The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

multiboxxing with update

ghost0
ghost0
so i have a paid account. i ragequit in may over inventory and havnt been back until last week. never cancelled my sub tho, so yeah, gg for me and a recurring lesson in why automatic payments are not my friend. anyway, i digress. but at least ill get a sengal mount and a helm to take up 2 more inventory spots.

i read the patch notes for the pts and see nothing that addresses my core complaint about this game since launch. inventory.

sooo, you reduced the amount of ingredients for food, so what. still have 5 other professions, 1 alt mule for each, and the neverending inventory shuffle still continues. want a craft session, sure, log into 4 toons to shuffle mats around. the refined material mule, the decon mule, the trait and motiff mule, and finally the crafter.

in may of 2014 i asked for a material bag for each profession. its not like its an original idea. many games with large item tables have them. i see no mention of it in the notes.

player housing. been discussed to death. google it. you will see the discussion, and the excitement, died about ....may of last year. no mention of it in pts notes. wish the 1.6 notes were avail, but that another topic thats been discussed to death, in just one morning. really, how hard is it to post notes? submit button so far away from my cookies....zzz. anyway, player housing speaks directly to inventory hell.

so now you determined that you want to try your best to kill a game with the influx of free players, and ...whats that? yep, the game killing pay to win cash shop. now i know you promised no game changing stuff will be for sale, but youve already taken a shot at alchemy with pots being avail. i know they arent tri pot panaceas, for now...until some accountant review cash shop sales, but still, anything for sale that could be crafted in game is not a good idea. and, youve already killed the top tier players by allowing nubs to buy their level with exp items, thus creating low skill point forevernoobs running around at top levels asking...how do i.

so being as you are effectively a f2p p2w game on the 17th, i assume you will allow multiboxxing like most free games. where i can have about as many free accounts as i have the hardware and time to run. this, like nothing you have offered in the past, will finally allow for an easier inventory management scenario. not the best as ill still have to pick up my second keyboard and mouse, and 3rd and 4th, but better. eventually there will be an addon that can view inventory across characters and accounts, thus removing the need for eso to actually ever address inventory. kudos for avoiding it!

• dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That has to be the most epic inventory whine post ever.

You have 1,600 slots available across all characters. More than enough.

The number of provisioning ingredients has been reduced, and crafting items now stack to 200.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multi Boxing is evil and mostly (not always) a tool for gold farmers. TBH, I love to see multi-boxing as a ban-able action. I see any type of multi-boxing, I will be watching you very closely with my paws on the report button. I will assume anyone who does multi-boxing is a gold farmer and a cheater. Unless they can PROVE otherwise.
  • dawnhawk
    dawnhawk
    ✭✭✭
    Ok...so:

1) Pets no longer take slots.
    2) Costumes no longer take slots.
    3) Trophies (I believe?) no longer take slots.
    4) Mats now double in stacks (200 instead of 100).
    5) Horse "pack space" is now a character stat that can be maxed at 60 extra slots without sacrificing stamina and speed (expect for time).

All mats in the bank are immediately available to all characters - so provided you build up your bank (which presumably you haven't as you left...pretty much at launch) no mule shuffline required.

It sounds more like you just want a house, not that Inventory is an issue.
  • sswilhelm_27b14_ESO
    OP is the type that will always find something to whine about
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must have missed the part where we can stack to 200 now. And, Pets and Collectibles are now non inventory impacting. Quest Trophies still take up space. However I plan on retiring two of my inventory mules come 1.6 because of the changes in inventory.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭
    the gaming isnt going ftp just yet. Still have to buy the box. I doubt there will be a auto follow option :( I wish there was tho.
  • ghost0
    ghost0
    inv slots are not the issue, access to them is, logout login, is not a great "feature" and with presumably a large influx of free players coming, and a currently unstable client as is, logout/in dancing will not get better.

im aware of the shared bank. tyvm. only holds so much. if i could access all inv from all toons, from the currently logged in toon, that would b better.

ty for granting epic status to the whine, you have identified correctly as a whine. but its a year long issue. that allows a certain amount of legit whining

multiboxxing is not only a gold farming tool. and if you are not an employee of eso or zenimax, then you have too much time on your hands hovering over "report"

ty for your comments. i take them seriously. no one really cared a year ago. dont expect much positive feedback now, but i was hoping, not trolling
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped reading after the second sentence. Ragequit over inventory size? Are you serious, bro?

Here's a nice WikiHow page that may help you:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Hoarding

You DON'T NEED to have every single provisioning ingredient. You DON'T NEED to have every single level of raw and refined ore. You DON'T NEED to have every single level of enchantment potency. Etc. etc. Guild banks usually store lowbie materials that no one needs. Use them.
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just buy a second account and use it for storage. Without a sub to worry about it's actually a pretty good deal for the crafters/hoarders (and gives $ to ZoS).
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    It's also worth noting that with Update 6, your pets, mounts, and costumes are accessible by all characters on your account via the Collections window (press U in-game to access it.) :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just had a flash back to the Beta forum....when this topic was bumped constantly. :s

With respect to the Op, I feel that the developers have made a good decision with inventory space. I like that ESO is... well... ESO and not a carbon copy of another MMO.
    I like the idea that I have to and am able to make choices that affect My
    game play.
    It's the differences here that keep me coming back for more.
    Edited by Inactive Account on March 3, 2015 5:40PM
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you could suggest ways of improving the shared bank slots via the Crown Store when it launches. Or even craft bags in the Crown Store.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghost0 wrote: »
    i read the patch notes for the pts and see nothing that addresses my core complaint about this game since launch. inventory.

Sooo - why are you back exactly?

Recommendation: cancel your auto payments and go find a game you actually like.
  • strongoakb14a_ESO
    strongoakb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's also worth noting that with Update 6, your pets, mounts, and costumes are accessible by all characters on your account via the Collections window (press U in-game to access it.) :)

Wait... I knew pets, mounts made it on PTS but not costumes, so youre actually saying costumes made it into the 1.6 update into collections after all?
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've focused on every craft on one toon since launch and have managed to survive just fine without even using any other toons as mules. I haven't even maxed out my bank inventory space, nor have I ever put a point into storage on my horse. Now, I don't have an unlimited supply of every crafting material in the game stored, but I don't think that should be possible anyway. What good is it if every player can make everything they need themselves, without even so much as having to occasionally buy some materials? It was stated long ago that inventory limitations were partially an effort to force people to specialize and make choices and they're still willing to compromise on that even more with 1.6.

Why did you even come back, honestly? It sounds like your goal was mainly just to come to the forums and post how you're back, but you still hate everything. It's hard to even take you seriously if inventory was enough to make you "ragequit" and to also make you forget that you're still regularly paying for the game.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any and All items are available in the Crow store must be able to be bought or craftable ingame, otherwise ESO will be become a Pay To Win Game.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Ah, one more thing. While technically having multiple accounts is not against our Terms of Use, we find that it is nearly impossible to multibox ESO without the use of programs that are a violation of our EULA and TOU and will result in being banned from the game. So, multiple accounts? Totally fine. Playing multiple characters at the same time with the way our combat works? Very suspect and likely to result in a ban since it would require some level of automated play.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on March 3, 2015 5:44PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wait... I knew pets, mounts made it on PTS but not costumes, so youre actually saying costumes made it into the 1.6 update into collections after all?
    Costumes, yes. Disguises, no. There's a difference.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he's annoyed because of the one thing he can't blame on anyone else - his forgetting to cancel when he ragequit.
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, there goes the key that I had bound to remove the UI. Oh well, have to find an unused key to bind it to now.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Yep, this. :) We're still exploring a solution for disguises. Because most disguises are directly linked with quests and neutral-status flags for some NPCs, it's a bit trickier.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »

Well, there goes the key that I had bound to remove the UI. Oh well, have to find an unused key to bind it to now.

Unless you can re-bind the Collections window key. Anyone know if that's possible?
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Unless you can re-bind the Collections window key. Anyone know if that's possible?

I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.

NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep, this. :) We're still exploring a solution for disguises. Because most disguises are directly linked with quests and neutral-status flags for some NPCs, it's a bit trickier.

Just have the neutral status flags stay. It would make sense that if you are wearing a disguise in an area even outside a quest, that you would still blend in.
  • KallistaBlackheart
    KallistaBlackheart
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

you can rebind everything. i also use u for my ui toggle will still use it once this goes live.
  • dawnhawk
    dawnhawk
    ✭✭✭
    As an additional - provided you are not adverse to mods (standard disclaimer - If you want to play with no ui mods that's fine) - there is a mod that I LOVE for my inventory which essentially does give you a "mat bag" for each mat (as well as...pretty much a bag for anything else you like): http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info245-AdvancedFilters.html

Makes it a whole lot easier to find the specific mats you are looking for.
  • ghost0
    ghost0
    Ah, one more thing. While technically having multiple accounts is not against our Terms of Use, we find that it is nearly impossible to multibox ESO without the use of programs that are a violation of our EULA and TOU and will result in being banned from the game. So, multiple accounts? Totally fine. Playing multiple characters at the same time with the way our combat works? Very suspect and likely to result in a ban since it would require some level of automated play.

thank for the ot answer. not a gold farmer/seller, and while i have def "trained" parties of 6, in other games, with automation, you are quite correct, the amount of scripting needed to do it here would be obscene and not really needed with the availability of legit parties. low pop games you need that to complete quests and raids. not here. being a rule breaker is almost a non issue when its not needed.

it was never my intention to automate combat with multiboxxing, only to have a toon sit in a town and be a inventory supply chain for my active paid account. ever forget that fire opal on your mule when you are going to a craft alter? yeah, makes you want to go have a nap.

reduction of needed mats, removal of certain items from inventory like trophies and costumes, which i generally dont save anyway, but helpful, increased stack sizes, may all address my complaint. we shall see. still a ton of stuff to track and as crafting and being self sufficient is always a primary goal in any mmo i play, inventory management is currently too time consuming to be fun.

• phtony06b14_ESO
    phtony06b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Oh sweet, a button I don't use so I won't have to rebind the key :smile:
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭

Meh just make a copy of them as a Costume and put it on the crown store. DONE!
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OP, you have no idea what you're talking about. Are you that entitled to expect ZoS to bow at your every beck and whim? And please work on your capitalization and punctuation so we can take you seriously.