The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GAME TIME CARD ESO

radicalb21
radicalb21
✭✭✭
Just bought a game time card for ESO and tried inputing the code from the back of the card and its says it is invalid number. Need help. Trying to call there phone number terminal hold.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Where are you trying to enter the code? And what platform do you play on?
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on June 30, 2015 10:23PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/crown-store-and-eso-plus

a more suitable part of the forum perhaps? :s the mods are most likely to help you there oh wait that was quick
    Edited by Valn on June 30, 2015 10:26PM
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    For MAC.
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    When on the the account page and then clicking the redeem code and trying to type the code in.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hmm, you're in the right place then. If you're getting an "invalid code" error when you attempt to enter a PC/Mac game time card for ESOTU into that "Redeem Code" field, we recommend you first try and contact the retailer for a replacement code.

If you continue to experience trouble and are unable to resolve the issue, you may contact our Customer Support team here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/ask.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • parpin
    parpin
    ✭✭✭
    where did you buy eso time card for pc/mac??
    as far as i know ..it is not available on amazone or gamestop anymore..also removed from steam.
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    I bought it from Gamestop. I went back to the store to exchange the card and tried five different cards all came up with invalid code. I'm out of options and ideas. Any and all help would be appreciated.
  • parpin
    parpin
    ✭✭✭
    well on gamestop official website..no eso game card is available..whether it is digital download or pick up at store..none..check the website yourself..and how come your local gamestop is selling eso game card..while official website removed the eso game card ??
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    No idea on that one.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GameStop told me they weren't going to carry them, am in Michigan!
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Target still has a stack of about 20 ESO game cards for sale. If they're still there by 2018 I'll probably mention something to a manager.
    signing off
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I thought they pulled all those cards. If they don't say ESOTU then they are old cards and may not ever work.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Game Time Cards should work just fine. I used one after the release of TU and I have one more I have yet to use. It better work.

Just make sure when you put it in. It is all capitol letters, no spaces or dashes or anything like that.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    I tried it as all caps with and without spaces as well as lowercase and kept getting invalid code. Nothing worked. It could be something with one of three things :

1. Fast Pay
    2. Zenimax
    3. Bethesda

I tried it with original card that I started this post about. When I returned to Gamestop I tried five more codes all showed as invalid. I remember the post where the game time cards would be honored as ESO PLUS. Apparently something has changed. So I finally got my money back from Gamestop. But now I have another problem now I'm unable to setup recurring subscription. I'm also unable to add a credit card to the account. Any and all help would be appreciated. Current subscription ends in 5 days. I don't want my sub to lapse.
    Edited by radicalb21 on July 1, 2015 6:13AM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They better continue honoring them, otherwise I am going to be very very angry. I don't like wasting my money. My current card ends in 13 days and I don't plan on using my last card until the new DLC drops.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it is the Steam issue. I have two accounts in the household, one is through Steam and the other is straight from ZOS. I have tried to use a time card on the Steam account and it refused to work but worked perfectly fine for the one bought directly from ZOS. In fact it gave me that 'invalid code' when I tried it on the Steam account.
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't a steam issue
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @radicalb21 - Where abouts are you?

I've always used Paysafe - simply because I refuse to give my credit card/bank info to any games company.

US: https://www.paysafecard.com/en-us/buy/retailers/ (Various REtailers)
    EU: https://www.paysafecard.com/en-gb/buy/retailers/ (Any place with a PayPoint sign)

Edited by P3ZZL3 on July 1, 2015 7:27AM
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    Can we please get another response from an admin or mod about the card issues.
    Edited by radicalb21 on July 1, 2015 8:13PM
  • Yia
    Yia
    ✭✭
    Just bought a 60 day PC/MAC time card from my Game Stop.

Invalid Code
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the weird suspicion that Gamestop pulled the cards from their system, so they can't be authenticated now. Not sure if that's a reasonable guess, or if the cards actually have to be activated at the register.
  • Yia
    Yia
    ✭✭
    I have the weird suspicion that Gamestop pulled the cards from their system, so they can't be authenticated now. Not sure if that's a reasonable guess, or if the cards actually have to be activated at the register.

The cards do indeed have to be activated at the register. also Gamestop is still selling the card electronically and physically in the store.

And Gamestop CS says "Need to take it up with Zenimax and Bethesda" unqoute.

• Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting.. I used a Card the other day with out any issues on my account.

Just make sure you use all capitol letters when you put it in and there are no dashes or spaces.

After that, if it still doesn't work, take a scanner copy of your receipt and of the game time code and contact customer service billing for assistance. Let them know Gamestop refused to replace the card and told you to contact them.

After they see proof that you did indeed purchase the card they should be able to check as to why it's not going through and be able to do so.
  • Yia
    Yia
    ✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »

Just make sure you use all capitol letters when you put it in and there are no dashes or spaces.

After that, if it still doesn't work, take a scanner copy of your receipt and of the game time code and contact customer service billing for assistance. Let them know Gamestop refused to replace the card and told you to contact them.

After they see proof that you did indeed purchase the card they should be able to check as to why it's not going through and be able to do so.

Actually that's what I did, except I took photos with my cell camera.
    they just resolved the issue about 90 minutes ago.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe the store you bought the card from was Gamerstop, not Gamestop
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yia wrote: »

Yia wrote: »

How many days did it take them to do that after you sent the cell pics?
  • Atlaz
    Atlaz
    ✭✭
    Codes do not work period. In the end I was required to take a snap shot of the code and recete and forward them to ESO support.
    "Bretons are renowned and talented craftsmen, shrewd merchants, gallant cavaliers, and inventive wizards. They can also be proud and quarrelsome."
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    radicalb21 wrote: »
    But now I have another problem now I'm unable to setup recurring subscription. I'm also unable to add a credit card to the account. Any and all help would be appreciated. Current subscription ends in 5 days. I don't want my sub to lapse.

We have the problem with setup a recurring subscription on my GF account so we basically use paypal for her and work really good on recurring subscription and best part is when you with paypal you get email send to you and it tell who and what you pay for + on bank you get info who took your Money so if not dont work with with ctedit card i would suggest try with paypal for it work and it is safe :)
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Yia
    Yia
    ✭✭

[/quote]

they just resolved the issue about 90 minutes ago.[/quote]

How many days did it take them to do that after you sent the cell pics?
    [/quote]

It took them Two days.

Today (9/26) I went to Game Stop to get another card, the manager told me they were ordered to trash them by corporate. I don't know the truth of that statement, but Walmart didn't have any either. Guess I'm not a member anymore.
  • Arezap
    Arezap
    The issue is not really resolved. Game time cards form some vendors are not working and have not been since I tried in February this year. The issue is not isolated to certain customers but some retail vendors of these cards don't have issues is what I've been told. What I have not been told is what vendors are not having issues so I don't have to jump through Customer Service hoops like walking across town to pay to have a receipt and game time card scanned to a file on a disk, walk the 1.5+ mile back home to email CS directly from my account, having them ignore the file requested to resolve the issue and have them telling me I have to submit the info I already submitted, taking sometimes 36 hours just to get subscriber benefits when I could buy a game time card for another MMO from Walmart and go home, enter the code on my acct page and play with zero issue.

When will we be getting a proper answer to when this will actually be resolved for all vendors and all current and potential consumers for this issue? Does it have to be brought up in mass media to be resolved properly? Does Wired or IGN need or other gaming publications have to bring it to everyone on the internet to be noticed in a grand fashion worldwide to be resolved?