Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Orienteering Challenge – Day 1 – Auridon

ZOS_KaiSchober
Greetings Explorers!
Get your maps ready and summon your fastest horse! Here are today’s clues:
  • A cave full off hissing overlooks the sea
  • Head down to the wreckage and head towards the bridge to the abandoned fisher’s fire
  • Spot the white tiles where you head up the hill to the water below the ruin
  • Keep your feet wet upstream, under a bridge, to anther fisher’s catch
  • The rack points through a ravine. Keep the cliffs to your left until you reach two separate rocks
  • Pass through them towards rock and tree and a ragged canopy
  • Where a single block leads you across the path to a lonely blue torch. /Cheer as you have found your destination!
As soon as you find the final landmark, post a screenshot of your character performing the required emote in front of it in this thread to gain honor and the chance to win a Bristlegut Pig.

Good luck and safe travels!

GERMAN

ESO-Orientierungslauf-Herausforderungen – Tag 1 – Auridon

Grüße Erkunder!
Haltet eure Karten bereit und füttert euer schnellstes Pferd, denn hier sind die Hinweise für die heutige Suche:
  • Eine Höhle voller Gezische thront über dem Meer.
  • Steigt zu den Wracks hinab und haltet auf die Brücke zu, was euch zu dem verlassenen Feuer eines Fischers führt.
  • Erspäht die weißen Platten und folgt dem Berg hinauf zum Wasser unter der Ruine.
  • Haltet eure Füße feucht, während ihr euch stromaufwärts unter einer Brücke zu einem weiterem Fischfang bewegt.
  • Das Gestell weist den Weg zu einer Schlucht. Behaltet das Klippen zur Linken, um zwei getrennte Felsen zu finden.
  • Lauft durch sie hindurch zu Fels, Baum und einer alten Überdachung.
  • Dort weist euch ein einzelner Block über den Pfad zu einer einsamen blauen Fackel. Nun ist Zeit zu jubeln (/cheer), denn ihr habt euer Ziel errreicht!
Sobald ihr den Zielort erreicht habt, erstellt einen Screenshot mit eurem Charakter, während dieser das jeweilig benötigte Emote verwendet. Postet diesen dann in diesem Thread, um euch zu selbst ehren und euch die Chance auf ein kleines Borstenschweinchen zu verschaffen.

Viel Glück und gute Reise!

FRENCH

Défis d’orientation ESO – Jour 1 – Auridia

Salutations, exploreurs et exploratrices !
Attrapez vos cartes et appelez votre cheval le plus rapide ! Voici les indices du jour :
  • Une grotte remplie de sifflements surplombe la mer
  • Dirigez-vous vers l’épave puis vers le pont donnant sur le feu du pêcheur abandonné
  • Repérez les carreaux blancs où vous grimpez la colline vers l’eau sous les ruines
  • Gardez les pieds mouillés à contre-courant, sous un pont, vers la prise du pêcheur
  • Le séchoir pointe vers au delà d’une ravine. Gardez les falaises à votre gauche jusqu’à atteindre deux rochers dressés.
  • Passez entre eux vers arbre et rocher jusqu’à un auvent rapiécé
  • Où un bloc esseulé vous mène par-delà le sentier à une torche bleue solitaire. Réjouissez-vous (/Cheer) car vous êtes arrivé(e) à destination.
Dès que vous trouvez le dernier point de repère, postez une capture d’écran de votre personnage effectuant l’emote requis devant lui dans ce fil de discussion, pour une chance de remporter le Porcelet Poilcouenne.

Bonne chance et bon vent !

Kai Schober
Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
Staff Post
  • Moliarem
    Moliarem
    uehm
  • Balthors
    Balthors
    ✭✭✭✭
    Post to delete
    Edited by Balthors on January 31, 2017 9:52PM
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    Mysticals wrote: »
    I'm sure this is not this lonely blue torch, but I already have the Bristlegut Pig so if i fail, it's not important. ;)

You are right ... it is not the right destination. :)

Kai Schober
    Staff Post
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did I get it?

See pic below
    Edited by driosketch on April 17, 2015 2:03AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Balthors
    Balthors
    ✭✭✭✭
    Post to delete
    Edited by Balthors on January 31, 2017 9:52PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Better pic.

DwWpFlV.jpg
  • gclifton58ub17_ESO
    gclifton58ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I found the same torch.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me too

by9rsYY.jpg

edit: changed ss to one without minimap
    Edited by ixie on April 17, 2015 2:53AM
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    Congratulations, driosketch. :smile: We'll send you send your Bristlegut Pig tomorrow.

Good work gclifton58ub17_ESO and tribbsb16_ESO.
    Kai Schober
    Staff Post
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congratulations, driosketch. :smile: We'll send you send your Bristlegut Pig tomorrow.

Good work gclifton58ub17_ESO and tribbsb16_ESO.
    Awesome
  • gclifton58ub17_ESO
    gclifton58ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Grats to driosketch. :smiley:

@ESO : You may want to edit the times in the post to reflect that it is actually EDT that you are posting the instructions.
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭
    Aaahhh fuzzybunny... too late.
    Edited by Dedhed on April 17, 2015 4:19AM
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to join the orienteering challenges, and any other Welcome Back event, but I read that because my country (Denmark, EU) is not listed in the Terms and Conditions, I am not eligible to win anything!!?

Bummer..... :neutral:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    All participants must be 18 or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification, and a legal resident of [..] (ii) the member countries of the European Union to enter [..].

You are eligible to participate and even to win. :)
    Kai Schober
    Staff Post
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All participants must be 18 or older at the time of entry, must possess a valid form of identification, and a legal resident of [..] (ii) the member countries of the European Union to enter [..].

Really? That sounds great :smiley:
    I guess I misread the Terms and Conditions, I wish it were made more clear :tongue:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »

Really? That sounds great :smiley:
    I guess I misread the Terms and Conditions, I wish it were made more clear :tongue:
    Denmark citizens aren't eligible for the weekend giveaway (very few countries are), but evidently the orienteering challenge has its own rules.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grtz @driosketch . Now.. for those of us who are wimps and didnt get it.. who gets to do the tutorial version....with
    Telling us how you got there...
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Cromithus
    Cromithus
    Soul Shriven
    Is it to late to post the screenshot?
    Edited by Cromithus on April 17, 2015 4:24PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Darlgon Here's my guide. Part 1:

A cave full off hissing overlooks the sea
    Start at the Nestmother's Den. It a cave full of giant snakes with a with a snake world boss. The cave is open at both ends, one leading to the beach.
    fe1b119f98a6fdb38fbb61db2e89e7.png

Head down to the wreckage and head towards the bridge to the abandoned fisher’s fire
    On the beach side is a wrecked boat. Down the beach is a fishing site with a camp fire near the bridge.
    e015415aa4bb38b8f93c2588334fb8.png

Spot the white tiles where you head up the hill to the water below the ruin
    Across the water are some stone tiles from the ruins, you want to go up the hill to the river above the waterfall.
    23d69f86cb3e44f69d8f4a71cb87b6.png
    5ac560ab74cd1693a6525a2d01015d.png
    Edited by driosketch on April 17, 2015 4:49PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Part 2,
    I went the wrong way at first, all the way to the ghost ship far down the beach. So hears a map of where you should be at this point.
    33e3ee937822cb85174bf367dac034.png

Keep your feet wet upstream, under a bridge, to anther fisher’s catch
    You're going to follow the river above to the very end till you find this bridge. Swim
    directly under the middle arch and that will lead you to the next fisher's site. (typo, that should be "another" in the clue.) 6cd10d0eb495baae620a62f2004c37.png

The rack points through a ravine. Keep the cliffs to your left until you reach two separate rocks
    Follow counter clockwise around the cliff until to reach these rocks.
    4769221025239c92fd40f4a234b090.png
    9afed4d5077c8962de009656c79e70.png
  • Aro_Wynd_North
    DELETE
    Edited by Aro_Wynd_North on September 13, 2023 10:40AM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Part 3, final

Pass through them towards rock and tree and a ragged canopy
    You can see the campsite between the rocks with a patched canopy.
    074b03c6109cf471be5736aebd2abb.png

Where a single block leads you across the path to a lonely blue torch. /Cheer as you have found your destination!
    This block is angled so it seems to point across the road where you find the blue torch.
    c97f57687d34306489fa4f38a73f07.png
    ed9982a11f2701830d1c61b5d49fe8.png

There you go. Hope this helps those of you trying to figure out the way the clues work. Good luck to the next challengers.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @driosketch . Sigh.. finally found this one, thanks to your detailed writeup.

5lqfrfrk1er6.jpg

I guess I just cant wrap my head around Kai's directions. Its almost like he is speaking German, which I dont know. :open_mouth:
    Edited by Darlgon on April 17, 2015 8:13PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Deadfinger6
    Deadfinger6
    ✭✭✭
    Ha love it, great idea. P.s has anyone walked across the map in one go? Looking for a bit of fame?