The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What is the point of ESO LIVE?

• Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    Think the ESO was fine. its ment to all people also the ones that have not seen all the new things or don't come by the forum much.

An i donøt get way people think they can demand to know stuff. if they aint ready to talk about it they don't and way do people like to know things that are not done and may change anyway? It don't help anyone.

Zenimax are re-releasing this game in a couple of months. If they are not prepared to answer what will be done of the veteran system now, then when? When it is released in console with as much success as on the PC?

Try to understand, guys like me and @Joejudas come to this forum and create polemic posts because we care about the game and we want to see it succeed. Zenimax's lack of transparency borders paranoia. The fact they won't release patch notes until half an hour before the patch is live is just one example of that.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Could you please invite addon developers to ESO Live. They do so much for our game.

They'd do sooo much more if the game's API wasn't sooo bad. >.>

But yes, seeing some credit be given to the addon devs would be great.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    Think the ESO was fine. its ment to all people also the ones that have not seen all the new things or don't come by the forum much.

An i donøt get way people think they can demand to know stuff. if they aint ready to talk about it they don't and way do people like to know things that are not done and may change anyway? It don't help anyone.

Zenimax are re-releasing this game in a couple of months. If they are not prepared to answer what will be done of the veteran system now, then when? When it is released in console with as much success as on the PC?

Try to understand, guys like me and @Joejudas come to this forum and create polemic posts because we care about the game and we want to see it succeed. Zenimax's lack of transparency borders paranoia. The fact they won't release patch notes until half an hour before the patch is live is just one example of that.

But what if VR stays, and still is there when it come out on console? So what? what do it change? nothing.... they change it when they have the system, blanace and work done for it. don't get way all the haste..

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on January 31, 2015 6:45PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish when they do these they would be a tad more professional. I mean it looks like some teenagers broadcasting from a basement studio someplace. Would it hurt terribly to dress like you would in a business setting? I have people who watched ESO live with me and were amazed by the unprofessional attitude the developers have towards the game.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish when they do these they would be a tad more professional. I mean it looks like some teenagers broadcasting from a basement studio someplace. Would it hurt terribly to dress like you would in a business setting? I have people who watched ESO live with me and were amazed by the unprofessional attitude the developers have towards the game.

They seem very down to earth. And think its a good thing and something i like rather then a business man giving us alot of numbers,
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They seem very down to earth. And think its a good thing and something i like rather then a business man giving us alot of numbers,

Ya I mean we dont want real data we want a couple people sitting around in t-shirts and blue jeans telling us stuff we already know.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeevin wrote: »
    Gods, @ZOS_GinaBruno, aren't you tired of answering about player housing? Seriously! Every episode... No player housing for a very long time guys! It is still on the developer's dreams!

I know what you're saying but so long as there is no player housing I'll keep asking. If Zeni want us to be silent on the topic all they have to do is invest some development time to it and keep us in the loop. :)

SO right there with you. It is NOT a dead horse as long as players continue to want it. They KNOW it is a greatly desired feature and will become even more so now that we'll be locked out of most houses and entering them will become a crime. I, and many others, have offered a plethora of suggestions for a stop gap "until you can FINALLY get around to housing" system. Things like making it so that when you go to enter a house in a city or even a castle you are offered a choice of "Enter Regular Instance" or "Enter Private Instance." Choosing the "private entrance" would give you a house empty of NPCs and anyone grouped with you, when they chose "private entrance," would also end up in your instance. Honestly, this is all most roleplayers need, a cool space to play in where they won't be trolled. Think of the headaches the Devs would save themselves instead of constantly having to deal with reports because some mental thirteen year old insists on leaping about, spamming spells, and talking about their p3ni$ while calling everyone "f@gg0t$." And THAT is just going to get a LOT worse with the B2P model.

But they're NEVER going to do this. Why? Because they WILL eventually offer player housing as a cash shop item because they know they stand to make a killing off it. But, unfortunately, even THAT is likely 2 to 3 years away...when they've run out of ideas for the cash store and need a big jolt of money to keep their investors happy and actually need all the roleplayers who have bailed in frustration to come back now that FINALLY they are giving us what we want. Just look at SWTOR, that bastion of everything slimy thing you can possibly do to (insert sure to be censored word here) over your customers. That's EXACTLY what they did. And I ALMOST went for it. And I am predicting now that it's EXACTLY what ZOS intends to do.

And if I'm right, that is totally unacceptable. It's bad enough that they're going to make us pay for player housing in the cash shop when it should have been an integral part of the game at launch. It needs to be IN the cash shop absolutely no later than 3 months after the switch over to B2P. Christmas of this year AT THE VERY LATEST.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya I mean we dont want real data we want a couple people sitting around in t-shirts and blue jeans telling us stuff we already know.

Noo nither one of them... Only the more hardcore player like to hear and care about the damage on one skill rather then what is overall comming out.
    It has to be infomative and letting also new people know what happens and will come.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Noo nither one of them... Only the more hardcore player like to hear and care about the damage on one skill rather then what is overall comming out.
    It has to be infomative and letting also new people know what happens and will come.

What? So wanting to know things like what is the plan for the imperial city now or whats happening with the new solo friendly PVE area they talked about is only for hardcore players?
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What? So wanting to know things like what is the plan for the imperial city now or whats happening with the new solo friendly PVE area they talked about is only for hardcore players?

Noo.. read again what i said..
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Noo.. read again what i said..

I guess you are going to have to translate because I dont understand what you are saying. You say knowing what each skill does is only for hardcore players? Or knowing anything in the future is only for hardcore players? Even casual people like to know about changes to skills etc right?
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]

But what if VR stays, and still is there when it come out on console? So what? what do it change? nothing.... they change it when they have the system, blanace and work done for it. don't get way all the haste..

[snip]

And how can you say implementing the veteran system on consoles will change nothing? It is a failed progression system that is meant to be replaced! So, the guys from console will have to go through all the ranking to vr14 when the game releases and then a month later all that progression will simply be removed? Ad you think that is not important?

Would you want to go through all that progression already knowing it would turn out pointless and void?

[Moderator Note: Edited quote/response to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on January 31, 2015 6:46PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok two arguements here;
    1. One is that the majority of the stuff on ESO Live was not addressing what the players were asking.
    2. The second is that they are probably fed up of the same question week in week out, even though they actually answered it months ago, and nothing's changed.

In regards to the first arguement, they had an ESO Live last week, which stole most of the revelations they had, the one in a fortnight or so will be better. Also they don't want to say "We don't know yet" or "It depends" which is the answer to most of the questions asked.

In regards to the second, the reason most of us keep asking the same questions week in week out, is that there is a dearth of information for us. So of the questions have been answered and should be ingored, but many others have never been answered, and we really, really, really want those answers. We also want updates as soon as possible, we want to know when shields will be dyable, etc.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first one, haven't watched another one since.

It's not just ESO Live, it's a lot of these dev shows that some companies do. They rarely give out answers the player base wants.

Some people love them, some people hate them and some of us are so indifferent to them we don't even think they are worth the effort.

A game i'm quite active in, and i've mentioned a few times, is Warframe. They do something similar but a lot of theirs is useless stuff hardly anyone cares about. Occasionally they do interesting ones when an update is getting it's first show or a new frame is coming but most of the time it's just them chatting about what food they ate last night.

My opinions on this... Yea it's like EverQuest Next with their videos of nothing. EQN told everyone that we would be in the know and EXP the game as it was being built. However, you get a few bones chunk at you in Landmark while they put out loads of garbage videos showcasing what players have made in Landmark. You nearly never see anything that they built for the game, or that they're working on for the game, or any new info about the progress of the game, nothing nothing nothing nothing. I ponder if at the end of every yearly qrt when it's time to go over the money if they ask themselves, where did we go wrong, what can we do to increase the money, and not once do they think back to these threads telling them days on end exactly what they're doing wrong because it's their company and they know better. LOL, we get the last laugh when it comes crashing down, we always do. Well just my opinions on how I feel about game studios. I could never work for any of them lest I'm the owner.
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    Ok two arguements here;
    1. One is that the majority of the stuff on ESO Live was not addressing what the players were asking.
    2. The second is that they are probably fed up of the same question week in week out, even though they actually answered it months ago, and nothing's changed.

In regards to the first arguement, they had an ESO Live last week, which stole most of the revelations they had, the one in a fortnight or so will be better. Also they don't want to say "We don't know yet" or "It depends" which is the answer to most of the questions asked.

In regards to the second, the reason most of us keep asking the same questions week in week out, is that there is a dearth of information for us. So of the questions have been answered and should be ingored, but many others have never been answered, and we really, really, really want those answers. We also want updates as soon as possible, we want to know when shields will be dyable, etc.

Exactly! Here are more of my opinions on the subject: We don't care for ESO live where its the same rehash content from the LIVE show before. We don't care to hear the same questions being answered. ZOS acts like they don't have any content to talk about, fine, but you do have a PTS to talk about. Take a page from Carbine Studios and make your next LIVE all about your new PTS. Talk to us about what you, ZOS, wanted to see and thoughts about the PTS for things like bugs and player feedback. Tell us about the feedback you're getting from us, the players, and how our feedback is helping you fix this and that and giving you all new ideas ect... There's really so much stuff that ZOS could talk about that we need to know, not just want to know, but really need to know if they even see our feedback. Telling us that you all watch player streams and listen to feedback means nothing to us if you can't really talk to us about it! ZOS, go check out some of Carbine's old videos for when WildStar was in beta and coming out into release. Those guys had it hands down the way it should be. You're a Gaming Studio, not a corp office where we the players are trying to talk to your owners so stop hiding from us.
  • Dave2836
    Dave2836
    ✭✭✭

The last time a "suit" was on the live show was Bethesda's VP of PR, and THAT live was the most unprofessional of all the shows I've watched. A lot of these guests are creators, not number crunchers or bean counters. They work with applied techniques, work long hours, and drink a lot of caffiene.

That being said, sometimes their target audience isn't you or me. If they wanted to show you what you ask for, min max numbers, applied numerical statistics, and constants to variables inverse or converse relationships... well then they created something better than z-quil. I'm content they have the resources to actually maintain the show and have guests on.

As an analogy, how many of you watch "THE WALKING DEAD" or read the comic? I love the comic, hate the show. But I'm glad the popularity of the comic gave berth to the show and keeps it afloat. Yeah, the comic is, imho, leagues better.
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like the first couple of episodes. It was awkward and embarrassing as they were still learning to host a show and there were no real questions and answers. But when I try to watch it as some kind of activity where the community gets together and have some fun with each other and the devs, it is actually pretty fun, especially the episode Jason Leavy doing Mickey Mouse and Gina laughing like crazy. That was hilarious.

They are getting better at hosting. And honestly, I do enjoy watching the "life at ZOS" part as I love this game and so forth I want to know more about the devs as my friends and what is it like to work at ZOS. I like Zach sharing his passion about his work and those funny questions with the loremaster today. Simply Gina and Jessica giggling alone can make me laugh. LOL.

I have been pretty negative about the recent changes to the game and made many complaints and criticism but I must say I love ESO Live and I hope they can keep up the good work. @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

With that being said, while I appreciate devs explaining what is going on now or showing some playthrough videos (the one earlier today was fun), I do agree with the OP on the "they chose easy questions" part. For example, questions about housing have been asked a thousand times and we know it is probably on the top of the list, so if you can't share anything new, why bother answering it again?
    Edited by b92303008rwb17_ESO on January 31, 2015 3:47PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dave2836 wrote: »

The last time a "suit" was on the live show was Bethesda's VP of PR, and THAT live was the most unprofessional of all the shows I've watched. A lot of these guests are creators, not number crunchers or bean counters. They work with applied techniques, work long hours, and drink a lot of caffiene.

That being said, sometimes their target audience isn't you or me. If they wanted to show you what you ask for, min max numbers, applied numerical statistics, and constants to variables inverse or converse relationships... well then they created something better than z-quil. I'm content they have the resources to actually maintain the show and have guests on.

As an analogy, how many of you watch "THE WALKING DEAD" or read the comic? I love the comic, hate the show. But I'm glad the popularity of the comic gave berth to the show and keeps it afloat. Yeah, the comic is, imho, leagues better.

When you put off unprofessionalism in your appearance it reflects on your company. Where I work we also do alot of creating etc. I am a professional photographer. If I show up to a wedding in a pair of jeans a t-shirt they will escort me out with a quickness. I am expected to dress professionally even in the office where noone can see me but my other co-workers.

Anyways was just my opinion. I didnt mean for it to become a long drawn out argument.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ethona wrote: »
    Ok two arguements here;

Exactly! Here are more of my opinions on the subject: We don't care for ESO live where its the same rehash content from the LIVE show before. We don't care to hear the same questions being answered. ZOS acts like they don't have any content to talk about, fine, but you do have a PTS to talk about. Take a page from Carbine Studios and make your next LIVE all about your new PTS. Talk to us about what you, ZOS, wanted to see and thoughts about the PTS for things like bugs and player feedback. Tell us about the feedback you're getting from us, the players, and how our feedback is helping you fix this and that and giving you all new ideas ect... There's really so much stuff that ZOS could talk about that we need to know, not just want to know, but really need to know if they even see our feedback. Telling us that you all watch player streams and listen to feedback means nothing to us if you can't really talk to us about it! ZOS, go check out some of Carbine's old videos for when WildStar was in beta and coming out into release. Those guys had it hands down the way it should be. You're a Gaming Studio, not a corp office where we the players are trying to talk to your owners so stop hiding from us.

Yes, I would like that, so would most of us.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback on the show, everyone. We are, indeed, reading it. ;)

ESO Live is a community show; a variety show, if you will. We understand that you may not like every segment, but there's something for everyone. We want to spotlight members of our community and their efforts in addition to news about the game and development.

There are some questions we either don't have an answer to, or simply aren't ready to discuss yet. Some features are in development, and aren't ready to be delved into quite yet. Chris spent almost an hour on the show discussing features on the PTS in addition to some issues that we're addressing (the keyword there is some ;)). Eric wasn't able to join us on the show yesterday as he's busy making necessary changes - any time spent on the show is time that he isn't working on the game.

We'll continue to adjust the show based on your feedback. At the end of the day, the show is for you all! That said, please be constructive and keep all the above points in mind. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback on the show, everyone. We are, indeed, reading it. ;)

ESO Live is a community show; a variety show, if you will. We understand that you may not like every segment, but there's something for everyone. We want to spotlight members of our community and their efforts in addition to news about the game and development.

There are some questions we either don't have an answer to, or simply aren't ready to discuss yet. Some features are in development, and aren't ready to be delved into quite yet. Chris spent almost an hour on the show discussing features on the PTS in addition to some issues that we're addressing (the keyword there is some ;)). Eric wasn't able to join us on the show yesterday as he's busy making necessary changes - any time spent on the show is time that he isn't working on the game.

We'll continue to adjust the show based on your feedback. At the end of the day, the show is for you all! That said, please be constructive and keep all the above points in mind. Thanks!

There's nothing wrong with your show if it wasn't the only show. However, far as I know, your show on the 19th of every month is the only show. How about this; whenever you have patches out on the PTS, you have a show or a detailed forum post, ever week or two that the PTS is active that is dedicated to the patch and what's happening. I don't want to see you guys change your ESO LIve show too much because the show serves a more casual and fun show. Thanks for your stopping by today. :)
    Edited by Ethona on January 31, 2015 5:01PM
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joejudas wrote: »
    " Why cant we build fires with wood we cut? " That was answered during ESO live. You know what wasnt answered " Why was the raid gear nerfed so badly " Will you make cp easier to gain ? " " Will pvp see a balance of exp gain " " Will end game raid scale to level " ....you know important questions... -____-

No offense to RP people....but the " i want to build a campfire" stuff can wait. there is a serious s storm brewing over this awful 1.6 system and we have to listen to them answer questions about campfires.

Please just make the world Open PvP THEN give the RP'rs Campfires to gather around and sing songs and shake their bosoms at each other....pretty please...with sugar on top.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    " Why cant we build fires with wood we cut? " That was answered during ESO live. You know what wasnt answered " Why was the raid gear nerfed so badly " Will you make cp easier to gain ? " " Will pvp see a balance of exp gain " " Will end game raid scale to level " ....you know important questions... -____-

No offense to RP people....but the " i want to build a campfire" stuff can wait. there is a serious s storm brewing over this awful 1.6 system and we have to listen to them answer questions about campfires.

Please just make the world Open PvP THEN give the RP'rs Campfires to gather around and sing songs and shake their bosoms at each other....pretty please...with sugar on top.

Someone's been watching the Hunger Games too much!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was amused after hearing the answer "We're not currently working on it, but it is definitely something for the future.." in response to every single question.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    This a little off topic but does share some bonds.

How about you guys cut some things out of 1.6. You can go ahead and put in everything but the Champion System and also don't put in any of the class changes. Spend the next One Solid Year rethinking and building the new Champion System and the changes to the classes. I do not want my char to be half the hero it once was. I do not want to lose the current play style that has been a joy for me to play. I do not want to wait for months on end for everything to be balance out before I can find a play style that I'll enjoy. I do not want this Champion System that is really a nerf to my class so that I can bring him back up to par through 3 years of spending points in the Champion System. It's my opinion with the time I've spent with my chars that I now HATE MY CLASS which will only lead to me Hating The Game And Not Playing, which will lead to, Less Players. Thanks for reading our feedback ZOS.
    Edited by Ethona on January 31, 2015 8:11PM
  • xtago
    xtago
    ✭✭

Maybe you should get up to speed and read around and watch eso live.

Update 6 is a 3 stage update for pc.

part 1 get it to a point where it's getting used on pts. And do minor changes to it on pts.

part 2 release a more filled out version of update 6 with most of the completed systems and any further changes.

part 3 update 6 comes out with all the systems good to go.

I think the swap to free 2 play on March 17 is part of stage 2 but it could be completely separate.

VR ranks are 100% gone when stage 3 is out on pc and consoles won't have any VR ranks ever.

You should really stop fussing over VR ranks as ZoS are telling you they will be gone by mid year.

Most people who watched eso live got that information.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the show, maybe tackle a few more of the hot topics, maybe put out some fires in the rumor mill before people believe them to be the truth.

Other than that I find it fun and entertaining and I do learn a thing or two every now and then.

I am always amazed at the fan submissions, some of the art work is really cool, and the armor some folks have made, deserves the showcase on the show, there is kind of a sub culture around Elder Scrolls. :)
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked the PTS event a lot, with adoring fans following and videobombing Kai while he tried to show some aspects of the justice system.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xtago wrote: »

Maybe you should get up to speed and read around and watch eso live.

Update 6 is a 3 stage update for pc.

part 1 get it to a point where it's getting used on pts. And do minor changes to it on pts.

part 2 release a more filled out version of update 6 with most of the completed systems and any further changes.

part 3 update 6 comes out with all the systems good to go.

I think the swap to free 2 play on March 17 is part of stage 2 but it could be completely separate.

VR ranks are 100% gone when stage 3 is out on pc and consoles won't have any VR ranks ever.

You should really stop fussing over VR ranks as ZoS are telling you they will be gone by mid year.

Most people who watched eso live got that information.

I didnt watch the whole thing but did they say that VR ranks will be gone before the console release?
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy watching the show for the most part, even the "fluff" content. I can tell the hosts have fun filming it and it's a nice thing to have on in the background while I'm wrapping up the work week on Fridays.

I am curious about what they will talk about after March 17 until console release, as well as what they will discuss after console release if there truly is an update/content dry spell for months and months following June.

Same goes for the fan podcasts and blogs out there; it seems like 2015 is going to be really short on ESO news besides the launch of B2P and console availability.