change the PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 setting to 0.

guess its not fix for my problem :(
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭

Wish I could test right now :\ spread the word to everyone I know though, will share feedback
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2