The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Terrible bug: Alliance symbols are invisible

Dracane
Dracane
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The Alliance symbols above the head of enemies in pvp are invisible and there is no way to bring them back. This bug is really terrible for me, as this marker is the only thing, that allows me to even see and follow an enemy in a fight, especially at night.

Is this a bug, or intended ?
Auri-El is my lord,
Trinimac is my shield,
Magnus is my mind.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So they changed nameplates to beige with no alliance colours, and they made Alliance symbols invisible?

So much immershunz.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and you dont see any hp bars :neutral_face:
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iyas wrote: »
    and you dont see any hp bars :neutral_face:

Yep, no health bars.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds like a bug that was on live for several updates. The alliance war faction indicator would disappear. I haven't seen it happen in months. But what the OP described sounds similar.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very annoying bug.

I also keep rubber banding if I move while going through my skills/inventory/settings
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and all sound cuts out after playing 20-30 minutes requiring a restart of the game to get sound back
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    and all sound cuts out after playing 20-30 minutes requiring a restart of the game to get sound back

I only had that issue once despite plying for several hours.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Minsc
    Minsc
    ✭✭✭
    Confirming that no healthbars are visible in both PVE and PvP lands. Relogging does not fix this or also changing settings
    Edited by Minsc on February 18, 2015 10:32AM
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they are working on nameplates, and are about to release it. This could explain the reason why we have this bug.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is nothing to see on other (or own) players or NPCs heads, no health bars, no alliance symbols, no group or rez indicators.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    There is nothing to see on other (or own) players or NPCs heads, no health bars, no alliance symbols, no group or rez indicators.
    First of all it very hard to play without indicators, but on other hand:
    it is fun when you see someone far from you and can't indicate - is it enemy or ally.
    kw1wv4shxc99.jpg
    It is easier to run inside enemy groups without being noticed now :*i2i55zyu4znr.jpg

Edited by Cinbri on February 19, 2015 10:47AM
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was anyone able to fix this? I'm getting this on live now.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    McDoogs wrote: »

Could you elaborate, @McDoogs? There are a few issues from the PTS being discussed in this thread. What are you seeing on the live server?

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Minack
    Minack
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue. No enemy alliance indicators.

Edit: Disabled all addons and it appears to be working now. Man, I wish ZOS would make a competent UI so I didn't have to depend on a third party.
    Edited by Minack on March 4, 2015 1:36AM
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Same issue, also disabled all addons, no dice.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Storm1732
    Storm1732
    ✭✭
    I am experiencing this as well as some guild mates. I think it started after I died and rezzed in cyrodiil. I can't see any enemy's indicators so it looks like everyone's a friend until they kill me. Also I can't even see group indicators such as the group leader's crown or the carrot points from group members. I tried re-logging, quitting the game then logging back in, and switching characters. None of these options have worked for me. This is basically game-breaking for me because it makes pvp so difficult and impossible to stay within my group. I really enjoy this game and hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »

Could you elaborate, @McDoogs? There are a few issues from the PTS being discussed in this thread. What are you seeing on the live server?

I am not seeing ANY overhead indicators, including alliance, group, health bars, etc. :(. Throwing me for a loop given that I always have them on :p!
    Maybe they are working on nameplates, and are about to release it. This could explain the reason why we have this bug.

That would be good!
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on March 4, 2015 5:12AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PTS bug won't die.
    PC EU
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday while playing in cyrodiil I got stuck in a loading screen. Restarted the game and since then, I cant see the indicators over the top of character : alliance indicators, groups/crowns and health bars.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a repair on launcher. It fixed it
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and now the problem is back... am I going to have to run repair everytime?
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone's nameplate has become a sort of beige, including the alliance rank symbol that usually has a faction specific color. I remember seeing this on the PTS. Without the previous colors it's a bit difficult to differentiate people's alliance affiliation.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here since 1.6.5, after spending hours to check all settings, after turning off all addons, STILL no health bars / enemy indicators at all.

I can't play PvP with this bug (I'm just mentioning this one alone)

/edit problem solved after relogging in, still don't like it
    Edited by Francescolg on March 4, 2015 7:29PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me on Thornblade last night after being fine for the first hour or two of PvP.

I will say that this bug is an *old* one. I experienced it back in the original first campaign several times as well as many times thereafter, and it is usually caused by a zerg in a particular area. Sometimes leaving that general area will correct the issue, sometimes relogging does, but sometimes you have to leave the campaign as it appears to happen to everyone on a particular alliance only on a single campaign when it does happen.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Nonamesbutmineub17_ESO
    I had the same problem yesterday. I was able to get it working by enabling all alliance indicators in the interface options and then restarting the game. It won't work if I just enable enemy indicator though.
  • Mizar70
    Mizar70
    Soul Shriven
    today i was in cyrodill and during pvp activity all overheads (friendly and enemy/npc) disappeared making impossible to continue.
    I have do 1) reload ui 2) soft log (logout/login) 3)quit and restart the game 4) prayed Daedric prince but noting happen.
    There should be a way to fix it ... i love play pvp very very much but with this issue i cannot do nothing.
    Please fix it
    Edited by Mizar70 on March 5, 2015 9:48PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    settings -> game world -> healthbars are sometime mirically disabled when entering cyrodiil eventhough you set them otherwise.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is why we asked for a 2nd pvp test. Cyro is worse from this patch yet again :(

Can we get some comment on when its likely to be fixed. Also are you aware of the worse lag since the patch and actively working on it or can nothing be done?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • nuclear808
    same for me...
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    settings -> game world -> healthbars are sometime mirically disabled when entering cyrodiil eventhough you set them otherwise.

This bug is also happening in PvE for me. Today I had a character remain in Coldharbor for a couple of hours. When my character traveled from one Coldharbor wayshrine to another the healthbar would toggle off even though I had set all of them on. I went to settings and toggled healthbars back on. Then I began a Coldharbor quest which made me enter a door and the healthbars toggled themselves off again.

It seems like simply using wayshrines in the same area and using doors within instances is enough to toggle all healthbar indicators off.

Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...