The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Client Crashes on the PTS

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

We are aware of the client crashes some of you have been experiencing while playing the Imperial City patch on the PTS. We’ve already been able to track down the cause of some of them thanks to your crash logs and Twitch livestreams. We understand crashes are frustrating, but you are helping us create a more stable build—so thank you. We’ll keep you updated on where we’re at with fixes for the crash-causing issues we’ve identified.

Thank you!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did vet White-Gold tower yesterday, and 2 of my group members had an issue during the final boss Molag Kena.

When the lightning line would spawn, those players would crash. The one which rotates around the arena in a circle.

I then regrouped and pulled in 2 new dps. One of them had the same issue, crashing once the lightning line is placed down.

For extra info, I know 2 of those 3 people were using a Mac
    Edited by Fat_Cat45 on July 29, 2015 6:03PM
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also using a Mac. I'm crashing so often I don't get a chance to really test the Imperial City content (I haven't had this problem while playing the regular game). Hope it's fixed soon!
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • SuperSayinJesus
    Your Imperial Districts are completly ***! can go anywhere in the PTS and play fine, even the new white gold tower or imperial sewers are fine. BUT the second i enter a Imperial district i crash within 5-10 seconds of being there!! EXTREAMLY frustrating!!
    Supersayinjesus - v14 AD sorc
    Leggomyeggos - v14 AD dragonknight

RÀGE- Officer /Group leader
  • Falhael
    Falhael
    ✭✭✭
    Fat_Cat45 wrote: »
    I did vet White-Gold tower yesterday, and 2 of my group members had an issue during the final boss Molag Kena.

When the lightning line would spawn, those players would crash. The one which rotates around the arena in a circle.

I then regrouped and pulled in 2 new dps. One of them had the same issue, crashing once the lightning line is placed down.

For extra info, I know 2 of those 3 people were using a Mac

I had the same problem today. Whenever the line started spawning, the client crashed- I'm also playing on a Mac. There are a few other crashes here and there but nothing compared to that fight.
    None of my friends playing on Windows had any real crashing issues so far.
  • AzureButterfly
    AzureButterfly
    ✭✭✭
    I'm playing on Windows 7, and I can't play in the IC districts because of crashes. There's two ways it usually goes:

1) I enter a District and the other player models haven't loaded yet - they're using the 'shadow' placeholders. As soon as the shadows are replaced with the proper character models, the game crashes.

2) I enter a District and there's a bit of lag but I can still play momentarily. As soon as I get close to an enemy player, the game crashes. I don't have to be actively fighting them either, they can be fighting one of my allies.

I can play through the sewers all right, I've only crashed there once or twice. I ran with a group of about ten people and we ran into an EP group of about eight people, and although it lagged a little, it didn't crash.

I was actually able to play in the Noble's District for about an hour, so that was nice. The other Districts just weren't playable though.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just in the temple district, fairly certain was near the EP spawn point and crashed unrecoverably.

Relogging locks up the client or goes to infinite loading screen.

For what it's worth, so far seems pretty cool. Looking forward to when I can get back in.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    can go anywhere in the PTS and play fine, even the new white gold tower or imperial sewers are fine. BUT the second i enter a Imperial district i crash within 5-10 seconds of being there!! EXTREAMLY frustrating!!

Same as above.
    Edited by VirtualElizabeth on July 30, 2015 12:01AM
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Hootnannius
    Hootnannius
    ✭✭
    I have a Mac and also can't enter IC without frequent crashes.
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I experienced a few of these crashes, especially after entering IC and sometimes out of PvP after a loading screen so I submitted an error log and sent it after the second time it happend.
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just in the temple district, fairly certain was near the EP spawn point and crashed unrecoverably.

Relogging locks up the client or goes to infinite loading screen.

For what it's worth, so far seems pretty cool. Looking forward to when I can get back in.

Well are you able to get to character select and just make a new template for now?
  • Emeraude
    Emeraude
    I can go anywhere whithout crashing , except Imperial City , i crashing constantly
    Emeraude - Templar (DC)
    Lapis-Lazulie - Sorcerer(DC)
    Precious-And-Shiny - Dragonknight(DC)
    Diamant Noir - Nightblade magika(DC)
    Émeraude - Nightblade stam(DC)

Playing since pre-launch 04/30/2014
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    same has above except that i had some crashs in wayrest too.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Using the ladders in the vault tends to lead to a crash almost 100% of the time on the platform. I was generally able to play through the the sewers just fine and to reach the IC districts from those points in the sewer. I still saw an occasional crash while progressing through the districts.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The build should have been stable for playtesting before it was put on the test server and should have never been pushed to the PTS in it's current state. We are not your first line of QA. Get your budget inline and hire/fire/rehire whoever you need to because this is not what a PTS is for.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to drop in with my crash experiences:
    • A couple of crashes on first log-in with a template character, likely due to Wayrest being the DC template spawn point and being over-crowded.
    • Numerous crashes in the DC base in the Imperial Sewers, again probably due to being over-crowded.
    • No other crashes in the Sewers, haven't been in the central sewer hub or the City Districts yet.
    Edited by Enodoc on July 30, 2015 9:16AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the memorial district and managed to get into a position where I crash instantly on login. Tried it four times. I'm done. I can't do anything with that character on the server until the campaign fills up and kicks me back out.
  • violetarc
    violetarc
    I was in the memorial district and managed to get into a position where I crash instantly on login. Tried it four times. I'm done. I can't do anything with that character on the server until the campaign fills up and kicks me back out.

^^ This. I've had four different crash-loop experiences, all in different districts in IC.

ESO Fishing addict? Me too.
    101 Guide & Journal
    http://fishingintamriel.com
  • cf398ub17_ESO
    cf398ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i kept crashing about every 10 min
  • Garian
    Garian
    ✭✭
    Same here, in the districts the game keeps crashing after 10-60 seconds. In the Sewers and Craglorn its ok.
    Garian Metatron
    Gildenleiter von Metatrons Nexus der Kraft
    Bewerbungen gerne unter www.mndk.de - Seit 2002 aktiv in MMORPG's
    TESO&More: http://www.youtube.com/user/Garian06
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok the miniute i go into the temple area i crash. I have them all turned off and even tried to just remove the entire add on file (even though I already had them all turned off)
    It is worse then yesterday. yesterday I could stay in game for about 5 minutes in between crashes. Today i crashed when i entered and have tried 3 more times soon as i log in and take 1 step i crash I should add i am usign a template character since the EU characters are not on pts as of yet.
    Edited by snowmanflvb14_ESO on July 30, 2015 8:07PM
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    incase it helps attached is my dxdiag
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been able to play a bit of the imperial city pvp today. Still it always ends in a crash. I've turned my setting down to minimal in case that would help. I don't believe it did though.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a couple of crashes last night after I was in IC. It took several logons to get back in as it would crash immediately once I was back in. After about 10 minutes I was able to log back in. I have no addons in my PTS installation so it wasn't anything that way. I was fighting in the Temple District I believe with a group of guildies when it went. Just a random crash to a bug report. I didn't fill any out, just tried to relog back on before someone stole my Sweet Tel Var stones....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We've been getting reports that the Elven Garden's may be a bit nastier than other districts. If you do have a crash and post here, please note which district or sewers you were in pretty please!
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still continue to crash as soon as my character logs in. Now, the game wont even give me a bug report to fill out anymore. Its just auto crashes. WTF is going on and when is the fix comming? If i cant play on PTS i damn sure wont spend money to try it out live.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crashed in the middle of a fight in the Arena district yesterday, lost all my stones, not cool.

It also happened just after zoning in to the Arboretum as well.
  • Markaeus
    Markaeus
    ✭✭
    i crashed as soon as I left the AD 'safe zone' to the districts. Now when I log back in I crash immediately and cant get back into the sewers at all.. basically stuck in a loop of logging in, crashing, logging in, crashing over and over again I hope that the PTS gets a patch soon to fix this
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's crashes:
    • None in the Sewers. That's all DC sections, the central hub, and the EP sections.
    • Repeated crashes, every 10-40 seconds, in both the Arena District and Memorial District (didn't go to other Districts), between 10:00pm and 11:20pm BST (UTC+1).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memorial District - constant crashing. I even crashed after relogging and finding myself dead. I crashed again before I could hit one of the rez buttons. Maybe you guys need another year for this.......

Addendum:

Players are leaving the area and going back to the sewers. It's totally futile.
    Edited by Weberda on July 30, 2015 10:42PM
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can only agree with the others like I have stated in other threads: My client has absolutely NO issues whatsoever until I go up to the Imperial City - no matter which district. So I pretty much have to spend my time in the Sewers if I hop onto the PTS which is kinda boring imo since I wanna test what's going on up there as well. :P
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «