The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Not getting enlightenment buff

charriss1rwb17_ESO
I am almost VR 3 and have not received any enlightenment buff. I have 4 champ points so far. My leveling mate is VR 1 and he has 8 champ points? Anyone else have this issue? Really frustrating.....
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    My ticket number is 150405-000062 for info. I have disabled all mods and /reloadui to no avail. I have also ran the script /script d(GetEnlightenedPool()) which give me a value of '0'. This is straight after logging in with 8 hours previously logged off.

Any help appreciated
  • Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hey bro you're just like me. I'm VR 6 now with a crazy...13 champ points...I havent gotten a single point of enlightenment since I hit VR 1 few weeks back. I also leveled 2 other toons to VR 1. Logged off game for 4 days thinking in some weird way me being offline for X time would fix it. You could guess it didn't. I'm currently talking with support through emails and hope one day soon...very soon that it'll get fixed. I guess if anyone looks at this and knows of a fix we would love to know about it.
    Ticket number 150403-001019.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    Yep its very frustrating. Hopefully we will get reimbursed champ points. Ive replied to support with a screenshot running their script yesterday so hopefully get a reply soon. If anyone else is having this issue please add to the thread.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    Been over a week now and still no response. Anyone else had a reply from a dev? VR5 with 10 champ points.....
  • Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Tamruan01b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Only that they now realize multiple people are having a problem and they are looking into it...

"I have gathered the other handful of players experiencing this now and I will be getting it investigated on the game developer side of things."

They will keep me posted on changes stuff like that.
    I enjoy the game to a level but i hate having to put out double the effort to the same result. It's killing the game for me.
    Edited by Tamruan01b14_ESO on April 15, 2015 6:07PM
  • miklawceb17_ESO
    Join the club, we are many. No answer from support. "handful".... right...
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    Maybe a "handful" that has been reported. There could be people who dont realise the "should" be getting it and just not reporting.
  • miklawceb17_ESO
    Yeah because it's not exactly well-explained ingame. There might be some explanation popping up when you first get enlightened, i wouldn't know, hasn't happened yet. So maybe some people just think that's supposed to happen because they stole a candy-bar when they were young or something. Doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist and there should be ways of checking it for them.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    All we can do is keep this thread alive to let the devs know there is a serious issue affecting the game. Lets hope they fix it soon.....
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi all,

Thank you for keeping the thread updated. We do want to assure you that this is actively being investigated and we will be sure to provide updates as they are made available. Thank you for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    Thanks @Zos_MollyH. Communication is key to not having disgruntled customers. Not sure if you can answer but will we be reimbursed the champ points we have missed out on?
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Zos_MollyH. Communication is key to not having disgruntled customers. Not sure if you can answer but will we be reimbursed the champ points we have missed out on?
    They told me no on that one, but maybe they will do it for those who stopped generating Enlightenment altogether.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    Has anyone had this issue fixed since last maintenance? I got an email saying they adjusted a few things and to run the script again but it still came back with zero.
  • miklawceb17_ESO
    No, still not fixed. Got an answer from support though, at least there's that.
  • zuorr
    zuorr
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing happens to me.

It can be checked easily if you suffer from the bug:
    Check your earned Experience and Champion Experience. If the numbers are similar you suffer from this ^^.
    For example, in my case:
    I am vet4 with 117,974 xp into vet5.
    Champion Rank 7 with 317,974 champion xp.
    Essentially the total XP and CP xp gained is the same if you never got any enlightenment bonus.

Ticket: 150417-001320
    Also got a reply that they're onto this.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    I get the feeling we wont get reimbursed all the CP's we've missed out on. Fingers crossed though!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just want to let you know that we have a fix going into Monday's patch for this issue, and you'll be able to gain Enlightenment as intended.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    I am almost VR 3 and have not received any enlightenment buff. I have 4 champ points so far. My leveling mate is VR 1 and he has 8 champ points? Anyone else have this issue? Really frustrating.....

i have an issue that i'm always enlightened since i got to vr1 ..no matter when or how much i play ,i always get the message ,and half way through vr1 i already got about 6 champion points..strange.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just want to let you know that we have a fix going into Monday's patch for this issue, and you'll be able to gain Enlightenment as intended.
    It's ridiculous that people are still losing large chunks of CPs due to crass bugs like this .. it wouldn't be acceptable if this was release day, but umpteen weeks after release it's just utterly pathetic.

Moderator note: Edited per our rules on bashing.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on April 18, 2015 7:04PM
  • zuorr
    zuorr
    Soul Shriven

I love the news, but I still feel you need to work on the retroactive compensation.
    Getting from V1 to V14 = 13,000,000 xp. In case Enlightenment bonus ain't working that means I'll get 13,000,000 / 400,000 = 130/4 = 32,5 Champion points. I dare say that with Enlightenment I could get 4 times that = even 130CP!

Well I only reached V4 (atm, probably will be V5 before patch) which is ~30CP LOST. I think it hurts fair play :neutral:.
    Certainly hope You'll not stop at the incoming fix (unless the fix will apply lost CP - which is I guess near impossible due to calculation issues and possible new bugs/exploits).
  • miklawceb17_ESO
    Let's hope that the next patch finally fixes this, but as has been said, it really feels like we should get a chunk of cp as recompense, i don't know if it's hard or whatever, just fixing the bug and calling it a day doesn't do much for all the potential cp lost during the not-so-short time this bug's been around.

Tbh calculation forit wouldn't be that hard either, for every cp on affected accounts, add 3. I don't think it's too generous given the nature of this bug in the first place. Call me entitled if you want but it'd be something :P
    Edited by miklawceb17_ESO on April 18, 2015 6:11PM
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will we get the champ points back we have missed out on because of this bug?
  • killua086
    killua086
    Soul Shriven
    It has been 9 days since ive reached veteran rank, reported it few days ago still nothing.. :( ive lost the interest to play because of this, knowing that i shouldve gotten waay more champion points

jjmez4.png
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @charriss1rwb17_ESO they wont give you cp, the same as the wont remove the cp who exploitet them in pvp.
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    @xSkullfox Well that seems unfair. So I am permanently at a disadvantage now? Well hopefully they compensate by giving us enlightenment equal to the amount of days we have been VR1. Would only be fair
  • zuorr
    zuorr
    Soul Shriven
    The patch fixing the issue is live for America region.

Can someone confirm that the issue is fixed.
    And If the "shadow" of the compensation works (12 day stacked Enlightenment buff)?
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    I can also confirm my problem has been resolved.

Thank you ZOS.