The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Nasty Little Surprise On the PTS

Personofsecrets
Personofsecrets
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno

I'd like to draw your attention to the nasty little surprise that is the appearance of the Hollow Moon Garb Costume on the PTS.

eeZFq53.jpg

Look at how sad this made Lord Thornos.

See how proud he is on the left; he is great, majestic, beautiful. That is the Hollow Moon Garbs charm on live.

See how sad he is on the right; he is lonely, isolated, grotesque. That is the Hollow Moon Garbs ugliness on the PTS.

Please, from the bottom of my and Lord Thornos' hearts, make sure that the Hollow Moon Garb is left just the way it is once the new update is live.
Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    How did this happen?
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zlater wrote: »
    How did this happen?

No doubt this is a plot by either Molag Bal or Eric Wrobel. Both of them have been after myself and Lord Thornos and we will not stand for any more of their tricks.

And I'm being totally serious when I say that this change to the Hollow Moon Garb is the second worst one on the PTS. It only pales in comparison to the evil that is the stamina regeneration nerf.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 29, 2015 7:14AM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear gods, what happened!?
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    Dear gods, what happened!?

A degenerate, vulgar, and defiling change.

Lord Thornos feels so violated that I had to stop playing PTS.

The changing of our beloved costumes is unacceptable.
    Don't tank

• kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hollow moon garb; coming soon to crown store.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kimboh wrote: »
    Hollow moon garb; coming soon to crown store.

Don't even give them any more ideas!
    Don't tank

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I much prefer the 'before' look.

The 'after' looks as though you have made your own friday night disco-wear from an old pair of jacquard curtains.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I much prefer the 'before' look.

The 'after' looks as though you have made your own friday night disco-wear from an old pair of jacquard curtains.

That is Lord Thornos' thoughts exactly. Thank you for the support.
    Don't tank

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Lord Thornos really wants an update about if his favorite costume is really planned for a change into that dirty pile of laundry that is on the PTS.
    Don't tank

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Lord Thornos and I anxiously await news about the Hollow Moon Garb
    Don't tank

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to your resolution in the "after" pic?
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno As the Fashionista in Residence of my Social Guild, I wholeheartedly concur with Lord Thornos's review of this new look.

Or perhaps a visual from Tim Gunn would help drive the point home:

tumblr_mlo4oxPekd1s5lf2ro1_400.gif
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    What happened to your resolution in the "after" pic?

The new Hollow Moon Garb is that bad :)
    Don't tank

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno As the Fashionista in Residence of my Social Guild, I wholeheartedly concur with Lord Thornos's review of this new look.

Or perhaps a visual from Tim Gunn would help drive the point home:

^^^

That is me still without any update as to why the Hollow Moon Garb looks terrible on the PTS.
    Don't tank

• dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'd like to draw your attention to the nasty little surprise that is the appearance of the Hollow Moon Garb Costume on the PTS.

eeZFq53.jpg

See how proud he is on the left; he is great, majestic, beautiful. That is the Hollow Moon Garbs charm on live.

See how sad he is on the right; he is lonely, isolated, grotesque. That is the Hollow Moon Garbs ugliness on the PTS.

Please, from the bottom of my and Lord Thornos' hearts, make sure that the Hollow Moon Garb is left just the way it is once the new update is live.

as trivial as some of us may find it, OP has a point, thing breaks lore since that garb change isn't following the dress code of the actual moonies
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's likely intentional, since it is no longer possible to get the Hollow Moon Garb, they have probably removed its assets so nobody has something that is no longer obtainable by others.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    It's likely intentional, since it is no longer possible to get the Hollow Moon Garb, they have probably removed its assets so nobody has something that is no longer obtainable by others.

no longer obtainable?
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

no longer obtainable?

Indeed. The part of the quest where you used it (to steal/deliver items around the town) was removed, and you now pretty much go straight into the tomb, so there is no longer any way to get it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

no longer obtainable?

Indeed. The part of the quest where you used it (to steal/deliver items around the town) was removed, and you now pretty much go straight into the tomb, so there is no longer any way to get it.

guess i have a collectable then :D thanks for that little bit of info, tho now i feel bad it may be an intentional change :(

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! This was an unintentional change, and will be reverted back before this update gets published so you'll have your old costume again.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! This was an unintentional change, and will be reverted back before this update gets published so you'll have your old costume again.

Lord Thornos will be pleased i'm sure. deserves a snobby orc NPC named after him wearing the same thing

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the garb give your Orc a set of flowing locks? Or does the new garb give you a crew cut?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess a few of the costumes/disguises changed on PTS. I was only aware of the dishdasha ones from Alik'r
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

WOOHOO! THANK YOU!
    Don't tank

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does the garb give your Orc a set of flowing locks? Or does the new garb give you a crew cut?

the current hollow moon garb gives flowing locks. That is one of the reasons it is so nice. sometimes you just want flowing locks ya know.
    Don't tank

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is my last update on the costumes, b
    I guess a few of the costumes/disguises changed on PTS. I was only aware of the dishdasha ones from Alik'r

Hey, thank you for bringing up the idea that other costumes could be different. I went ahead and did some testing on this by comparing the costumes I have to those on live and their appearance the eso uespwiki/eso fashion sites.

Have and tested

Phaer Mercenary - same
    Quendeluun Veiled Heritance - same
    Bloodthron - same
    Forebear Dishdasha - Blue on PTS rather than Red
    Imperial - same
    Red Rook - same
    seadrake - same
    servants robes - same
    Northwind - same
    Shadowsilk Gem - same
    Stormfist - same
    Vanguard Uniform - Silver on PTS rather than Brown with Green Highlights
    Pirate Disguise - same
    Gold Seducer - same
    Gold Saint - same
    Mannimarco - same
    Mask of Cheerful Slaughter - same
    Skeleton Polymorph - same

Do not have

Colovian Uniform
    Courier Uniform
    Kollopi Essence
    Steel Shrike
    Crown Dishdasha
    Hallin's Stand Seventh Legion
    Midnight Union
    Fort Amol
    Frostedge Bandit
    Keepers Garb

Interesting thing

I'm pretty sure that the vanguard uniform must have changed before. I happened to be going through old screen shots and found the following one.

EIswqQP.jpg

The new version of the Vanguard Uniform, on the PTS, looks like it does in the image. Why that makes sense to me is because at one point that costume was one that I enjoyed using often. After questing I eventually switched to a new one, but I never was able to find my Vanguard Uniform after that. I thought I had deleted it, but I think it was changed from the silver version to the brown version and now, with the PTS, back to the silver version.

Anyhow, thanks again for mentioning about the other costumes in the game. If anyone wants to help out and check the costumes that I don't have, then that would be real swell.

EDIT:

A couple of people told me that there are changes to costumes that I didn't believe there were changes to, such as the pirate costume.

I play on all low graphical setting and it is possible that I wasn't able to discern some of the changes that could have occurred to the costumes that I reviewed.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on July 31, 2015 8:18PM
    Don't tank

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have checked some costumes on Live ("before" or left) and PTS ("after" or right). The compilation of changes is in the attachment. Some of the changes just correct the appearance of helmets and such with the costume disguise while others are rather significant.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    I have checked some costumes on Live ("before" or left) and PTS ("after" or right). The compilation of changes is in the attachment. Some of the changes just correct the appearance of helmets and such with the costume disguise while others are rather significant.

Thanks alot for that.

I can imagine that many people will not be pleased with the dishdasha costume changes. that red one is rather popular.
    Don't tank

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

eeZFq53.jpg

Minsc.jpg

The tale of your proud garb's desecration breaks Boo's MIGHTY HEART, but you must look hard to see his TEARS OF RIGHTEOUS FURY.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • MalaVrazica
    MalaVrazica
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Hollow Moon Garb Costume, please ZOS give us a way to get it again since you removed it from game. Please. Pretty please :)@ZOS_GinaBruno

I hate the new changes on Crown Dishdasha, looks really really ugly, same goes for Servant Robes. On the other hand I really liked the changes on the Forebear Dishdasha (looks like a pretty dress now on my female toon at least, sorry I don't have screenshots atm)