The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Justice System is SO much better than I was expecting it to be

Kalfis
Kalfis
✭✭✭✭
I was expecting the Justice System to be small and out of the way. Thinking you could only kill a few NPCs.

But I'm so glad I was wrong.

You can kill A LOT of NPCs. You can pickpocket A LOT of NPCs. You can break into A LOT of houses.

I've never had so much fun in ESO. Thank you ZOE for this amazing patch.
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, and they also added ALOT of items for you to steal. I think over 1,000. It's a lot of fun, and I love seeing people flee from the guards lol.
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    I'm envious of you being able to see how 1.6 is...500kb download is depressing, specially since I have to work in few hours. But at least Ill be browsing youtube for some streams.
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • lichmeister
    lichmeister
    ✭✭✭
    i am sooo looking forward to it :) i got a taste for one day on pts but my characters disappeared by the next day so it was a real tease!
    looking forward to seeing all the new lewt and hearing all the rankled citizens and guards. i heard there is a great variety on both fronts. >:)
    2Gigs left to DL and counting... :|
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does it feel after a week? Let us know if you're bored. ;)
  • karmamule
    karmamule
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, and they also added ALOT of items for you to steal. I think over 1,000. It's a lot of fun, and I love seeing people flee from the guards lol.

When I took a peek on PTS that's one of the first things I noticed: someone sneaking around trying to pickpocket, NPC notices, starts screaming at them, mayhem ensues. Great fun!
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalfis wrote: »
    I was expecting the Justice System to be small and out of the way. Thinking you could only kill a few NPCs.

But I'm so glad I was wrong.

You can kill A LOT of NPCs. You can pickpocket A LOT of NPCs. You can break into A LOT of houses.

I've never had so much fun in ESO. Thank you ZOE for this amazing patch.

I'm pretty sure everyone is going to do it, at least at first for the achievements and leveling the legerdemain lines.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karmamule wrote: »

When I took a peek on PTS that's one of the first things I noticed: someone sneaking around trying to pickpocket, NPC notices, starts screaming at them, mayhem ensues. Great fun!

meh.
    I'm really not interested in playing a game where 'everything' I touch <that isn't in the wild> has to be stolen....
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • mrvbalc
    mrvbalc
    ✭✭✭
    its fun to watch someone trying to steal something and get caught and kill that NPC out of frustration and guards chasing them, oh cant wait for all of this.
    In case if you wonder whether i will be doing crimes (i have stolen enough items to put me in jail until Dragonborn comes after 1000 years >:) )
    967qe6gfe8s7.png
    Balc
    As always Dragon of the Dominion
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far, @Kalfis! :relaxed:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do provisioning items work? Just steal them without getting caught and you can go cook them? Or do you have to launder them via a fence first and can only launder a few a day? Are the items to steal first come, first serve? So if player X steals a valuable provisioning ingredient, it disappears and no one else can steal it? Does it ever reset/respawn?
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I killed a bard in Wayrest, only got a 75g bounty for it.

Bard's are not valued citizens in the Daggerfall Covenant.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nor should they be, silence is golden.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    This patch sounds wonderful. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow and in the meantime i'll watch some American streamers on Twitch :smile:
    Edited by Brunlea on March 3, 2015 10:35PM
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds great although pvp is not part of the feature. Any ETA on when we will make justice ourselves @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on March 3, 2015 10:40PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    How do provisioning items work? Just steal them without getting caught and you can go cook them? Or do you have to launder them via a fence first and can only launder a few a day? Are the items to steal first come, first serve? So if player X steals a valuable provisioning ingredient, it disappears and no one else can steal it? Does it ever reset/respawn?

not sure about stolen ingredients yet but you can still easly get non stolen ingrients outside of towns or from enemy hideouts
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    It sounds great although pvp is not part of the feature. Any ETA on when we will make justice ourselves @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

When they can figure out how to keep it from turning into a non-stop 24/7 grief fest.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uh oh. Sounds like He-Who-Tippy-Toes is about to get into some trouble...
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am dissapointed in not heaving a thief hunter option straight away.
    I dont want to steal but current system actually gives you little option.
    Still will try not to be a filthy peasant thief while waiting for second side of justice system.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

meh.
    I'm really not interested in playing a game where 'everything' I touch <that isn't in the wild> has to be stolen....

Which reflects the real world. Which may not be a fair thing to say about a game. But a game where there are merchants and ways (now) to obtain stuff without stealing. Just... don't steal. It's not a hard concept.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not liking that one mis-activated heal can trigger a bounty on you if the person you healed has a bounty....
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • LukewarmSoda
    Why would any citizen want to break the law of this mighty land of Tamriel? >:) > o:)
    Were it so easy, who would want it?
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try mimes.

It seems everybody wants them dead. :p
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This update as a whole has been great, I can see why it took so long now.
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was foolering around on PTS, I was really impressed by the text for each of the stolen items I found! Sometimes the summary was extremely specific, and other times it was kind of a vague surface level descriptor, like something that a medium level antiques appraiser would be able to tell you from eyeballing an unfamiliar (and not especially valuable) piece. I love little details like that!
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

meh.

If it makes you feel any better ... the dungeons I tried have unowned loot in containers. I found unowned crates and bags on the balconies of some of the buildings.

Not liking that one mis-activated heal can trigger a bounty on you if the person you healed has a bounty....
    Damn! I really thought I remember reading a mod post that said they were going to fix that before release. Must have been wishful thinking.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • GoofyGoober88
    GoofyGoober88
    Soul Shriven
    Now if only my NB could smuggle Skooma! That would make it perfect.
    Edited by GoofyGoober88 on March 4, 2015 12:05AM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The justice system is basically the only thing I did on the PTS at all... I intended to do other stuff, but I didn't really spend that much time on PTS, and the entire time it just seemed like going around stealing and running away from guards was the best idea.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    I think an event should be organised amongst ourselves where we band into Zergs and run rampant killing everything in the major citys.
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhh I can't wait to collect bounties on players when they release the PvP aspect
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe this is a reason to stop spamming heals in Banks, etc.?

You know that you don't get ultimate from this anymore, right?