The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does the PC->PS4 Copy and Transfer expire after purchase?

Kulizma
Kulizma
✭✭✭
I don't have a PS4 but plan to purchase one in the near future. If I purchase the PC->PS4 Copy and Transfer, will I be able to use that to copy my account whenever I get a PS4? I know we have 30 days to buy it but does this code/service expire after being purchased?
CP1000 - Magicka DK
Red Lotus

Best Answer

• BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know this as well. I was considering grabbing the PS4 upgrade but do not own a PS4 yet and with vacation coming up in July and the cost of the flights, etc... I likely won't buy a PS4 until August or September. Am I still able to buy the PS4 upgrade and then transfer once I get a PS4 or do I lose out if it's not done by the launch date?

I will likely play primarily on my PC account as I love PC more but I have friends going to the PS4 version so instead of alts on the PC my main will be PC and I will play an alt on PS4 with some friends so it's not a big deal but when I saw this question asked it got me wondering the same thing.
    Edited by BloodWolfe on April 15, 2015 2:14PM
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The transfer will be done on a day determined by ZOS, your ownership of a PS4 isn't relevant to when that will be done, so if you only get one later then your characters will be there waiting; OTOH you obvipusly won't be able to play them until you get a PS4: they key thing is that ZOS initiate the transfer, not you.

Given the June release of the console version it would seem likely the 'cloning' will be done towards the end of May or early June, but that's entirely conjecture until ZOS come out with a definitive statement.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 15, 2015 2:46PM
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's what I was hoping and thinking but always nice to hear it from elsewhere as well. Thanks for the reply!
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    But as I understood you need a Playstation Network account so you can link it to your ESO account before the copy is made. So you should have that set up in the next weeks to be able to link them and all
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh ya I've had a PSN account for a long time. Not sure about the OP but for me that isn't a problem I was just curious if I had to have a physical PS4 in time for it or not to take advantage of it. Didn't think so but you never know lol.
  • everyer
    everyer
    I've bought the console and I'm not sure if ZOS decide to start copy account, will there be an email to let us provide our PSN account?
  • Kulizma
    Kulizma
    ✭✭✭
    I have always owned an xbox so I do not have a PSN account. I just made one on the sony website. Do i need to have it linked to a system in order for this transfer to happen because i wont actually have something to link it to until I get my PS4
    CP1000 - Magicka DK
    Red Lotus
  • everyer
    everyer
    Zyzzveli wrote: »
    I have always owned an xbox so I do not have a PSN account. I just made one on the sony website. Do i need to have it linked to a system in order for this transfer to happen because i wont actually have something to link it to until I get my PS4

Actually you can buy games and submit digital download code on the web PS store before you get your PS4 and set the account as the default account on the machine.