The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Auriel's Shield enchantment still gone, no help so far =(?

Attorneyatlawl
Attorneyatlawl
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The recent 1.6 patch notes said this:
•Shield of the Man-Bull: Changed the default enchantment for this item set to Health. •All previously received items will retain their current enchantment.

I acquired this item around a month after launch, around patch 1.1 and it was fine until 1.6 went live. After that my shield changed to a simple and normal max health glyph instead of keeping the original and unique Auriel's Shield one. I filed a support ticket quickly, and received a response saying it would be looked into soon after. Eventually, this weekend I got an answer saying it can't be fixed if it bugged unless it was a global issue, which it is not after I asked a few people with them on voice.

While I have replied to the ticket, I am hoping that this might be looked into further by a friendly @ZOS rep ;). I think the csr who responded is likely mistaken as to not being able to perform item restorations in this kind of case, and was hoping for clarification and possibly a resolution to the problem :).
-First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait...You can get Auriel's Shield?
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also had this issue and I am deeply disappointed.

It was an enchantment on a dungeon drop. They decided to remove it in 1.6, but they stated we would keep it we already had it. This seem to have been a lie.
    - Mojican
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

It was an enchantment on a dungeon drop. They decided to remove it in 1.6, but they stated we would keep it we already had it. This seem to have been a lie.

Well, hopefully they will make it right and fix them for us :).

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but, what does it look like!?

Come on Attorneyatlawl, you know some of us crave to see unique items in this game. I had a Shield of the Man Bull, but it was Daedric.

Do you have any screenshots from your Psijic Order tests of the "first" Veteran Dungeon unique gear(s)?
    Edited by Teiji on March 16, 2015 10:13PM
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

HAHA, thats so zos... arm head doesnt know what arm does.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shield needs fix.... it'll have a good home, I promise!

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Te6083 wrote:
    Yes but, what does it look like!?

Come on Attorneyatlawl, you know some of us crave to see unique items in this game. I had a Shield of the Man Bull, but it was Daedric.

Do you have any screenshots from your Psijic Order tests of the "first" Veteran Dungeon unique gear(s)?

Heya! It was Daedric style cosmetically
    It is the Auriel's Shield enchantment proc that is the issue :).

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Customer service has told me they cannot fix it. Had people check who had them in game again and no one seems to actually have one that wasn't changed to health by the patch :(.So I'm thinking it was changed in the db and never separated into old or new in the first place properly which is about what the csr was mentioning that they can't fix a database error for an individual item like that (sensible enough).

Any help on this maybe getting patched @ZOS_AlanG , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_GinaBruno ? =)

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Customer service has told me they cannot fix it. Had people check who had them in game again and no one seems to actually have one that wasn't changed to health by the patch :(.So I'm thinking it was changed in the db and never separated into old or new in the first place properly which is about what the csr was mentioning that they can't fix a database error for an individual item like that (sensible enough).

Any help on this maybe getting patched @ZOS_AlanG , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_GinaBruno ? =)

Additionally, all "sabatons of the dragon" that were in the game during 1.5 were transformed into "greaves of the dragon" despite that patch note that said the items would stay the same. Is there anything that can be done about that?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep saw that too :(,

✭✭✭✭✭
    (1) Stage one, change item X to item Y but promise to keep it the same for anyone who already has item X
    (2) Stage two, at a later date (1-2 months) clean up all items of type X and hope no one notices.
    (3) Stage three, do not reply to any forum posts or bug reports about item X as you just want item X gone.
    (4) Stage four, if forced to reply about item X, say it had to be done to balance the game and then laugh and walk away
    Edited by Natjur on March 30, 2015 12:30AM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds likely that's what'll happen :(.

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anything? :)

✭✭✭
    Had one too, still no fix. Will we see a patch for it...?
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance we could get a word on whether this is being looked into by the team?

✭✭✭
    Any chance we could get a word on whether this is being looked into by the team?

Hope so! @ZOS_GinaBruno? No luck on fix with 2.0.7 patch.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! I commented on this a little bit ago in a different thread with @ZOS_JessicaFolsom about enchantments... I was wondering if there was any update as to a) confirming it is unintended (or not :(?), and b.) whether or not this will eventually be fixed :)? It fit in as a great 1pc in a lot of builds =).

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see @Mursa lurking about answering issues like this... let's cast a net :). Thanks in advance if you see this .

✭✭
    Hello everyone,

The Shield of the Man-Bull was never intended to have the Auriel's Shield 3 piece set bonus as an enchantment. With 1.6 this issue was resolved, however the patch note was incorrect when it said that any previous version of the shield would be retained.

@Personofsecrets we'll take look at the Akaviri Dragonguard set and if any issues exist they will be covered in a future update.
    Robbie Stevens
    Dungeon Lead | Zenimax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mursa wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

The Shield of the Man-Bull was never intended to have the Auriel's Shield 3 piece set bonus as an enchantment. With 1.6 this issue was resolved, however the patch note was incorrect when it said that any previous version of the shield would be retained.

@Personofsecrets we'll take look at the Akaviri Dragonguard set and if any issues exist they will be covered in a future update.

Thanks for putting it to rest @Mursa :). I had no idea if it was/wasn't intended but had been using it since launch, so the note mentioning it wasn't being changed had thrown me off as to it being fixed/changed to a standard enchantment. /waves-goodbye-to-fake-Master's-Shield =).

Again I appreciate the response! have a great evening.