The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

@ZOS - one question on Boneshield

Lhorion
Lhorion
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you know that this skill dös not work?

Tooltip and UI tell you that there is a damage shield.
But there is not!

I know there are a few threads about it, but they are ignored.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a self damage shield, but it is bugged and only absorbs a small percentage of damage taken. Does any morph of this skill actually provide any real protection?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yes, we are aware, and it will likely be fixed on Monday with patch 2.0.6.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally an answer, thx a lot!

Yes there is some little protection, but not a damage shield for the caster. It seems to be a liiiiiittle armour buff that decreases the damage by ca. 10.
  • kokoandshinb14a_ESO
    Why is there a patch every week?

This the 1st mmo ive played where there is regular downtime for patches every single week.

Personally i dont like it.

For me in NA that my prime playing time before i head out to work.

u keep patching, but everytime u patch u create another problem.

Patch once per month and leave it alone.

That when when u do patch, you have a month to get it right.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoW has downtimes every week too. Even without patches.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EVE has downtimes everyday for 30 mins. Downtimes are gud, healthy for game (if done right ;) )
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh speaking of undaunted skills.... What in oblivion happens if you use inner beast on a enemy player? like sure they'll take that damage but what about what its really used for with taunts.... Do players attack you or what..... does it break the space time and force a man in a blue box to save us?
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh speaking of undaunted skills.... What in oblivion happens if you use inner beast on a enemy player? like sure they'll take that damage but what about what its really used for with taunts.... Do players attack you or what..... does it break the space time and force a man in a blue box to save us?

If you do it right you get a big damage shield. If you do it wrong, nothing happens.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Undaunted+Bastion+Set
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • ViolenceUndone
    Why is there a patch every week?

This the 1st mmo ive played where there is regular downtime for patches every single week.

Personally i dont like it.

For me in NA that my prime playing time before i head out to work.

u keep patching, but everytime u patch u create another problem.

Patch once per month and leave it alone.

That when when u do patch, you have a month to get it right.

It means the devs are actually actively addressing issues like this one instead of letting them sit there for months to get dumped into one giant patch, which would still cause issues. From a programmer's perspective, it's much easier to test changes in smaller batches and I prefer it in my own work as well. One of my characters was broken after 2.0 hit (main story would never start) and they fixed it in a couple weeks, instead of leaving it broken for months.

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised the patch notes begging has not begun yet. Here's hoping for some funny memes today.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    I can not wait for this thing to hit. I still need to run like 11 dungeons for enough undaunted exp to go from 3 to 4 but when i get it my shield should be like 10.8k in cyrodil and 12k outside of it.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

If you do it right you get a big damage shield. If you do it wrong, nothing happens.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Undaunted+Bastion+Set

That explains alot about the shield stacking problem. :/