The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Caught stealing while hidden bug

Soleya
Soleya
✭✭✭✭✭
I didn't know which forum was best to post bug reports in.

Earlier today while stealing I got caught, even though it said I was hidden the entire time.

Here is a youtube video of the incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGAoU-B4m28&feature=youtu.be
  • ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ZOS_RyanRuzich
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bug and we're working on a fix. :smile:

Great video for the bug report by the way, they help quite often.
    Ryan Ruzich
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Staff Post
  • Deome
    Deome
    ✭✭✭
    You might've been witnessed by the chicken. That's why there's an achievement for killing livestock :D
    Deome
    Loremonger, Addon Developer (DataDaedra, etc.), Ministry Malcontent

"I am alive because that one is dead. I exist because I have the will to do so." --Now-Last, "Boethiah's Proving"
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am beginning to think there is a insect conspiracy against me sometimes while on some thieving ops, been a number of times where the perfect crime is being done and somehow I get a bounty.

Does a fly report me or something? ESO equivalent of Chaos Theory, fly flaps its wings, I get bounty for no apparent reason:P

:smiley:
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭

Glad to read that. I haven't played the game for a month because of this bug, kinda fun-breaking. I got caught something like 10 times in a row while I was hidden , I ended up ragequiting.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fetaro wrote: »

Glad to read that. I haven't played the game for a month because of this bug, kinda fun-breaking. I got caught something like 10 times in a row while I was hidden , I ended up ragequiting.

Hehe cannot blame ya, I would rage at that too, it will be fixed hopefully soon:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Deome
    Deome
    ✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    I am beginning to think there is a insect conspiracy against me sometimes while on some thieving ops, been a number of times where the perfect crime is being done and somehow I get a bounty.

The Chicken sees all.
    Deome
    Loremonger, Addon Developer (DataDaedra, etc.), Ministry Malcontent

"I am alive because that one is dead. I exist because I have the will to do so." --Now-Last, "Boethiah's Proving"
  • LaughingJack
    LaughingJack
    ✭✭
    this is from my POV:
    looks to me like you were "Hiding" and not actually "Hidden", as the "Eye" never closed fully. when the Eye Closes completely you are only then fully hidden and shadowed to show you are. if the Eye is not fully closed you are only hiding/partly hidden and can be seen/detected from relatively close range by anybody - exactly how it works with 'enemies' - exactly what happened in your video.

@zos. can we have some clarification about how "hiding" works?

Cheers!
    Seeker of Shiny Objects
    Vapour Vehiculo De Dolor
    I7-920(2.6GHz), Win7-64, 8GB, HD4870-512, 40-90fps.
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    looks to me like you were "Hiding" and not actually "Hidden", as the "Eye" never closed fully.
    I always wait the eye to be completely closed before stealing.
    And I always look around me before stealing.
    I'm a careful thief, and put all the chances on my side before committing crimes.
    And I got caught 10 times in a row.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also had they eye close when out of sight, and then reopen then close again and reopen without me moving. I'll see if I can post a video of that as well.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deome wrote: »
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

The Chicken sees all.

Haha aye, seems like that, even when dead they somehow or other things, manage to report you...

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've also had they eye close when out of sight, and then reopen then close again and reopen without me moving. I'll see if I can post a video of that as well.

Ugh, yeah. That happens to me all. The friggin'. Time. Whether moving or not, eye closing then instantly breaking wide open, the process repeating itself as much as some half a dozen times, it is agonizing even for trying to sneak up on enemies to get quick, easy, stealthy kills... ._.

And this is at times when no NPC could possibly see me, either too far away, and/or back(s) facing me...
    Edited by Aerius_Sygale on May 27, 2015 8:04AM
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have had this so many times, first I thought I completely missed the eye opening but Im glad its just a bug and that its getting fixed.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had this so many times, first I thought I completely missed the eye opening but Im glad its just a bug and that its getting fixed.

It is just a bug...that still hasn't been fixed, and console launch is right around the corner. It is disturbing.

ZoS must comprehend how painfully loud console gamers will cry out if this still exists when the time comes, as it -greatly- hurts two aspects of the game; stealing and sneaking up on enemies, or even from range, so long as that eye inexplicably keeps bursting open until the cows come home. >.>'
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The topic of stealth, the various differences in the mechanics of it and in relation to the state of the eye has been in and out of clarity since day one (including long lists of bugs). @ZOS_GinaBruno posted an explanation of the various states based on the eye a while back, but I think this was pre-1.6. If post 1.6, I'll link in here as it was very informative.
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Just happened to me, I was hidden and I had taken a 16.3 second invisibility potion prior to trying to open a chest. All enemies from yards around saw me and attacked me. Then I really wonder what the use is of invisibility and being hidden. Why not put a brightly light pointing arrow over my head at all times?
    Edited by Ageless on May 28, 2015 8:51PM
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ageless wrote: »
    Just happened to me, I was hidden and I had taken a 16.3 second invisibility potion prior to trying to open a chest. All enemies from yards around saw me and attacked me. Then I really wonder what the use is of invisibility and being hidden. Why not put a brightly light pointing arrow over my head at all times?

Yeah, the invisibility potions are a gamble.. like Cloak. Happens to me every now and then that I consume one of these potions and everyone keeps seeing me. I actually assume (and posted it in another thread just recently) that invisibility in general is broken, not just Cloak.

What I also get extremely often that it alternates between "hidden" and "detected" ALL THE FREAKING TIME, even when there's no one around and not even close to be considered being "around".
    My main has maxed this skill line already, so with the rest of my characters I don't care that much anymore (there's no achievement or even a dye anyways), with these bugs it's not really fun anymore.
    Edited by Moonshadow66 on May 29, 2015 3:11PM
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think that the small worthless mobs can see you or something cuz I will be in sneak mode and there is nothing around but I get the detected open eye.
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”