The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer - Stackable AoE - reported in 1.6.1 and still works (Video)

• ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If somebody really thinks this should work and is not a bug looses all credibility who cares if it is sustainable just use spell symmetry every trial run would be a joke get 2 dks to chain every mob and let the tank keep the bosses in one place which works almost with every trial boss. Like this games endgame doesn't have enough problems on its own
    Edited by ginoboehm on March 2, 2015 7:55PM
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will volley do the same?
    ~Thallen~
  • halfbadger
    halfbadger
    ✭✭✭
    Will volley do the same?

no
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I reported that mess a while ago. Fix before Live!
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Father wrote: »
    20k dps on a character with 70 CP. There is no arguemuent here its clearly not intended ^_^

Keep in mind that this is 20K DPS over 20 seconds...not even a minute. Mana dumps are almost always high DPS but typically not the best long term DPS.

If 20K DPS were sustainable at 70CP I'd agree it is OP.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20k dps on a character with 70 CP. There is no arguemuent here its clearly not intended ^_^

Keep in mind that this is 20K DPS over 20 seconds...not even a minute. Mana dumps are almost always high DPS but typically not the best long term DPS.

The amount of damage isnt of any interest. It´s a bug that needs to be fixed. AoE fields arnt suppose to stack. If you find a way to do that, its called an exploit.
    Exploits needs to get fixed immediatly. Regardless. Exploit stays exploit.

Imagine a Trial Situation. Take 4 sorcs, rest whatever. These 4 sorcs spam Liquid Lightning. The other ppl just keep spamming the synergy button. That is way over the top. You will oneshot big Trashpulls with that.Bosses will melt like theres no tomorrow. Combination of the ground aoe + synergy is ridiculously overpowered.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on March 2, 2015 9:34PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The amount of damage isnt of any interest. It´s a bug that needs to be fixed. AoE fields arnt suppose to stack. If you find a way to do that, its called an exploit.

Imagine a Trial Situation. Take 4 sorcs, rest whatever. These 4 sorcs spam Liquid Lightning. The other ppl just keep spamming the synergy button. That is way over the top. You will oneshot big Trashpulls with that.Bosses will melt like theres no tomorrow. Combination of the ground aoe + synergy is ridiculously overpowered.

and? that can be done with any synergy allready as the synergy is causing a timer on the executioner side not the provider side. so talons impale can and allways has been synergy spammed, same counts for LS, BS, NO, TW etc...
    Edited by Tankqull on March 2, 2015 11:01PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine a Trial Situation. Take 4 sorcs...

That alone would be a change for most groups ;)

(But, yeah -- this looks and feels like a bug. I want sorcs to rock, but relying on a bug is not the way to go about it)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

and? that can be done with any synergy allready as the synergy is causing a timer on the executioner side not the provider side. so talons impale can and allways has been synergy spammed.

Are you blazed? Do you know how many DPS output that produces? 1 Sorc alone makes a raid able to oneshot the big Trashgroup right before Serpent. Tell me one other Synergy + stack exploit combo that allows that?

You prolly rubbing your hands to use this... You should test it before you post BS. We actually tried that stuff on PTS. And its broken as -snip-. If you dont realise that, than I feel sry for your soul.

Well try Talons + synergy on a boss lol. Good luck. Do you even know what you are talking about?
    Snit wrote: »
    Imagine a Trial Situation. Take 4 sorcs...

That alone would be a change for most groups ;)

(But, yeah -- this looks and feels like a bug. I want sorcs to rock, but relying on a bug is not the way to go about it)

They do, There are pretty viable Sorc Builds around. Sorcs get very very close to DKs on Singletarget. Without any exploits or usage of bugs.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on March 2, 2015 11:07PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well try Talons + synergy on a boss lol. Good luck. Do you even know what you are talking about?
    impale is tied to the dot not the root - so it works perfectly fine btw.

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it will be fixed. As a sorc, I don't want to rely to a bug to have a decent dps. But that's mean sorc need the promised real boost.
    And even if it's intended, stamina sorc have no issue with it.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Theres still no occasion that allows you to get the same amount of insane DPS output. You cant compare that. And on top of it, Talons + synergy is an intended mechanic. Stacked Lightning + Synergy not. Get a grp on PTS right now. Try it. You will see it.
    That will completely break the game and totally break meta and Trial Leaderboards if it stays like that. Wierd enough, you can only bug out the one from sorc. Other Ground AoEs doesnt do that. They just act normally.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on March 2, 2015 11:17PM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There seems to be some confusion on how stacking Liquid Lightning works exactly. Normally the first Liquid Lightning will be removed if you cast it a second time but if you cast it at max range non of the previous casted Liquid Lightnings will disappear. In the video they use propelling shield to increase the range but it also works without it. Currently on 1.5 live this works exactly the same but due to the short duration its hard to notice and the benefit is minimal.

Its clear to me this does not work as intended, otherwise it would stack no matter what distance its casted from. I think it only became clear that its bugged because the duration has been increased so much. I have been playing a sorc since beta and I quite like my class but this is clearly broken, just try to imagine breaching a keep and stepping on 10-20 Liquid Lightnings at once ticking each 0,5 second all with a 6% Disintegration chance on low health. If its not fixed sorc will definitely do the highest dps with Inner Light + Power Surge + elemental drain > spam Liquid Lightning > reapply buffs when they run out > Meteor if its up > rinse and repeat.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Theres still no occasion that allows you to get the same amount of insane DPS output. You cant compare that. And on top of it, Talons + synergy is an intended mechanic. Stacked Lightning + Synergy not. Get a grp on PTS right now. Try it. You will see it.
    That will completely break the game and totally break meta and Trial Leaderboards if it stays like that. Wierd enough, you can only bug out the one from sorc. Other Ground AoEs doesnt do that. They just act normally.

sure - you have a roughly 10sec synergy lockout timer after its usage. so it doesent matter if your 12 man raid will use one after another the synergy provided by spamming talons, lightning splash or necrotic orb, or creating a burst of 10 useages every 10 sec. DPS wise its exactly the same and implemented that way since beta. the problem is nobody used either talons or any of the other syns outside of cyrodiil that way, as these skills create horrible dps on the providers side posting: DPS: 96.8 after a boss sucks quite tremendously ;) for the most.

• Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭

DPS greater than a DK. There is no argument here, it is clearly not intended. :p
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be some confusion on how stacking Liquid Lightning works exactly. Normally the first Liquid Lightning will be removed if you cast it a second time but if you cast it at max range non of the previous casted Liquid Lightnings will disappear. In the video they use propelling shield to increase the range but it also works without it. Currently on 1.5 live this works exactly the same but due to the short duration its hard to notice and the benefit is minimal.

Its clear to me this does not work as intended, otherwise it would stack no matter what distance its casted from. I think it only became clear that its bugged because the duration has been increased so much. I have been playing a sorc since beta and I quite like my class but this is clearly broken, just try to imagine breaching a keep and stepping on 10-20 Liquid Lightnings at once ticking each 0,5 second all with a 6% Disintegration chance on low health. If its not fixed sorc will definitely do the highest dps with Inner Light + Power Surge + elemental drain > spam Liquid Lightning > reapply buffs when they run out > Meteor if its up > rinse and repeat.

You can't keep that many stacks of lightning up is the problem. 10-20 lightnings would be 20-40K Magicka and it's only a 4 meter radius. You'd have a 15 second window of protection and then you'd be completely OOM. If people are dying to Liquid lightning in PvP even with this bug then they need to get out of Cyrodiil and head back to PvE until they learn not to stand in red circles.

If max range is the way this is exploited then its uses are even more limited but I agree it should be fixed if you can't stack it normally.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DPS greater than a DK. There is no argument here, it is clearly not intended. :p

corrected it for you ;)

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    As for worrying about people jamming doors with it in PVP, if you run though a gap before you negate it your very likely to die of a combination of oil, ultimates, and AOE's right now. This will be no different. Negate, run though. It's a pretty standard procedure. Negate may have no value in PVE after 1.6 but I'm pretty sure you will still want it to run though gaps in PVP.

Can't remember off-hand, and too lazy to log in and check.

When a Negate is put up, is it possible in 1.6 to cast the AoE from range into the Negated area after the bubble appears, or does it eliminate all ground-targeted AoEs from being cast in that area for the entire duration?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    As for worrying about people jamming doors with it in PVP, if you run though a gap before you negate it your very likely to die of a combination of oil, ultimates, and AOE's right now. This will be no different. Negate, run though. It's a pretty standard procedure. Negate may have no value in PVE after 1.6 but I'm pretty sure you will still want it to run though gaps in PVP.

Can't remember off-hand, and too lazy to log in and check.

When a Negate is put up, is it possible in 1.6 to cast the AoE from range into the Negated area after the bubble appears, or does it eliminate all ground-targeted AoEs from being cast in that area for the entire duration?

that effect has been removed with 1.6. gtae casted into an existing negate are no longer harmed by the negate.

• ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That does not matter in trials we could spamm spell symmetry the current fotm dk build relies on so much spell symmetry for every rotation (hell I wish i could keep the rotation for 20sec without spell symmetry) and is completely impractical on moving targets and still it is the build that breaks every record and helps groups achieve new records in every trial.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't keep that many stacks of lightning up is the problem. 10-20 lightnings would be 20-40K Magicka and it's only a 4 meter radius. You'd have a 15 second window of protection and then you'd be completely OOM. If people are dying to Liquid lightning in PvP even with this bug then they need to get out of Cyrodiil and head back to PvE until they learn not to stand in red circles.

If max range is the way this is exploited then its uses are even more limited but I agree it should be fixed if you can't stack it normally.

With a full group of 24 players normally about 6 of them will be sorcs, so if each sorc puts down 3 Liquid Lightnings / Lightning Splash you have a total of 18 spread across the breach. Because Liquid Lightning only has a 4m radius I think Lightning Splash with the 6m radius will be better for pvp.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

corrected it for you ;)

I corrected it for you as well ;)
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    so... i can finally be a tower mage? :0
  • sarttsarttsarttub17_ESO
    anyone with a brain knows how to exploit this now that you showed them a video HOW
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm now able to cast this spell infinitely with a template build and 70 CP.

Put me in the *this needs fixed ASAP* boat.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone with a brain knows how to exploit this now that you showed them a video HOW

Good. That's the only way things get fixed. The gold dupe bug was ignored until someone posted a video of it on youtube.

There are two ways to report bugs: /bug and /youtube

/youtube is more effective.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

sure - you have a roughly 10sec synergy lockout timer after its usage. so it doesent matter if your 12 man raid will use one after another the synergy provided by spamming talons, lightning splash or necrotic orb, or creating a burst of 10 useages every 10 sec. DPS wise its exactly the same and implemented that way since beta. the problem is nobody used either talons or any of the other syns outside of cyrodiil that way, as these skills create horrible dps on the providers side posting: DPS: 96.8 after a boss sucks quite tremendously ;) for the most.
    You have a synergy cooldown only on the same person's synergy, meaning you can't synergize from the same individual two times in a row.

Have a different individual pick up the next synergy, and that no longer applies. It equally does not prevent you from synergizing with a different person.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi folks,

Just confirming that the damage stacking bug with Lightning Splash and its morphs that appeared on the PTS for 1.6.4 is indeed fixed in the live build (1.6.5.) It's not specifically called out in the 1.6.5 patch notes as it was only on the PTS, and was fixed before going live.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, that's good, thanks you :)

Now, it's time for a real non buggued sorc buff o:)
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    Oh, that's good, thanks you :)

Now, it's time for a real non buggued sorc buff o:)

Test sorc DPS it is the strongest in range magicka the second strongest in overall magicka quite close to magicka dks and only 2 k short of stamina meta. Stamina sorcs are fine too look at alcast Videos. Sorcs in PvP got a strong self heal (decasting our pets gives 1/3 health back) and shields are as strong as ever if not even more so. ultimate regeneration got nerfed which profitted other classes more. Perma blocking while doing high damage is not possible anymore so the high mobility with the strong cc streak provides got even better. Pets went from being midly annoying to quite dangerous resource wise.