The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch note for patch today?

• Flouride_Bandito
    dawnhawk wrote: »
    Amazon isn't generally pushing 9gbs of data client side to a people with varying system requirements during their maintenance which is required in order for the client side code to talk to the server side code.

As for how long - the cheeky answer is "soon"tm. The official answer is "longer than normal" as they are making some backend (server side) changes as well that are required before that are not part of a typical maintenance and push client side code cycle.

Go give the sick puppy some extra love and spoiling.

Thank you!

Dog is sleeping right now and last time I went to pet him he gave me such a plaintive look of sorrow that I had to leave him alone. After I took a picture, of course. That dog is the definition of "puppy dog eyes".
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update 6 must of disappeared with the dwemer....
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere to discover approximately how long the patch might take? Is this going to come back up in an hour, or is it likely closer to six hours? Or all day?

Depends on what you call "all day". For me it is taking all day as I'm in Europe (from 2pm to what is now 6:30pm..). It has already been over 4 hours and the launcher hasn't even let us start patching. So yeah..

That being said many MMOs still have down time. ESO's downtime has gotten progressively less. It used to have TWO downtimes a week. This is a MAJOR patch update, normal that it is down and normal if it takes a while. Even if I AM sitting here bored wishing it would at least start patching.
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes?
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SoulScream wrote: »
    Patch notes?

The patch notes will be available once the download starts.
  • Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    i guessed 10-12 hours for the actual update and 2-4 days of intermittant up and down servers. most of folks will be lucky to even get logged in today unless they are west coast+ . . .
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happened every single time I've been online for maintenance, so it doesn't bother me anymore as I never believe it, but it's a really bad look for companies to give incorrect time estimates. 3 hours ago they said the patch notes would be up in "an hour or 2". You just *** people off when they come back and you don't have what you promised. And it's one thing if it's just an anomaly and things happened that weren't expected, but every single time the patch notes are up well after their promised time. You'd think they would learn already.

Well, it's not like they're finished writing the update yet...

They have to apply the update before they know whats in the update.....

:)
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    Patch notes aren't that useful for ESO, a lot of things are missed entirely, others are not fixed at all and any new content probably won't work properly. Although though it is handy knowing how big the download will be in advance, or not in this case.
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • beautycutie87
    beautycutie87
    ✭✭✭
    No complaints about the wait time, cannot wait to play!!! Whatever time download finishes and realm is up I will be ready. I can bet it will be another all nighter for me.
  • ben_ESO5
    ben_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

Does that mean that if I like my update, I can keep my update?

• dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

nancy-pelosi.jpg

Edited by dharbert on March 3, 2015 5:45PM
  • MaxWipes
    MaxWipes
    ✭✭
    ben_ESO5 wrote: »

Does that mean that if I don't like my update, I can trash the update?
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We are currently pushing Update 6 live to the North American megaserver. We encourage everyone to open up the game launcher now -- it will begin automatically updating to Update 6 as soon as the patch is available, before we open the megaserver. We'll have the full Update 6 patch notes up within the next hour or two.

I don't know, though. What if it isn't today???
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What if this was all some kind of elaborate early April fools joke. When it comes back up it will be with wrothgar and the imperial city. Sorcs will be awesome and pvp will be finally be balanced.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they clearly have put the update on after all this time. So are they having some major issues? Maybe we will get an update on the update soon. :smile:
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Rshidva
    Rshidva
    ✭✭✭
    odlw88vm7iki.jpg

I guess still relevant :)
    There is Love
  • Rshidva
    Rshidva
    ✭✭✭
    or as @Father posted hgz3f.jpg
    There is Love
  • ben_ESO5
    ben_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    MaxWipes wrote: »
    ben_ESO5 wrote: »

Does that mean that if I don't like my update, I can trash the update?

Only for an ever increasing yearly "fee", and a probe up your backside. No, no, don't argue, your betters have decreed it.

• Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just glad I'm at work…

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just glad I'm at work…

Not missing anything. Its still not downloading.
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Show as some notes. :D
    1356904575076.gif
    Still waiting for Sithis.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    patch notes...is it DLC? :D
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Downloading now! :D
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • AlienOperative
    Off to the races! 13.5k MB download.

Edited by AlienOperative on March 3, 2015 6:01PM
    Playtime VR14 Sorcerer
    99% PvP I do my best to never leave Cyrodiil
    Keep your PvE out of my playground and Ill keep my PvP opinions out of your threads. They are two different games and need to be treated as such by both the developers and the gaming community.
  • sun.fire85b14_ESO
    Downloading now, appears around 13 GB
    Edited by sun.fire85b14_ESO on March 3, 2015 6:01PM
  • MaxWipes
    MaxWipes
    ✭✭
    Oh goody patch notes. 20gb patch? wowzer
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Downloading now, appears around 13 GB

Patch notes say it is going to be between 20 to 25 GB.
  • Brangwen
    Brangwen
    ✭✭
    says 20-25 in the patch notes
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    On the West Coast and download just started! Yay!

I know some will still not believe it, but it is certainly downloading what appears to be about 13gb worth of data. Maybe it is just all new horse armor! <joking>