The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

did the game just crash?

neueregel
neueregel
✭✭✭
I was in craglorn and my player just logged out all of a sudden. I cant log him back in or any other player on my account. I quit the game, logged back in and the same thing...
Are you not entertained?
On my command, unleash hell!
What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Four times, in fact.

At least they didn't push the patch out too soon, and that's what's important.

Un-****ing believable.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Morticide828
    Morticide828
    ✭✭✭
    We were having a 'debate' in guild about how it was too soon, and it wasn't ready.

I jokingly pointed out that ZOS wouldn't release a patch that was half done, buggy, or otherwise not ready.

Wrong, once again :grin:

Luckily for me, I'm downloading the 9971mb left at 177kbps, so hopefully there'll be a hotfix by the time I'm finished work (8am EST)
    Morticide Baen'ath - Dragonknight ●

● The Eight Divines ●

● NA ● AD ● DUNMER ●
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate it, but joining your party. Repeatedly booted to the character screen. Worse, I just learned two new recipes and don't know if I lost them :(
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We were having a 'debate' in guild about how it was too soon, and it wasn't ready.

I jokingly pointed out that ZOS wouldn't release a patch that was half done, buggy, or otherwise not ready.

Wrong, once again :grin:
    @Morticide828 , I can save you from this bar bet on a technicaility.

They released a patch that was half done, buggy, and not ready.

I'll take a beer or a shot of your choosing. ;)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a list of differences between 1.6.4 and 1.6.5? Seems like the 1.6.5 notes are everything between 1.5.8 and 1.6.5?
  • Morticide828
    Morticide828
    ✭✭✭
    They released a patch that was half done, buggy, and not ready.

I'll take a beer or a shot of your choosing. ;)

Bahaha!

I'll recommend a Chimay blue cap then - Trappist beer that'll sooth even the most severe woes
    Morticide Baen'ath - Dragonknight ●

● The Eight Divines ●

● NA ● AD ● DUNMER ●
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a list of differences between 1.6.4 and 1.6.5? Seems like the 1.6.5 notes are everything between 1.5.8 and 1.6.5?
    1.6.5 Live is the consolidation of 1.6 - 1.6.4 moved to live server, plus a few other fixes here or there.

You can painfully try to recreate by looking under PTS at the 1.6 patch notes on, but they were likely copy/pasted anyway.

Don't count on WYSIWYG.

Earn it.

• Rebeccas04nub18_ESO
    Uh-oh. This doesn't sound good. I'm not near downloaded yet so it's good to hear what's happening in Tamriel. (Or not)
    Wicked Felina/ Khajiit NB DC
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    neueregel wrote: »
    I was in craglorn and my player just logged out all of a sudden. I cant log him back in or any other player on my account. I quit the game, logged back in and the same thing...
    Thanks for the heads up! We'll take a look now.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really weird. I've been in game on the same char since the server came up. Is everyone having trouble in Craglorn? Maybe its just that zone for some reason.
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on March 4, 2015 2:02AM
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to log on finally, but I was rolled back. I then went and created an enchantment and added it to my waste item... it crashed me out of the game again... I cannot log back in yet again.
    Are you not entertained?
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I now was able to log on, but the glyphs I made were not present, and the mats I had used where not recupped. I lost two Kuta and Kura in the process...
    Are you not entertained?
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've crashed 2 times this evening since the patch went live. I've been taking a break the past 2 hours though.
  • AureateRN
    AureateRN
    ✭✭✭
    I almost never do anything of major importance using anything valuable until a few days after a major patch/update because there are always issues like this, and sometimes the fixes are worse than the original problems for a while.

Customer service is super good though. My guess is they'll reimburse you if you care enough about it, at least one time.

PS.. However, why would you make that bet??? ZOS laid off soooo many of their developers.
    Edited by AureateRN on March 4, 2015 2:35AM

"...people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed."
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche~

• Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Four times, in fact.

At least they didn't push the patch out too soon, and that's what's important.

Un-****ing believable.

They needed us console beta testers to check it all for them before the real launch date.

FTs1InQ.jpg
    Edited by Troneon on March 4, 2015 3:18AM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    Ever since patch i am crashing all over the place, doesn't matter where i am it seems. I was before patch every now and then crashing in pvp zones only

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • seanvwolf
    seanvwolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might just be server loads. With everyone excited to preview 1.6 on live they are all logging in after downloading. Most people don't play on the same days or times as everyone else, but when a big update like this, it's clear why the server would be rolling back.
  • tinyt
    tinyt
    ✭✭
    Fantastic job with the patch really ZoS. You really expect us to keep playing your broken business model. When over and over again you keep screwing up just about every patch you push out ? You claimed you listened to players who the Roleplayers, the people that have no idea how the mechanics of the game work or care to even try to understand. Your overall lack of common sense is completely outlandish. This is how you lose all your high end gamers . But not to worry we will be replaced right, by gold selling spam bots . :) Crashed to desktop 6 times so far. I've only been on for a total of an hour since the patch released. Tired of beta testing for consoles . You do realize with your current business model and the way the game is currently and is going to be after Unlimited is released . Your basically working with a failed business model. No one currently playing or previously played ever asked for B2P or P2W. Your Game Director is a liar along with the rest of the staff. Congratz on your biggest failure to date.
    Pre nerf/Point System Purple 27m SO world record holders/NA first HM SO Clear

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of army of sheep led by a lion."
    "Arguing with people on forums Is like playing chess with a pigeon , .. No matter how good you are , the bird is going to sh*t on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg patch day has issues, this is unheard of in ALL of MMO existence!!!!!
  • tinyt
    tinyt
    ✭✭
    It's not about patch day issues. It's about them pushing a system that is not even close to being ready. They did it with the game last year after all the beta testers told them not too. They did it again here. Every patch they have released since the beginning of the game has caused more issues then it fixed. Or havent you been around long enough to actually remember ? It's one mistake made over and over again. I for one am tired of it . And if you read across the boards most ppl are aswell . Other then the ppl looking for self promotion from ZoS themselves ie Deltia and quite a few others. Why do you think this community came to the point of collapse . This is why they are making it B2P with an item mall . fast cash revenue system . same system used by thousands of korean based mmos that flop after a year or two . Even if they were good games to begin with. Swtor did the same thing. And the game is dying out just as fast as here.
    Pre nerf/Point System Purple 27m SO world record holders/NA first HM SO Clear

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of army of sheep led by a lion."
    "Arguing with people on forums Is like playing chess with a pigeon , .. No matter how good you are , the bird is going to sh*t on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
  • Ungodlyomenb14_ESO
    Im not afriad.
  • mega_trwb17_ESO
    mega_trwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Crashing crashing lots of crashing try different things crash, jump on my horse crash, walk down the road crash, have a chat to an NPC crash. Seriously not happy at the moment.
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    Crashing crashing lots of crashing try different things crash, jump on my horse crash, walk down the road crash, have a chat to an NPC crash. Seriously not happy at the moment.

not as bad but really close :)

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I crashed twice as well tonight, and the game also caused my PC to actually crash on the third one. Sent a Microsoft report in, so something weird is going on.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My client crashes at least every 20 minutes. Somtimes it lasts an hour, but so far it's always crashed when playing.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In approx 6 hours of play I crashed/ disconnected to character screen 3 times.

Once in Craglorn turning in writ surveys - upon relog found i was rolled back about 5 min so had to turn in writs again with loss of 1 gold mat net. However it could have gone the other way with rng (got more good mats on 2nd re-try) so I chalked this up to server stress given how many ppl were in crag and kept happily playing.

However, later I was disconnected twice and rolled back 5-10 min each time when in cold harbour and near as I could tell the zone was nearly deserted - so it doesn't seem to be zone population but maybe overall server stress or other patch issue.