The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1.6 Sap Essence - Patch Notes

Lionxoft
Lionxoft
✭✭✭✭✭
I think you meant to say "Fixed an issue where this ability was not healing at all when targeting more enemies than the AOE cap supports"...

I mean how was this missed at all? Forum posts and bug reports all reporting the bug.
  • Sap Essence (morph): This ability now grants you the Major Spell Power buff. Fixed an issue where this ability was healing for more than intended when hitting multiple targets.

Just for clarity... Once you attack more than (X) amount of enemies with sap essence it doesn't heal you at all. ZERO healing. That's like casting healing springs on your allies but no one being healed at all because the AOE cap decided it was too many targets. The ability should still heal up to the amount of enemies affected while complying with the conditions of the AOE cap. For it to not heal at all has to be a bug or terrible design.

Please, I urge you... PLEASE start playing your game ZOS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @Lionxoft - Just confirmed with Eric (Wrobel) that the issue you called out is fixed for 1.6.5. As it was a bug that only appeared on the PTS and not on live, it's not in the 1.6.5 patch notes. To give a little more background, we identified an issue on PTS where several abilities were not functioning correctly when hitting over 6 targets. These should all be resolved for 1.6.5 -- let us know if you have any issues.

Specifically for Sap Essence and its morphs, they now correctly heal you when you hit more than six targets.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lionxoft - Just confirmed with Eric (Wrobel) that the issue you called out is fixed for 1.6.5. As it was a bug that only appeared on the PTS and not on live, it's not in the 1.6.5 patch notes. To give a little more background, we identified an issue on PTS where several abilities were not functioning correctly when hitting over 6 targets. These should all be resolved for 1.6.5 -- let us know if you have any issues.

Specifically for Sap Essence and its morphs, they now correctly heal you when you hit more than six targets.

Great news. Thank you.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey there @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ,

I finally got a chance to check this on live server and it is not fixed as you and/or Eric Wrobel had stated it is.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    I finally got a chance to check this on live server and it is not fixed as you and/or Eric Wrobel had stated it is.

Hmm, it should be. Could you elaborate on exactly what you're experiencing? Is it absolutely no healing if you hit more than six targets with Sap Essence? Is it one of the morphs? Any specifics you could provide would help.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey there @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ,

:))))))))))))))))
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, it should be. Could you elaborate on exactly what you're experiencing? Is it absolutely no healing if you hit more than six targets with Sap Essence? Is it one of the morphs? Any specifics you could provide would help.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Walk into any group of trash mobs where there are more than the aoe cap and it won't heal at all. I went into Sanctum Ophidia to fight the first trash pull since I know there's just a metric ton of them there. Definitely more than the aoe cap. 0 heals received.

Thanks in advance.
    Edited by Lionxoft on March 4, 2015 1:43AM
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Walk into any group of trash mobs where there are more than the aoe cap and it won't heal at all. I went into Sanctum Ophidia to fight the first trash pull since I know there's just a metric ton of them there. Definitely more than the aoe cap. 0 heals received.

Thanks in advance.

This needs to be addressed, severely hinders NB tanks and other sap builds :(

NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brandalf wrote: »

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thanks in advance.

This needs to be addressed, severely hinders NB tanks and other sap builds :(

Agreed
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We'll dig into this guys. Thank you. If you think of any more details, please post them in this thread.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also just walked in to sanctum. Personally I don't think it's an issue with receiving 0 heals, I believe it's an issue with the damage being so much that your health bar goes down even if you do get a heal. It was very difficult & we did not get past the manticora. Even though we were previously clearing sanctum 4-5 times a day before this patch.
    I'm not saying nerf sanctum, but more healing to counter act the massive amount of damage, or more champion points to invest in the healing sections of the champion system; either would be great.

To iterate more, our healers were flipping out because we were unable to stack damage mitigation because of the ultimate change, resource management is more of a problem until champion points are obtained and as a result our health bars were consistently bouncing between 2% & 90%; where as prior we never dropped below 50% (which is to be expected when you've completed all content & have the best gear in game)

Even though the patch said "key phrases" like: we doubled spell crit, what that actually means is that spell crit has been doubled from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3 NOT from 1.5.8 to 1.6.5 as most people would incorrectly think! What does crit have to do with resource management? Maybe nothing, but that's just an example of how the numbers "CHANGED" ever so slightly & weren't worded in a manner easy to follow, leaving people confused about how they are doing less damage & having less stats when compared to 1.5.8
    (regardless of the numbers being "higher", it's an US vs Content comparison).

-kai
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    what that actually means is that spell crit has been doubled from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3 NOT from 1.5.8 to 1.6.5 as most people would incorrectly think!
    This!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom, you can't use the 1.6.5 notes as posted on the PTS to announce to the vast majority of players (who weren't on the PTS for numerous reasons) what a new update changes! There are MANY examples of this throughout the details in 1.6.5 which give a false impression .. the one noted here looks like BUFF whereas most players will experience it as a huge NERF!
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kragorn @kaithuzar

Why are you trying to hijack a thread? This bug with sap essence does not only occur in Sanctum. You can reproduce it in any public dungeon (Hell, probably even lowest lv public dungeon) by just herding the mobs together so sap hits over the AOE cap. Sanctum was not brought up as a balancing discussion but rather as a means to reproduce a bug with ease. This bug can be reproduced in any location where the enemies are above the threshold in numbers.

Kaithuzar, in particular your post has no merit to this thread. I recorded my data with a HPS add-on, monitored the actual vanilla attribute bars to make sure it wasn't an add-on bug and monitored actual heal numbers via FTC. With Sap it's fairly obvious when you aren't being healed though.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was responding to the 'green' post .. which was about patch notes .. I fail to see a hijack.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 4, 2015 10:35AM
  • halfbadger
    halfbadger
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    When you hit more than 6 targets with Sap Essence (morph) you, and your allies, receive 0 healing.
    Maybe this is a good thing because when you use Siphoning Attacks (morph) and spam Sap Essence (morph) in a large group of mobs you will never run out of stamina and mana while doing reasonable dps and healing
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    halfbadger wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    When you hit more than 6 targets with Sap Essence (morph) you, and your allies, receive 0 healing.
    Maybe this is a good thing because when you use Siphoning Attacks (morph) and spam Sap Essence (morph) in a large group of mobs you will never run out of stamina and mana while doing reasonable dps and healing

"good thing"
    are-you-kidding-me-cat.jpg
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

"good thing"
    are-you-kidding-me-cat.jpg

@halfbadger is a DK in mourning.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

It completely breaks the skill halfbadger. How about green dragon's blood or absorb magic doesn't work when more than 6 targets are near you? Make sense? Didn't think so. How after you use battle roar passive via ultimate cast your damage output is reduced by 17% instead of increased via standard? Syphoning has a dps decrease but it also has it's benefit. I think that 17% damage reduction is a valid trade off.

Just an example in PvP:
    "Oh look a sap tank! Everyone blob him so he can't heal himself!"
    Edited by Lionxoft on March 4, 2015 12:16PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    After further investigation, this is confirmed as not working on live (as you reported, @Lionxoft.) We're working on a fix now and will get it into an incremental patch as soon as possible.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gonna be pretty damn hard to tweak my Nightblade without seeing the numbers from Sap, that's a good portion of my build right there!
    Vehemence
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any update on when the fix will be implemented? This is a significant issue for the (few remaining non-stamina) magicka NBs in the game.
  • izjiz
    izjiz
    Mujuro wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any update on when the fix will be implemented? This is a significant issue for the (few remaining non-stamina) magicka NBs in the game.

This.
    Izjiz - Dc NB v14
    Izjïz- EP temp v14
    CEzy - DC sorc v14
    cezy - DC dk v14
    Izjiz Jnr - AD DK v14
    īzjiz - DC NB ( khajit ) v14
    cEzy - EP Sorc - v1
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After further investigation, this is confirmed as not working on live (as you reported, @Lionxoft.) We're working on a fix now and will get it into an incremental patch as soon as possible.

Hmm well this explains the issues I might have had at Spellscar last night; though I am still getting used to a completely new build...
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Suntzu1414
    Hope they do a better job fixing this...then they did with Shadow Cloak.

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow