The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Red circles for oil are gone after patch

Weng
Weng
✭✭✭
After the last hot patch I don't see any red circles when oil comes down.
Actually oil is only occasionally displayed on the screen, most of the time it is invisible at all.

And now the typically hilarious group on EU thornblade is going mad with oils everywhere in keeps.

At least you can see them in the death screen again and watch where they land.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We'll check into this, thank you! Is this just oil pots or other siege?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We'll check into this, thank you! Is this just oil pots or other siege?

I've only noticed this with oil pots.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only oil pots. Shame though, its been fun, can really separate the players who take note of their surroundings constantly and the ones that don't now, I honestly like the change.
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'd think the devs would have noticed this on their own if they had someone in Cyrodiil. This has been an issue since 1.6, which is why I'm pretty sure the majority of PvP'ers just assumed it was a big change.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    You'd think the devs would have noticed this on their own if they had someone in Cyrodiil. This has been an issue since 1.6, which is why I'm pretty sure the majority of PvP'ers just assumed it was a big change.
    Not for patch releases because they move fast and are scrutinized less. Fragile code is more likely or maybe just an honest mistake, but that doesn't fit the pattern. In other words, change one thing and then an unexpected domino of things happen. It's more difficult to manage fragile code and therefore more costly. If the money isn't invested to proactively offset the fragile code then users feel the pain initially. And then companies spend the extra money reacting to the issues. It's a vicious cycle and contrary to what most think, difficult to do this type of work well. Doesn't mean we should expect anything different though.

• glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    And conversely, it's probably been reported, just not enough for ZOS to upwardly prioritize the defect :neutral:

Cyrodiil bugs don't get reported on enough, and that is because players are in the heat of battle. That is why death recap is a good time for the player to report a bug, exploit, or ask for a nerf, but not necessarily with the best awareness or memory of what the problem really is.

Until prioritized, a bug won't get development attention, and it works like this in every company that writes software.
    When there is a bug, any bug no matter how heinous, it needs to be reported by hundreds of players for ZOS to put a priority on it. They are super busy with the console release. However, if a community manager sees a thread like this, that does the trick, too.
  • Weng
    Weng
    ✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    It's only oil pots. Shame though, its been fun, can really separate the players who take note of their surroundings constantly and the ones that don't now, I honestly like the change.

Well, but standing in a ram you hardly see these trickling, black drips of oil. The oil is burning in the pot, so shouldn't there be a burning pillar and smoke and burning oil all over the ground when it is poured down?

But what you see through all the effects is just a small black cloud or nothing at all.