The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

In-Depth feedback and opinion on the game - so far, so good.

odenthalb16_ESO
Hey folks,

so yes, first of all, this is not a rant. Really, it's not. I truly learned to love the game with all it's flaws - at least some of them. This thread is much more possibly my own way to say: You can do it better. It'll probably never get any attention by ZOS, but hey, why not.

Let's make it quick with a few explanations on what I think which has to be changed for the future - asap. Because, actually ESO seems to have issues making a coin on the item shop, yet there are a few controversial things about the shop and the idea of microtransactions itself.

Issue A - Motifs

Yet, available for 200+ Crowns on the shop, but: Why purchase them with crowns? Droprates are impressively high. You'd even get most blue motifs for 500g or lesser! Even for free, quite often. Just ask in /zone-Chat and tons of people will pop up with prices which have no relation to the crown-prices @ the shop.

Possible solution
Reduce the droprate / findrate to an absolute minimum. I mean, honestly, if it was about me, don't even let them drop. It's cosmetical stuff, it doesn't gives you any advantage over other players. So, why the heck even bother with dropping it? Keep it for real money in the cash shop or make it accessible to loyal subscribers, lets say, every month you get one or two. Actually an important incentive to keep people playing the game or at least keep looking into it.

Another solution might be to link them to some kind of daily quests - players who have absolved 75% of their daily (crafting?) quests in one month, might get a motif for free.

So, the way I see it currently: Motifs & Item Shop = Make no sense. Sorry, but it's just true. In this case, ZOE has clearly shown a perfect example of how to devaluate an item thought to be used to improve the flow of microtransactions.

Issue B - Subscriptions

Instead of trying to bind users by forcing them to actually subscribe, why not just do it like many other companies and offer game time? I mean, maybe this doesn't affect other countries, but here in Germany, if you want those 30 days you're actually subscribing for it to be continued. Means basically, no, you're not purchasing "only" 30 days, you've to face the truth of ZOE trying to book another transaction after those 30 days - without you taking action on it.

So, why to give people the feeling of being "forced", when giving them the "choice" is the far better way to do it? So, just offer single game time without subscription. Would make a lot of people happier.

Issue C - Payment methods / giropay

Maybe some of you don't know giropay, but actually it is a direct and one of the most secure payment methods for companies to offer, specially when they've a lot of customers in Germany.

It works this way:

1.) User selects the item he wants to purchase on the portal.
2.) He checks out, selects giropay as payment method.
3.) After checking out, there's a handshake between the website offering the product (being partner of giropay) and the bank (being part of the giropay alliance).
4.) User gets redirected DIRECTLY to the website of HIS BANK - enters his online banking credentials and gets asked if he wants to confirm the transaction.
5.) In order to confirm the transaction, he puts his DEBIT-Card into the ChipTAN-Generator, generates a transaction number, enters this one and...
6.) VOILÁ, if the account is covered, the transaction gets booked and the user gets led back to the shop-site.

So far, so good, right?

So, it means basically: The user DOES NOT have to enter his bank number (just like the way it is currently) on any formular which isn't given by his bank. The ONLY thing he should be asked for is usually his BIC (sorting code) in order to find the bank where he has his account.

Okay, what's the problem with the current payment method? Let me show you with screenshots:

Step 1: http://gyazo.com/c12ca5848e02c195d3745162d1b28ee4
Step 2: http://gyazo.com/dc610f957030dfbbb7afc23e1daa996f
Step 3: http://gyazo.com/0b9df8ab8f5851e6853af7cba7c520ca
Step 4: http://gyazo.com/fc43f5d60ce967b8e1fe1e5f02d12fdf
Step 5: http://gyazo.com/ea69628fb86251079314ebc4759a08d9

Here you notice clearly, there's no handshake with my bank. Even if I enter my bank account data, global collect - and no other service (besides sofortüberweisung.de, they're partnering with 99% of the banks in Germany) has access to know if my bank account HAS cash on it or not. That way, there's no reason for it to show the transaction wasn't authorized.

DIFFERENT it would have been, IF I would have gotten redirected to my banks online banking portal on check out - and HAVE introduced the account credentials to log in (Accountname + Password, not IBAN and BIC). If THIS would have happened, THEN my bank would have replied to ZOE / Global Collect: "Hey buddy, our fella has no money, we can't allow the transaction, because it's a debit account."

Jesus Christ, how many german customers would have wanted to pay - and could NOT, lol. This problem with Global Collect is already known. Blizzard Entertainment had the same problem and they fixed it. They even gave me 50€ for free for addressing it so detailed. And NO, I did NOT ask for it and I'm not asking here for it either. Just to make things clear.

Issue D - Customer Support Portal

I don't know if it's because of the newest Java Version, but here's the problem shown in screenshots:

Step 1: http://gyazo.com/9f318bec50f3999d2c09a45ec894a6f6
Step 2: http://gyazo.com/734c4e2720640ea8291f3e9ca7f2f529
Step 3: http://gyazo.com/c0a63e67d411023718bd87900f4cb622
Step 4: http://gyazo.com/fb44361ebffc80511c01b696df6e5c5a

So yes, I tested this with the newest Chrome, Firefox (Uses Chrome engine too...), Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer.
It did not work. Java is up to date.

Issue E - Customer Support / Communication

I really DO like the fact that ZOE offers a callback function / hotline. Really, I do. But specially if you've to explain to someone your problem, sometimes it's just better to have a written transcript you can forward to your teamleader, than having to explain the stuff you just "saved" in your memory by the phone chat you had with your customer. But that's just me, my opinion. Maybe implementing a live chat makes things easier.

Issue F - Customer Support / Account owner verification

Currently, Customer Support Representatives do NOT ask you comparison things about the account owner. Means basically, they're not making you tell them what's the real name of the account owner - which, even if it gets hidden on the user account page, once clicking on payment (selecting subscription) makes it visible (so, why even hiding it on the account page?).

Issue G - Forums / New Users don't get invitation code

So, you've purchased the game, just like I did and wondered how to get into the forums? You simply do not. Easy as that. Mainly because both E-Mails you get do NOT include an invitational token to get into the forums. That's why I'm writing with my beta account. I really look forward for this to get fixed.

Issue H - Open World PVP, or what it could be

Many online games with open world feature have shown that it works. Why not just implementing a PVP Switch? Best example: Grand Theft Auto 5. If you don't want to fight, just go into passive mode. I'd even call it "PVE MODE" for TESOTU. Set up a cooldown of 15 minutes to prevent people abusing from it if they just use it to "flee" from others - just to stab them again once they switch to PVP ON. This said: Open World PVP, please make my day on The Elder Scrolls Online - YOU'RE WELCOME!

Issue I - Lack of content / Apparels / Motifs

I really cannot imagine that the art director couldn't get a talented assistant in charge of modeling new mounts, motif apparels, etc. Give that man a bit of help, please! Or do even implement a player studio, where you just have to click on "Accepted" or "Denied" - or even make it based on votings and take the last word on it. I'm sure the community has more than just a few talented folks able to do AMAZING things. Just take a look on Planetside 2. Your microtransactions will boom!

So yeh, this are my concerns - and my possible solutions on how it can be done properly.

Post Scriptum: To all those saying that unlocking riding skills EARLIER by paying crowns... Please... If you can even unlock them without paying, it's not Pay2Win. It's just "Pay2GetItEarlier", lol.

Disclaimer: I may add more things from time to time. I really hope people contribute on this in order to make it bigger.

• odenthalb16_ESO
    C'mon peops, feed me with what's weighting on your soul!
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, after reading the first solution for the motif "issue", I didn't bother to continue reading. Motifs are part of the game, why should they suddenly not drop anymore and only be available in the crown store? That only rich people can get the stuff everyone deserves? If you want to throw out your money for things which also drop in the game anyways, feel free to buy them in the crown store. Not my problem.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• odenthalb16_ESO
    Tbh, after reading the first solution for the motif "issue", I didn't bother to continue reading. Motifs are part of the game, why should they suddenly not drop anymore and only be available in the crown store? That only rich people can get the stuff everyone deserves? If you want to throw out your money for things which also drop in the game anyways, feel free to buy them in the crown store. Not my problem.

Oh, no no. It's not "Stuff Everyone Deserves". Also, it was a bit tactless from my side to not add, that it shouldn't affect already available motifs - but for future ones.

ZOE isn't a charity organization, I think we can agree on this. So, in order to make cash, there are only a few ways which might decide between: It's a pay2win/alroundsales or a pay2dressbeautiful - that's it.

Be reasonable, if you want to keep playing this game next year. Come down to a point where you say, what'd be acceptable for you in order to pay for.

Because, motifs, no matter how you turn it, are a pure cosmetic addition, nothing else. That for, something to throw over board - just like in League of Legends or The Secret World.

If you want to look fancy, pay for it. I don't think you'd be able to get a Devore for free, just because it's "Stuff Everyone Deserves".
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you are speaking of blue motifis,

try to get the full dwemer motify or imperial motify, 150k-200k Gold or ca 24h of farming.....

no Problem about motifi
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • odenthalb16_ESO
    BuggeX wrote: »

try to get the full dwemer motify or imperial motify, 150k-200k Gold or ca 24h of farming.....

no Problem about motifi

Of course, talking about the blue ones. But as said, I keep thinking it's too easy to get them.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »

no Problem about motifi

Of course, talking about the blue ones. But as said, I keep thinking it's too easy to get them.

THis gane lacks looks customization big way and you want to further gate it with real money? Hehe no mate thats no the way.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't discuss all suggestions separately (most of them I have no opinion and the rest I'm quite against them anyway), but just wanted to ask :

Did you actually "review" the game or just.... ZOS' business / marketing model ?

Because 99% of your comments are related to the way the game is marketed, not the game itself.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed, not much actual stuff about the game.. Yeah, there has been a lot of motifs around, but at least people are no longer paying 1K plus for them.. So let the new guys get some motifs so that they feel happy.. It won't hurt anyone.. They had a much lower drop before thieving sure, but hey, why complain?
    After that issue, I lost all interest
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue A - NO
    Issue B - the game is B2P, no one is forced to sub anyways. what are you rambling about here?
    Issue C thru F - No one cares
    Issue G - YES
    Issue H - NO
    Issue I - YES
    Edited by Cuyler on May 20, 2015 6:28PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • odenthalb16_ESO
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Issue A - NO
    Issue B - the game is B2P, no one is forced to sub anyways. what are you rambling about here?
    Issue C thru F - No one cares
    Issue G - YES
    Issue H - NO
    Issue I - YES

On B: Because the game isn't able to hold itself just based on the unique sales per customer.
    On C through F: You should care, since support quality is an important factor in order to keep people happy.
    On H: Why a no? What's your concern?

• odenthalb16_ESO
    Btw. little correcture on B: I'm talking about unique game copy sales per customer - not generally (mounts, motifs, etc.)

Just take other games as an example, which have succeed doing it that way. Of course it is Buy2Play, definitely. And you get already the base game by paying for it, right? If you want additional stuff - like cosmetics, you should pay for it, of course.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On B: Because the game isn't able to hold itself just based on the unique sales per customer.

How do you know ??? You think ZOS is stupid enough to "push" themselves into a non-sustainable business model ?
    Most studies tend to demonstrate that people spend more money altogether in a cash shop than in a subscription anyway.
    Even then, I don't know anything about ZOS financial figures and neither do you.

Again, I wonder why you pretend in the title to have an opinion about the game when all you wrote is "marketing counseling", as if you knew anything and everything better than ZOS...

As to customer support, I believe most player would be more than happy to never need it at all. But if I think about your advice, I think it's bad. Anything written has pretty much the value of a contract nowadays and ZOS would not want such a constraint in customer relations.

Regarding the motifs, I think you are misinformed. They are not something that was added to the game together with the Crown Shop. That's part of the base game, as lootable item, and we bought it with the game. Withdrawing it now that it is in the Crown Shop would be dishonest if not illegal, and ZOS knows that. It would tarnish ZOS' image and do far more damage (including financially, by loss of sales and subscriptions) than they would gain by selling those poor motifs.

Furthermore, crafters ingame do sell their services and crafting a specific motif is part of the service. Making the motifs crown-store-only would mean make crown store items tradable ingame which leads to pay-to-win.

Any "expert", as well as any sensible person, knows that, and so does ZOS.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on May 20, 2015 10:19PM
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here is my feed back on each point individually
    https://youtu.be/KQxhOYqLPdY
    Edited by lathbury on May 20, 2015 10:06PM
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care about the customer service issues, mostly they don't apply to me and don't really like any of the other suggestions at all.

I would, in theory, like open world pvp but online gamers are generally A holes and I like the separation of pve and pvp elements, for that reason. They have displayed the intention of adding player law enforcement to the game and I hope they do but that's as close as I'd like the game to get to open world pvp.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • odenthalb16_ESO

How do you know ??? You think ZOS is stupid enough to "push" themselves into a non-sustainable business model ?
    Most studies tend to demonstrate that people tend to spend more money altogether in a cash shop than in a subscription anyway.

To be honest, that's what it currently looks like, yes. They're pushing and rushing towards consoles as one of the last tries in order to succeed. So, if you compare to what other companies did in the past - and how it did go for them, you might see the same pattern.
    Even then, I don't know anything about ZOS financial figures and neither do you.

Again, I wonder why you pretend in the title to have an opinion about the game when all you wrote is "marketing counseling", as if you knew anything and everything better than ZOS...

Yes, you're right. ZOE doesn't show publicly their data. But I got some candy for you - knowing there are only about 50k at peak times, average of 25k users online at the same time.[/quote]

chart2.jpg

And specially to you, the one looking for my game review: It's a nice game, I didn't expect anything else to be honest. Of course, I've problems with lags and there might be a few overreported bugs, which all in all aren't gamebreaking, no matter how you turn it.
  • odenthalb16_ESO
    Ley wrote: »
    I don't really care about the customer service issues, mostly they don't apply to me and don't really like any of the other suggestions at all.

I would, in theory, like open world pvp but online gamers are generally A holes and I like the separation of pve and pvp elements, for that reason. They have displayed the intention of adding player law enforcement to the game and I hope they do but that's as close as I'd like the game to get to open world pvp.

But if you could exclude yourself from PVP, by just hitting a button, what'd be the problem with that?
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But if you could exclude yourself from PVP, by just hitting a button, what'd be the problem with that?

The trolling it would encourage.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • odenthalb16_ESO

But how? How you'd get trolled? If you just have PVP turned off, you can't be attacked - you can't attack. As long as there are no player driven interferences with the environment, what'd happen?

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you're right. ZOE doesn't show publicly their data. But I got some candy for you - knowing there are only about 50k at peak times, average of 25k users online at the same time.

How do you know about "50k at peak times" ? How is it related to this chart ? Furthermore, the chart only mentions (estimated) sales figures for other games, do nto show any trend, and furthermore, do not say anything about win/loss in the end. So it seems pretty irrelevant to me.

Now to the "optional PvP" part : it would completely destroy the immersion by making us "coexist" in two different worlds, in two different games. The whole point of an MMO being to share the same virtual persistent world. So : NO, thank you.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on May 20, 2015 10:41PM
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll chime in... gee, and it's my first post.. and it is in regards to getting access to this forum. Like others, I did not receive an 'invitation' e-mail for the forums... so I sent a polite e-mail to customer service requesting one. They wrote back and said they cannot send the invitation e-mail, however, if I would reply with three options for user names, they would set up the account for me. A short time later I received a reply with my account name and temporary password.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    You have some very constructive feedback, thanks! Two quick points about the help portal and forums we can clarify:

I don't know if it's because of the newest Java Version, but here's the problem shown in screenshots:

So yes, I tested this with the newest Chrome, Firefox (Uses Chrome engine too...), Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer.
    Under your email address it asks "what king of problem are you experiencing?" and you need to select a category below. If you do this you should be able to submit a ticket. It's not clear why it isn't allowing you unless you do that, and we'll escalate that matter for further investigation.

So, you've purchased the game, just like I did and wondered how to get into the forums? You simply do not. Easy as that. Mainly because both E-Mails you get do NOT include an invitational token to get into the forums. That's why I'm writing with my beta account. I really look forward for this to get fixed.
    A forum invite should be emailed out within a few hours of registering your game. However if you have a forum account from beta, and its with the same email as your game account, you won't receive an invite as you already have an account. We're happy to change you username, however, if you'd like something different.

Speaking generally, sometimes invites are caught in spam filters, so it's worth checking around if you're looking for an invite. If you can't find it, there are instructions here about having an account setup by Support.
    Edited by ZOS_AlanG on May 21, 2015 12:02AM
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • odenthalb16_ESO
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    You have some very constructive feedback, thanks! Two quick points about the help portal and forums we can clarify:

Under your email address it asks "what king of problem are you experiencing?" and you need to select a category below. If you do this you should be able to submit a ticket. It's not clear why it isn't allowing you unless you do that, and we'll escalate that matter for further investigation.

A forum invite should be emailed out within a few hours of registering your game. However if you have a forum account from beta, and its with the same email as your game account, you won't receive an invite as you already have an account. We're happy to change you username, however, if you'd like something different.

Speaking generally, sometimes invites are caught in spam filters, so it's worth checking around if you're looking for an invite. If you can't find it, there are instructions here about having an account setup by Support.

Hey Alan!

Much appreciated. Well, let's get to the Help Portal: As you can see on the screenshots, you cannot select a category on the language theme BEFORE sending it. See Step 3 and 4.

And in terms of the E-Mail: It's not the same E-Mail as on my beta account. It doesn't either arrive in spam / junk. And, actually it seems like a bunch of people have that problem (specially germans) - take a google on it.

• MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

so yes, first of all, this is not a rant. Really, it's not. I truly learned to love the game with all it's flaws - at least some of them. This thread is much more possibly my own way to say: You can do it better. It'll probably never get any attention by ZOS, but hey, why not.

Let's make it quick with a few explanations on what I think which has to be changed for the future - asap. Because, actually ESO seems to have issues making a coin on the item shop, yet there are a few controversial things about the shop and the idea of microtransactions itself.

Issue A - Motifs

Yet, available for 200+ Crowns on the shop, but: Why purchase them with crowns? Droprates are impressively high. You'd even get most blue motifs for 500g or lesser! Even for free, quite often. Just ask in /zone-Chat and tons of people will pop up with prices which have no relation to the crown-prices @ the shop.

I'd really love your drop rates. The last time I got a motif drop was about a month after early access, and it was when the Imperial motif was still a purple drop.

Also, motifs being sold on the store are being blown far out of proportion. There is literally no advantage to be gained by purchasing motifs from the store. Strictly cosmetic, and in line with what was said by DevTeam.

Possible solution
    Reduce the droprate / findrate to an absolute minimum. I mean, honestly, if it was about me, don't even let them drop. It's cosmetical stuff, it doesn't gives you any advantage over other players. So, why the heck even bother with dropping it? Keep it for real money in the cash shop or make it accessible to loyal subscribers, lets say, every month you get one or two. Actually an important incentive to keep people playing the game or at least keep looking into it.

Reducing drop rate is a sure way to get people either very angry or to quit, given what I've seen on the forums about it.
    Personally, I'd not mind buying those rare motifs....as long as the things in my sig come to the game first.

Another solution might be to link them to some kind of daily quests - players who have absolved 75% of their daily (crafting?) quests in one month, might get a motif for free.

So, the way I see it currently: Motifs & Item Shop = Make no sense. Sorry, but it's just true. In this case, ZOE has clearly shown a perfect example of how to devaluate an item thought to be used to improve the flow of microtransactions.

Sorry, but you cannot "make" people do content. Fairly sure there are people that have never done, nor ever will do any of the crafting writs, mainly because of what I've read on the forums. A good portion of people seem to think the "rewards" for doing crafting writs are....well....garbage, and the materials one uses to complete the writ are more valuable than what the writ provides as a reward. I don't see how adding a motif (which many already have full sets of) at the end of a whole MONTH's worth of them is any kind of incentive.

*skipping stuff that doesn't matter to me one way or the other*
    Issue H - Open World PVP, or what it could be

Many online games with open world feature have shown that it works. Why not just implementing a PVP Switch? Best example: Grand Theft Auto 5. If you don't want to fight, just go into passive mode. I'd even call it "PVE MODE" for TESOTU. Set up a cooldown of 15 minutes to prevent people abusing from it if they just use it to "flee" from others - just to stab them again once they switch to PVP ON. This said: Open World PVP, please make my day on The Elder Scrolls Online - YOU'RE WELCOME!

Right. Because open world PvP has worked SO WELL for other games. That's a resounding NO.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08
    Issue I - Lack of content / Apparels / Motifs

I really cannot imagine that the art director couldn't get a talented assistant in charge of modeling new mounts, motif apparels, etc. Give that man a bit of help, please! Or do even implement a player studio, where you just have to click on "Accepted" or "Denied" - or even make it based on votings and take the last word on it. I'm sure the community has more than just a few talented folks able to do AMAZING things. Just take a look on Planetside 2. Your microtransactions will boom!

So yeh, this are my concerns - and my possible solutions on how it can be done properly.

Post Scriptum: To all those saying that unlocking riding skills EARLIER by paying crowns... Please... If you can even unlock them without paying, it's not Pay2Win. It's just "Pay2GetItEarlier", lol.

Disclaimer: I may add more things from time to time. I really hope people contribute on this in order to make it bigger.

Given that the art department did so very well on the landscapes of this game and so very horrible at the armors and clothing....I'd have to say no. Far better to just allow cosmetic modding for armors, clothing and weapons. THAT would really get this game a shot of B-vitamins in the arm.
    Edited by MercyKilling on May 21, 2015 12:53AM
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • odenthalb16_ESO
    Given that the art department did so very well on the landscapes of this game and so very horrible at the armors and clothing....I'd have to say no. Far better to just allow cosmetic modding for armors, clothing and weapons. THAT would really get this game a shot of B-vitamins in the arm.

So, a player studio, right?
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Cosmetic modding, just like in every single player ES title since Morrowind. Let ME choose what my armor looks like by downloading someone's mod for it. That's it. I don't need someone "voting" on anything. My tastes and sensibilities are not up for debate or voting.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But how? How you'd get trolled? If you just have PVP turned off, you can't be attacked - you can't attack. As long as there are no player driven interferences with the environment, what'd happen?

Players following you, harassing you, calling you out in public chats, jumping in circles around you while you quest, leeching off all your kills, gathering mobs and then dumping them on you while you're engaged with other mobs, racing you to steal your harvest nodes, doing everything they can to annoy you until you agree to duel them. Sure you can report them but this is the type of behavior you expect from some players, if they added open world pvp.

I'm all for an arena area, where players of the same faction can duel to practice their pvp skills.
  • odenthalb16_ESO

No. Cosmetic modding, just like in every single player ES title since Morrowind. Let ME choose what my armor looks like by downloading someone's mod for it. That's it. I don't need someone "voting" on anything. My tastes and sensibilities are not up for debate or voting. [/quote]

You know, that's one of the things which definitely will most likely not happen. It's an MMORPG, not a SP experience. I mean, you wouldn't wear stuff if it wasn't to show it off to others, right?
  • odenthalb16_ESO
    Players following you, harassing you, calling you out in public chats, jumping in circles around you while you quest, leeching off all your kills, gathering mobs and then dumping them on you while you're engaged with other mobs, racing you to steal your harvest nodes, doing everything they can to annoy you until you agree to duel them. Sure you can report them but this is the type of behavior you expect from some players, if they added open world pvp.

I'm all for an arena area, where players of the same faction can duel to practice their pvp skills.

Okay, this sounds reasonable to me, although some of those things already DO happen - but I guess, if there'd be open world PVP, it would increase to an unbearable level.

While, honestly, I really do like the idea of arenas.
  • odenthalb16_ESO

No. Cosmetic modding, just like in every single player ES title since Morrowind. Let ME choose what my armor looks like by downloading someone's mod for it. That's it. I don't need someone "voting" on anything. My tastes and sensibilities are not up for debate or voting.

You know, that's one of the things which definitely will most likely not happen. It's an MMORPG, not a SP experience. I mean, you wouldn't wear stuff if it wasn't to show it off to others, right?
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure some people don't care but I agree with you on this. I've had people ask me what armor/dye I was using a few times and it made me feel oddly happy that someone else like the way my character looked. I'm not gonna bother too much with my looks, if it's for my eyes only.

I kinda like how diablo 3 designed their armor customization system.