The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GUILD UI BUG. Can't edit roster notes.

Alphashado
Alphashado
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
We are getting this error message when we attempt to edit roster notes on the guild UI:
33aqlau.png

This is very disruptive to the process we use while recruiting. Hopefully this issue gets some attention :)
  •  pvpaddict42
    pvpaddict42
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed. Apparently you can create new guild notes for people that don't already have them, but if you hit the Save button after editing an existing note, you get the error listed above.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for reporting this. Are you two able to confirm if you have any out-of-date addons running or not (just to rule that out.)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for reporting this. Are you two able to confirm if you have any out-of-date addons running or not (just to rule that out.)

Doesn't seem to matter. That was the first question I asked while we were discussing the issue in officer's chat, and some had addons running, and some had them all disabled, while everyone was getting the same error regardless. And thank you for the response.

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks, @Alphashado. We've escalated this for investigation.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks, @Alphashado. We've escalated this for investigation.

Great :)

• Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am in the same guild as Alphashado and I have the exact same problem. I do not have any addons enabled right now either. I submitted a bug report in game, but I thought I should add to this thread as well.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    Just to hammer it down a bit more, I have the exact same error window when trying to edit my guild note. Disabling my addons was the second thing I did, and resetting all my Controls to default was the first, but I still get the exact same error.

EDIT : if you want to modify it, you can still delete your note first, save, then write it again with your modification, and save. And now it will work. To help in the process, ctrl + A then ctrl + X to both delete and save your previous note. Then create a new note and ctrl + V, then modify it (obvious but it might help some)
    Edited by Arezius on March 5, 2015 12:36PM
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To further prove this is an issue: I too have the problem, I lead a completely different guild on the NA server called Fire and Ice. I have been asking around, but haven't figured out if other people have the same issue. I do have out of date addons running, but the error message didn't seem to imply that it was an addon at fault since it refers to "EsoUI".

EDIT: I have asked my officers and they report the same issue. UI error blocking them from editing, but they can create new notes.
    Edited by Saturn on March 5, 2015 3:06PM
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just letting you all know that we're working on fixing this, but in the meantime you can try right-clicking the player's name and clicking "Edit Note."
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just letting you all know that we're working on fixing this, but in the meantime you can try right-clicking the player's name and clicking "Edit Note."

Thank you Gina, this does work by right clicking the name. Many thanks! :)
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.