The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DPS 50% less on PTS than on Live Server

Soleya
Soleya
✭✭✭✭✭
I was doing some comparisons on the PTS vs Live server. Here's what I found so far.

Using my DW Nightblade, I'm finding my DPS is about half on the PTS as what it is on the Live server.

Testing on mammoths using same abilities and equipment on both servers. I do
Stealth + ambush
Power extraction
then rapid strikes then light attack, repeat till 20% health
Killers blade

On the PTS, I have to repeat 7-8 times vs 3 times on the live server.

Total DPS averages 12,000 on Live vs 6,000 on PTS.

Also using twice as much stamina and not regenerating anywhere near the same. On live after killing a mammoth I'm at 90% stamina, on the PTS I'm at 50% after killing a mammoth.

Stat differences I noticed

PTS LIVE
Stamina 21811 19500
Stam Regen 842 1101
Weapon Dmg 2365 2684
Weapon Crit is same on both

One thing I notice is rapid strikes says 1087 dmg in tool tip, but in real life it's doing about 700 each hit
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these Mammoths in Cyrodiil or Mammoths in the Rift?

Because the damage reduction in PvP applies to monsters/npcs as well.

That's why IC mobs are so tough.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rift Mammoths.

I didn't want any Cyrodiil bonuses/differences to mess with tests. I don't have any buffs currently on my Live player since our alliance owns nothing in Cyrodiil.
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even realize they did anything that could possibly affect PvE, except some minor ability changes.

Why are you getting less stamina regeneration in PvE? I thought the only stam nerf was to blocking.

I'm perplexed. I guess I have to go test out how badly I'm going to get screwed now. Hope this is a bug.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, maybe they screwed up everything along with the changes.
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even realize they did anything that could possibly affect PvE, except some minor ability changes.

Why are you getting less stamina regeneration in PvE? I thought the only stam nerf was to blocking.

I'm perplexed. I guess I have to go test out how badly I'm going to get screwed now. Hope this is a bug.

werewolf only gives stamina regen if you have the ultimate on bar and nb stamina passive went from +30% regen to 15% regen .
    as patch notes:
    Refreshing Shadows (passive): Adjusted this ability from 15/30% Stamina recovery to 7/15% Stamina, Health and Magicka recovery.

btw think about suprise attack it is more dps and cheap now. Are you using one sharpened mace in your dual wield setup? they gave too much armor penetration and were bugged perhaps they fixed it. furthermore camuflage hunter was bugged and is now hopefully fixed too
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    btw think about suprise attack it is more dps and cheap now.

what does this mean?

• Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some hidden changes on the PTS. The damage nerf in PVP doesn't apply to all skills, some people are finding they're still able to permablock, it's kind of a mess right now. I know for a fact that max spell damage traits on armour don't exceed 121 on the PTS. I think they moved maximum values to vr16, so you will most likely get closer to your live numbers when you get the gear at vr16.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Igawotch
    Igawotch
    ✭✭
    My magic nightblade seem's normal damage wise, i'll do some more testing.
    Edited by Igawotch on July 31, 2015 6:47AM
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is Surprise Attack more dps now?
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the rift mammoth test. I will do the same thing tomorrow. My NB is a magic used to be a sap tank. So many changes at once its mind boggling. trying to juggle them between all the classes.At least for me anyway.And my cat.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS is laggy as ***, your gear sets are not optimized, you have less CP and Mobs have way more armor on PTS than they have on live and armor penetration might be fixed.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • Aldruin
    Aldruin
    ✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Why is Surprise Attack more dps now?

Surprise attack with LA cancel has been tested by many people and all of us got better results than with rapid strikes. It just makes sense to use this ability, since it debuffs your enemy, activates shadow barrier passive giving you major ward and major resolve and deals higher damage than rapid strikes for 20% less cost than on live server.
    PS.: It has been better DPS since 1.6
    Edited by Aldruin on July 31, 2015 11:48AM
  • asteldian
    asteldian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Surprise Attack has been superior for a long time, just on live its cost was prohibitive.
    Regarding set gear and damage boosts, I think that nerf is because it was totally out of whack with everything else - max resource or 4% crit were not even in the same league as the damage boost. The nerf still leaves them behind but at least it is closer.

A lot of people have seen massive damage reductions and I am not sure a bit of extra resistance on mobs and a 250 damage reduction accounts for it.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They blanket nerfed all the gears SD/WD bonuses and made v16 gear basically what we have now. It's ZOS's way of giving us the illusion of progression when the reality is they just keep pushing us back so we have to grind what is essentially a new armor/weapon skin with no actual progression. Getting a little sick of it personally but it is what it is, their way of doing this, and won't be changing anytime SOON(tm).

Edited by Cuyler on July 31, 2015 1:25PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What armor sets too? Some were nerfed, and they didn't mention the set changes in the patch notes really.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    They blanket nerfed all the gears SD/WD bonuses and made v16 gear basically what we have now. It's ZOS's way of giving us the illusion of progression when the reality is they just keep pushing us back so we have to grind what is essentially a new armor/weapon skin with no actual progression. Getting a little sick of it personally but it is what it is, their way of doing this, and won't be changing anytime SOON(tm).

It's better than stat inflation.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know in the patch notes they said they nerfed weapon and spell damage on set armor. I'm seeing that, and it's about 300 point difference.

I know my stamina regen is down due to werewolf nerf. but it feels like more than a 25% drop since I'm running out completely.

Also I'm using dual daggers. Forgot to mention that.

My entire set is
    3pc Deugh King Slayer -> Chest/Legs/Necklass
    4pc Hawks Eye -> 2 Rings, Gloves, Feet
    3pc Ashen Grip -> Helm, Belt, Shoulders
    2pc Nights Silence -> 2 daggers.

Most of those are weapon damage sets which were nerfed. So all weapon damage per set went from 177 to 121 (give or take, don't have the numbers available now)

Champion Points, Skills, Skill Bars, and everything else are set the same on both servers.

Something else I noticed. The tooltip on rapid strikes (DW skill) says, each consecutive hit does 2% more damage. If I understand that then instead of the hits doing say 1000,1000,1000,1000,1000,3000, they should be 1000, 1020, 1040, 1061, 1082, etc. But they all hit for the same.

Summary is, I'm seeing a 12% drop in weapon damage and an increase in stamina but a 50% drop in DPS. Almost feels like the Cyrodiil debuf is going on everywhere.
    Edited by Soleya on July 31, 2015 2:12PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess it's because Monsters have more resistances now. But I doubt, this is enough to reduce damage by 50%

@olemanwinter Cyrodiil Monsters aren't affected by the damage reduction. Only players.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did some tests with my Nightblade on PTS and found that my damage was nerfed a little, but since bow was buffed and a lot of my damage was dependent on the 5 piece Morag Tong bonus, the masters bow bonus, and the 5 piece Hawk's eye bonus I didn't see a huge DPS drop. In fact I think my sustained dps on bow will be higher. Need to run some dungeons to test...

What people will find is that if they stack a lot of weapon damage or spell damage bonuses they will be nerfed a lot, but if they use and synergize with a set bonus that is a straight % increase (e.g. the Morag Tong 15% increase to poison damage for 5 seconds) then the dps will be much less affected.

In other words I think the 5 piece bonus for Dreugh King Slayer, Hawks Eye, Morag Tong, etc will be worth a lot more since they were not decreased in the patch.

The stamina regen nerf on Nightblade werewolfs is real though. I now have to slot the werewolf ultimate, or become a vampire and slot a vampire skill to get the monster regen bonus. I will probably run drinks exclusively now and drop werewolf altogether. I am undecided on Vampire...
    Playing since beta...
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@olemanwinter Plus the mobs have their Armor and Spell Resistances doubled from live.

Enchants/sets have had spell damage/weapon damage modifiers lowered as well. I suspect if OP looks at his raw WD/SD on the character sheet, it''s considerably lower than on live.

I have a feeling this is further aggravated by the 50% less damage received in PvP (intended for players, but likely carrying over to the NPC's with now doubled resistances...)

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on July 31, 2015 3:29PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@olemanwinter Plus the mobs have their Armor and Spell Resistances doubled from live.

Enchants/sets have had spell damage/weapon damage modifiers lowered as well. I suspect if OP looks at his raw WD/SD on the character sheet, it''s considerably lower than on live.

I have a feeling this is further aggravated by the 50% less damage received in PvP (intended for players, but likely carrying over to the NPC's with now doubled resistances...)

In my original post

Weapon Dmg 2365 2684

Weapon Damage on PTS is 2364 and on Live it is 2684. That's a 12% decrease, yet I'm seeing a 50% decrease in DPS overall.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I missed that part, OP.

It's possible there are timing/processing issues with the PTS right now too, which could explain some of your DPS loss (coupled with the increased resist)

I know little things (such as lockpicking) is incredible clunky and stuttering, so I suspect that carries over to everything else, as well.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My NB has not seen this kind of decrease outside of cyrodiil. In cyrodiil, sure, the extra nerf from battle spirit, the weapon damage reduction and fix to the bug with sharpened and maces is pretty big. But my standard test mobs in PvE land have the expected damage. I still get 10-11k crit rushes from max range on mage mobs. Lower than before, but not that much.

Did you apply skill points to weapon and armor passives? That would explain a lot, especially the cost increase
    Edited by cschwingeb14_ESO on July 31, 2015 4:21PM
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My NB has not seen this kind of decrease outside of cyrodiil. In cyrodiil, sure, the extra nerf from battle spirit, the weapon damage reduction and fix to the bug with sharpened and maces is pretty big. But my standard test mobs in PvE land have the expected damage. I still get 10-11k crit rushes from max range on mage mobs. Lower than before, but not that much.

Did you apply skill points to weapon and armor passives? That would explain a lot, especially the cost increase

Yes, I matched all the skills and passives. Weapon, Armor, Racial and Class.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's also the fact a lot of armor took some big nerfs -- Morag Tong, Shadow Walker, Martial Knowledge all took big hits and really reduced their worth. But that also reduced a player's ability to do damage. As I posted in another thread, my DPS took an 11% drop on one character. Not even factoring Cyrodiil's 50%, this was a big hit to my Templar.
  • Rescorla_ESO
    Rescorla_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

In my original post

Weapon Dmg 2365 2684

Weapon Damage on PTS is 2364 and on Live it is 2684. That's a 12% decrease, yet I'm seeing a 50% decrease in DPS overall.

Are you using sharpened maces? I know some people are doing testing to see if th sharpened maces bug was fixed on PTS. Perhaps it has been and armor penetration is working correctly now resulting in a DPS decrease?
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In my original post

Weapon Dmg 2365 2684

Are you using sharpened maces? I know some people are doing testing to see if th sharpened maces bug was fixed on PTS. Perhaps it has been and armor penetration is working correctly now resulting in a DPS decrease?

2 Daggers of Nights SIlence with Precision Trait (Weapon Crit)
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    /lurk
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only did they mess with the DPS but also I could swear they changed the "IN COMBAT REGEN".
    Edited by kaithuzar on July 31, 2015 5:42PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There's a large patch notes section talking about mobs, game-wide, being changed in their abilities, resistances, armor, and behavior. Trial monsters, world monsters, and Cyrodiil monsters alike have undergone the same changes game-wide. Mammoths logically would have high physical resistance, so when these changes were made, I'd imagine the idea was to make them match that :).
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 31, 2015 5:41PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.