The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Wodwo
    Wodwo
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Jason/ Gina/ Jess/ Gary/ Kai (or whomever monitors this),

I have two questions;

1. Seeing as Bethesda is an official partner this year, will ZOS and ESO be at EGX London? This would be great for all of your English fans who don't get much love when it comes to conventions.

2. How will you handle the transition over to Windows 10? Will ESO have DirectX 12 specific effects implemented, or will we just see performance improvements from the new API?

Thanks and keep up the awesome work!
    Wodwo
    (Pronounced Wod-woe)
    Edited by Wodwo on May 20, 2015 8:15AM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever get a oceanic mega server like you guys did for EU?.

Lag man lag lol
    Edited by Heromofo on May 20, 2015 12:50PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the console launch goes smoothly do you have an approximate date for when the next significant content update might be? One month, three months, six months?

I appreciate you cannot be specific but right now we all just feel like we are starring into a content void with no information and no timescale. We don't know what you plan to introduce next and we have no idea when it might be.

I know you are very excited and busy with the console launch but it will make no difference to the game experience of most of the PC players who are already here - we need something to make us feel excited about the game again.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS Staff,

Can you officially answer the following:
    -Has TESO passed certification with Xbox One yet?
    -Has TESO been delayed with Xbox One based on the June 9th 2015 release date?
    -Will we see the game in the Xbox One digital store to pre-order prior to May 25, 2015?

I ask all of these questions because the game has been removed from Xbox One coming soon and the ability to pre-order the game on the Xbox One site is no longer available.

Info Link: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/elder-scrolls-online
    Retail disc game link:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/elder-scrolls-online/buy-now

Digital is still not up (no link)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 and XB1 guild sections are coming to the forums ....how long till they are going to be opened ?
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that I finally finished all research and max all crafting skills on my main character (vs spread across many chars), I love to see (and know) how many others completed this feat. Would ZOS consider adding a player stats page to the website showing players that completed or max crafting skills?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WHY NO ARENA ZOS !!!!!!!!! It is very very clear that every one wants a arena/dueling system.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are mounts saddle/bags colored to those use in dyes? If mount accessories not going to have option to be dyed, how about adding matching colors as unlocked dyes with crown purchase of mount. Would ZOS have plans for this in the future?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • Gynormus
    Gynormus
    ✭✭
    G
    Edited by Gynormus on July 27, 2017 11:58PM
  • Greywolf_McGrowler
    Any idea when we will be able to preorder the digital version for the xbox? I heard that it is available for the PS4 already.
    Commander Greywolf34 PR of The Accursed Legion
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    LORE QUESTION: Dragons in TES aren't the typical fire breathing beast we see in other fictional universes, they actually use the Thu'um, a type of magic that enables them to cast spells of immense power. The Thu'um can be used for a wide variety of purposes, anything from sharpening blades to quickly traveling across the land, even controlling animals or killing enemies. Since they haven't been seen for centuries, most of the powers the Dragons use are thought to be just myths. But, there's at least two abilities the Dragons have that is acknowledged by almost everyone: Their ability to use Fire & Frost.
    So my question is, if DragonKnights claim their abilities come from the Dragons themselves, some even saying they use Real Dragon Magic, how come they only use Fire? It is widely known that Dragons use Frost as well, so how come there aren't any Frost Dragonknights?
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    I was against the changes to the Redguard armor at first since it was my favorite style but I got really attached to it afterwards. Unfortunately I'm sure you are aware that the Redguard heavy armor came with a lot of bugs and flaws. Such as the floating (causing a clipping issue) heavy girdle glitch, the (only two dye?) mislabeled greaves, and the random changing color of the jewels in the armor (the jewel color should be the same as the tertiary color in my opinion and not a random color based on the secondary color). Has the department that created the new armor seen the issues I'm talking about and has any progress been made to fix these issues?

And on the dye note once again... SHIELD DYES?!
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With Champion Points, the difficulty and challenge of the game is plummeting to the point that even hard modes are trivial. Is this intentional? Are there any plans to address it?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• ChuChuMouse
    With the console release of ESOTU right around the corner, could we possibly get a sneak peek of the achievement/trophy list for the game?
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    With Character Transfers happening on June 1st, can you finally tell us what resolution and frame rate for each console will be? We know you Knowledge Base states the target is 1080p/30fps, but many in your forums want to know if you achieved those targets. With the game 19 days away, I am sure that this is something that has been nailed down already.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the console launch goes smoothly do you have an approximate date for when the next significant content update might be? One month, three months, six months?

I appreciate you cannot be specific but right now we all just feel like we are starring into a content void with no information and no timescale. We don't know what you plan to introduce next and we have no idea when it might be.

I know you are very excited and busy with the console launch but it will make no difference to the game experience of most of the PC players who are already here - we need something to make us feel excited about the game again.

This question ^^^^^^^ we need those carrots, please.
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would greatly appreciate any information or answers that could be provided for any of the following. Thank you!

1. Will there be a wolf pet added at some point?

2. There was mention that we could toggle features such as saddlebags on our mounts. Is this still going to be added into the game, and is there an estimated timeframe?

3. Could a feature be added to preview armor pieces on our character before crafting them?

4. Any word on when a race change and/or character editor will be added?

5. Is there any cross faction content planned? (Outside of Cyrodil) Would love to be able to team up with other alliance members for instanced dungeons, possibly fighting a common enemy like Daedra.

6. Would you consider adding the armors from the cinematic trailer as costumes (Nord, Breton, Altmer characters).

7. Would you ever hold an event for fans and ZOS to get together like an ESOCON?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. There seems to be some confusion about the removal of the Veteran Ranks in the next major content update, could you explain if its still the plan to remove Veteran Ranks and introduce seasonal gear? If so, what will happen to the current gear and the requirements to wear it?

2. You mentioned that there will be a crafting location in Imperial City where Imperial Daedric armor can be crafted, will this gear also have a unique set bonus or will it be mainly cosmetic?

3. Are there plans to add any gear crafting locations with new set bonuses? If so, could you gives us some specifics?

4. Are there plans to make craftable jewelry or ways to improve the quality of the current jewelry?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the date of the console copy now known whats to stop people borrowing money and high quality materials from friends/guild mates on May 31st and then returning them June 2nd after the copy so that they're both rich and swimming in mats when console releases?

Are you guys okay with people doing this?
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey , @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS whoever posts replies, when we have questions answered after ESO live can the reply post use the "@" name of folks, so we're given notification on the forums? Thank you.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad idea, @HeroOfNone. We'll give that a whirl this week!
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    What is the ground-speed velocity of an unladen Guar?

Banded or Tessellated?
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are target dummies (Wrobel Dummies :) ) planned for an upcoming release and if so please let us know if they are at least planned, even better if you have a rough estimate on timing.

Just one example: Configurable dummies that we can spawn with a specific configuration and setup (resists, resource pools, recovery rates etc...) that allows us to perform sustained DPS testing ( > 120 seconds) with various builds, skill rotations etc... Many forms of testing can be completed either on Live or PTS, but this specific scenario is one of the most difficult to adequately test. Running these in the live environment is not viable for a long list of reasons.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    Are target dummies (Wrobel Dummies :) ) planned for an upcoming release and if so please let us know if they are at least planned, even better if you have a rough estimate on timing.
    The problem with training dummies is the entire game's system changes depending on what the level of the target is. So having a standard training dummy wouldn't work because how do you differentiate between Lv1 and VR14? Different armor defenses, stats, etc. You'd almost need multiple dummies with independent levels to test with, so you'd need a dummy or two in different zones with unique stats to cater to those characters.

Not impossible, just adds a bit more of a challenge -vs- just adding a training dummy.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Is Caltrops and its moprhs not supposed to stack or is it a bug?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• StarCityKilla
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey , @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS
    With the fact that most of the illegal gold sellers got their upgrade and can basically double their revenue now with character transfers...why are we blocking others who are willing to pay the extra 70 bucks to buy another copy? Most MMO who go cross platform allow this because the understand that it takes a long time to make master crafter and suck it is a lot of devotion and to have to start over is harsh. Plus I'm sure you all remember the economy at launch where they locked down the werewolf and vamp spawns and made the prices outrageous plus farming nodes and leaving worms for others to pick up as they sold their resources highly overpriced just to turn around and illegally sell the gold. If you allow everyone to bring their characters over we can help counter act that since you will have more people who have resource to provide thus making it harder for the gold sellers to lock down the market like they did with the PC release. I personally have already paid the extra 80 for the deluxe ps4 edition and have played ESO sine July 2nd of last year. Their are alto of people who went PC waiting who are now considering not getting the console version just because they don't want to have to start over. I hope we can find a way to keep these players in the game as quite a few of my guild mates are not making the crossover with me.
    Edited by StarCityKilla on May 23, 2015 7:47PM
    It was the skooma I tell ya......
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    The problem with training dummies is the entire game's system changes depending on what the level of the target is. So having a standard training dummy wouldn't work because how do you differentiate between Lv1 and VR14?

The game already has level scaling. If they ever implement this it would be after vet ranks are removed. At that point you would simply have both the player and target dummy set to level 50 (via phasing or instancing). I would like to see some sort of apparatus where you're pulling levers to make modifications (armor, spell resist, health, etc) to a dwemer centurion dummy. They could make it part of a new skill line called Dwemer Engineering and have achievements for managing to kill the dummy within a certain time limit or when a certain amount of regen and restistances are applied to the dummy.

Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    To Loremaster: Where does the Hist tree in Colharbor originate?

In ESO the word HISTORY does it have roots in agornian 'Hist" tree?

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this was seen since I posted it in the "next episode 5/22 thread" so here it is again :) :

Can we get an update on the status of User Interface fixes and improvements (both optional toggleable features and QoL issues)? This has been an active topic lately. One example being this thread, for reference:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/160517/user-interface-and-quality-of-life-problems-eso-2-0-is-good-lets-make-it-better/p1

Thanks!

-First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.