The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Skalfee
    Skalfee
    grimsfield wrote: »
    -When are houses coming?

-Whats going on with storage space?

-Are you guys actively trying to fix the loading screen issues? Will you acknowledge them as more than just the result of players using addons?

With the loading screen issues, they already addressed that it wasn't a problem, and it's mainly due to a slower/older computer.

The masked woman will find you.
  • Skalfee
    Skalfee
    Any information about horse racing, or adding new mounts to the game?

I believe they had that on the drawing table, but they aren't planning to add it this update. Next update might be a good time. Just keep asking! :)

• Skalfee
    Skalfee
    here are my questions:
    1) where is Vvardenfell, is Vvardenfell going to be added?
    2) where is the dark brotherhood?
    3) where is the thieves guild?

thank you

I hope they add them soon! But it might be a bit hard since they're in Skyrim, and I don't remember hearing anything about them being located anywhere else in Tamriel... So players would be able to access it long before other players.

• duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    Why has moon sugar been removed from the game in update 1.6? How can you have an ES game with Khajiit and have no moon sugar in the game?

Please give this one back the sugar!!!!!

Seriously.
    No moon sugar? ...

Where is this one's sugar ... ?!!?!

No ... NOOO.... NOOOOOOOO !!!

Seriosly, which part of NO didn't you get?
  • Skalfee
    Skalfee
    Are you guys going to add a feature to bind armors together? I carry around three sets of armor on my travels, and when I'm changing it can be a pain in the neck.

• Skalfee
    Skalfee
    If you guys ever add face sculpting or such, will there be new hair styles, colors, ect?

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When breaking into an occupied home and killing the residents, you're wanted level increases. How is this the case if you've killed all the witnesses to the crime?

Is this working as intended? Is it impossible to murder someone without raising your wanted level? Even if there's no one else around?
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skalfee wrote: »
    Are you guys going to add a feature to bind armors together? I carry around three sets of armor on my travels, and when I'm changing it can be a pain in the neck.

There's a few add-on's that allow you to put sets together and equip/unequip them with the click of a button.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Skalfee
    Skalfee

There's a few add-on's that allow you to put sets together and equip/unequip them with the click of a button.

I tried one of them and it just crashed my game. That's why I'm asking ESO to do it. Plus. I think it would be better for everyone to have it than just the people who get the add-on for it. :smiley:
    Edited by Skalfee on January 30, 2015 8:06PM

• Skalfee
    Skalfee
    When breaking into an occupied home and killing the residents, you're wanted level increases. How is this the case if you've killed all the witnesses to the crime?

Is this working as intended? Is it impossible to murder someone without raising your wanted level? Even if there's no one else around?

There's a way around it. Just... don't be seen? people kind of alert the guards instantly.

• Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You stated that you wanted 'Surge' to remain a corner stone of sorcerers builds, yet following your changes (3 Nerfs!) it is now significantly weaker than Entropy which all classes have access to.... what changes are you planning to make to surge to make it the 'cornerstone' again?
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be more costumes and more plymorph costumes than what you have shown so far when the show goes live? Will there finally be costumes for vampires that allow them to return to their pre-vampire appearance?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• GreenTea
    GreenTea
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Zenimax friends,

I'm most excited that I can now share my love of tea with my friends in the Ebonheart Pact and beyond, especially 'Telvanni Tea'. <3

sNnUsB4.png

However, there are a few concerns I have. First off, my signature meal 'Kwama Quice' is no longer in my recipe book. Also, my beloved Moon Sugar stash has somehow mysteriously turned into... Beets? Let us not get into my Sujamma...

Is there a possibility of some of the older recipes returning? And Moon Sugar being added back to the ingredients list for us sweet toothed Khajiit?

Thank you for your time,
    Tea
    Watch me derp around playing ESO twitch.tv/tea_the_khajiit
    In-game info: @Greeentea (with Three E's)
    Main: Ki'tea
    Morrowind Roleplayer since launch!
  • td4620_ESO
    with the collection system helping us on stray items in our inventory, What about all the trophies that are also cluttering up space as well?
    X-Raided
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    Console Communication
    1. How will zone chat, guild chat and trade chat work on the console version? I understand there will be mic chat for partieson the console version but what about guild chat, zone chat, trade chat? Will there be an option for voice to text?

Edited by EsORising on February 19, 2015 7:32PM
  • Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    PTS QUESTION:is Radiant Destruction supposed to be hitting for 17k+?
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    DLC
    How does DLC work? Do we own it after downloading it? For example if I choose to buy DLC i will have that, but if i aquire DLC because i have a tamerial unlimited subscription will i get to keep that content or have access to it, if I choose to opt out of the month payments later down the road.
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any attack speed buff plans in the near future for champion system or otherwise. Since haste was taken away in 1.6 there are 0 attack speed buffs for anyone. Haste kinda of a made the rouge a rouge being able to attack fast, it's sad to see it go.
  • EsORising
    EsORising
    ✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    I am looking to buy the game for PC and I understand that there was only a select window of time to allow players to transfer characters from PC to Console but do you have any plans to make it a purchasable service or are you going to require players to simply restart from scratch upon it's release for next gen consoles? IF that's the case then I think I might postpone my purchase.

I saw something about that at the very bottom of the ESO : unlimited FAQ

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/

It said nothing about a time window. Just that they would inform you via email if you are eligible... not sure if they will do it when it launches on console.

hope that helped.

You saw an error message? Because thats all i get when clicking on that....
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    Why did you decide to cripple the sorcerer skill Surge/Critical Surge?

Also, when are we getting an appearence change option like Face sculptors?

with changes to impenetrable crit surge would be way too OP in pvp, like it was in pve before, no aoe should return almost half damage done as heal, it's just too OP so it was fixed, same things like vob and reflective scales were fixed.
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    EsORising wrote: »
    Is there any attack speed buff plans in the near future for champion system or otherwise. Since haste was taken away in 1.6 there are 0 attack speed buffs for anyone. Haste kinda of a made the rouge a rouge being able to attack fast, it's sad to see it go.

attack speed is gone since animation cancel is here to stay, it just doesn't matter that much now. tho heavy attack weaving would benefit from that.
  • Adambomb1200
    Are we going to be able to make our own biographies on our characters and let others read it when they click on our name in the reticle menu or even in friend list?
  • jaibierwb17_ESO
    jaibierwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Draconis wrote: »
    will there ever , or are there plays to introduce larger group dungeons to help inspire more players to work together?

There already is. They're called trials.

• prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draconis wrote: »
    will there ever , or are there plays to introduce larger group dungeons to help inspire more players to work together?

There already is. They're called trials.
    or even bigger - Cyrodiil xD
  • jaibierwb17_ESO
    jaibierwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    EsORising wrote: »

2.)Will ZoS Ban international IP's and VPN's? Usually when a game goes b2p or f2p the international community (South America/Russia/China) >:) with their insane population and high latency flood the servers creating massive lag and ruining the experience. I've seen a lack of policing of international IP's ruin many many F2p MMO's. :# Is ZoS considering this?

What, so you think that because I'm Australian I shouldn't be allowed to play? That's a bit rude.
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the questions that we answered during the January 30th episode of ESO Live! If we didn't get to your question, keep posting in this thread for a chance to be featured in a future AUA segment!

Post Updated on 2/2

If I buy ESO today in a box, or from a certain digital game distributor, will their codes still work? Even passed the date of ESO: Unlimited launch?

Yes. If you purchase a physical or digital copy of The Elder Scrolls Online today, your game code will still work. This will also be the case if you do so after March 17th. Our account system will automatically update your game to Tamriel Unlimited when you patch and log in to play.

Is Spellcrafting still being worked on? Will it be in the game before console release?

Spellcrafting is not being worked on at the moment, but it is still planned. We’ve worked on it quite a bit, but other work such as the Justice and Champion Systems were prioritized over it. That’s the nature of development and live development especially. We’ll get back to it when we can.

I would like to hear more on how Enlightenment works. Do we have to be offline to gain it? Or does everyone (regardless of time played) receive the same amount of Enlightenment every 24/hours?

Everyone receives the same amount of Enlightenment for a 24 hour period. Think of it as a clock; when it strikes 12:00PM, everyone has Enlightenment added.

Will there be an update with another Daedric Prince who will try to threaten us all?

Maybe! Anything is possible in MMO game development. If this is something we end up doing, you can be sure we’ll make a big announcement about it.

Do you do motion capture with optical systems for animations or are you just animating by looking at video references? What was the deciding factor in choosing this route?

Currently we don’t use motion capture animation. All our animation is hand-keyed by our animators, often using video reference. We chose to use the more traditional methods based on the stylized nature of our game design as it was evolving. As we look to the future, using motion capture with optical systems for certain situations is something that we may consider.

When talking about being able to stealth in NPC's notice area, does this include the Cyrodiil flag NPCs? And how about the changes to the stealth "hidden" eye, does this include NPCs that are currently able to instantly spot you (e.g. Cyrodiil flag NPCs)?

Cyrodiil remains untouched by the Justice System changes for stealth detection. Everything in Cyrodiil, including guard behavior at keeps and resources, functions just as it did prior to Update 6.

Will we ever see places in the game that are familiar to all fans, like Balmora, Seyda Neen and others? If we compare the map of the world in ESO and the world map of Tamriel in general, we see a lot of missed locations.

We certainly hope so!

Why is caltrops proc'ing as a melee attack? This causes Red Diamond passive (heal) to proc without cooldown which is kind of silly.

This is a bug, and will be fixed before Update 6 goes live.

Will you move some of the Wayshrines and guild traders to be more in line with those in Rawl'kha where the Wayshrine, 5 guild vendors, Bank, daily crafting quest turn-ins, and crafting stations are all right on top of each other?

This is an interesting suggestion, but we don’t have any current plans to move them.

Will PvP players see new set items like Arch Mage Rings for better set combinations in the future?

We will be releasing new item sets in the future. Stay tuned for details!

Would it be possible to make the skeletons from the gemstone of skeletal visage race and gender specific? At the moment you are turned into a generic male human skeleton.

That is a great suggestion, and we’ll look into the possibility of doing so in future update.

Will players who purchased the game on PC and are eligible to transfer to PS4 or Xbox1 be able to do so by the console release date?

Yes! We plan to make the transfer option available to those who are eligible well before June. We will contact all who are eligible via email wen the transfer option is available on our site.

What, if any, assurance can be offered to your current subscribers that the crown store won't be pushed and pointed to at every opportunity as box sales plateau and the store becomes a larger portion of income - for those of us who associate cash shops with increasingly negative experiences within MMOs?

We believe much of the negative connotation with cash shops stems from the fact that often, when a game undergoes such a change, the game is manipulated and affected in ways that make it less fun unless you spend money in the store. That is not the approach we want to take. We might offer things that relieve some in-game friction, but we won’t be adding friction to the game. We will continue to develop items for the Crown Store that sell convenience and customization.

We operate under the philosophy that the more people participating in longer play-sessions with friends and just enjoying themselves in the game, the more opportunities there will be for our community to find something they may want to purchase in the Crown Store. Our plan is to stock the store with offerings that make our players excited to invest further in their experience. We understand that many will simply buy and play the base game, and that’s great too!

Why can't we build campfires with all the wood we cut?

While we have no specific plans for this, we love to hear player ideas on new ways to use existing items in the game. Please keep the suggestions coming!

If new zones are going to scale to your level, does that mean they will be instanced, and that we therefore won't be able to see any other players if we're not grouped?

No, it doesn’t mean new zones will be instanced. We’ll release details when we’re a little closer to releasing new zones.

If we are allowed to copy our characters to Xbox One, can we then go back to PC and continue to play that account? Do I pay two different subs for Xbox and PC?

If you are eligible to transfer your characters from PC/Mac to PS4 or Xbox One, your characters will be copied. So, you’ll have your characters on PC/Mac, and a copy of them on either PS4 or Xbox One. You will need a PC/Mac account and a PS4 or Xbox One account. They are, for all intents and purposes, separate. So, if you choose to purchase an ESO Plus membership, you would need one for your PC/Mac account, and one for your PS4 or Xbox One account.

Will you offer new Motifs in the new Crown Store?

New motifs are being discussed for future DLC that will be offered in the Crown Store. So in that way: Definitely. As to whether or not we’ll offer Motifs a la carte, that isn’t decided.

Will bounties from one faction areas carry over to another? I play Ebonheart Pact and would not like to be known as a criminal in that faction and still want people to speak to me in that faction. If I got to a DC area and rack up a bounty will I only be seen as a criminal there, and will I only have a bounty when in that factions areas?

Bounties are universal in ESO (but not account-wide). This means if one of your characters has accrued a bounty, he or she will have a bounty everywhere in Tamriel. We went back and forth on this quite a bit. In the end, we felt it was too easy to game the system without consequence if bounties were not universal.

Is Wrothgar still going to be a solo zone? Is Murkmire still going to be a group zone?

Wrothgar will be a zone very much like Auridon, Rivenspire, etc. However, it won’t have level requirements.
    Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on February 2, 2015 2:48PM
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • jaibierwb17_ESO
    jaibierwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    here are my questions:
    1) where is Vvardenfell, is Vvardenfell going to be added?
    2) where is the dark brotherhood?
    3) where is the thieves guild?

thank you

I hope they add them soon! But it might be a bit hard since they're in Skyrim, and I don't remember hearing anything about them being located anywhere else in Tamriel... So players would be able to access it long before other players.

No, the Thieves Guild features in all TES games throughout Tamriel including Cyrodill. It would not be lore breaking to have a Thieves Guild base in each faction.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will bounties from one faction areas carry over to another? I play Ebonheart Pact and would not like to be known as a criminal in that faction and still want people to speak to me in that faction. If I got to a DC area and rack up a bounty will I only be seen as a criminal there, and will I only have a bounty when in that factions areas?

Bounties are universal (account-wide) in the ESO. We went back and forth on this quite a bit. In the end, we felt it was too easy to game the system without consequence if bounties were not universal.

@ZoS_JasonLeavey Wait.. ACCOUNTWIDE? So I cant play five lawfully good characters and one rogue/assassin? When I log onto my goodie two shoes, they have the others bounty?
    Edited by Darlgon on January 31, 2015 1:26AM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here are the questions that we answered during the January 30th episode of ESO Live! If we didn't get to your question, keep posting in this thread for a chance to be featured in a future AUA segment!

If I buy ESO today in a box, or from a certain digital game distributor, will their codes still work? Even passed the date of ESO: Unlimited launch?

Yes. If you purchase a physical or digital copy of The Elder Scrolls Online today, your game code will still work. This will also be the case if you do so after March 17th. Our account system will automatically update your game to Tamriel Unlimited when you patch and log in to play.

Is Spellcrafting still being worked on? Will it be in the game before console release?

Spellcrafting is not being worked on at the moment, but it is still planned. We’ve worked on it quite a bit, but other work such as the Justice and Champion Systems were prioritized over it. That’s the nature of development and live development especially. We’ll get back to it when we can.

With the Justice System, when attacking someone for their bounty, is it a 1 on 1 initiated fight or will everyone be able to attack a player with a bounty on his/her head?

This is getting into the specifics of the PvP portion of the Justice System, which is not in Update 6. The idea is you would have to be an Enforcer to dish out Justice. So long as you were flagged an Enforcer, you would be able to freely attack any criminal—or Outlaw. However, criminals would also be able to freely attack you.

I would like to hear more on how Enlightenment works. Do we have to be offline to gain it? Or does everyone (regardless of time played) receive the same amount of Enlightenment every 24/hours?

Everyone receives the same amount of Enlightenment for a 24 hour period. Think of it as a clock; when it strikes 12:00PM, everyone has Enlightenment added.

Will there be an update with another Daedric Prince who will try to threaten us all?

Maybe! Anything is possible in MMO game development. If this is something we end up doing, you can be sure we’ll make a big announcement about it.

Do you do motion capture with optical systems for animations or are you just animating by looking at video references? What was the deciding factor in choosing this route?

Currently we don’t use motion capture animation. All our animation is hand-keyed by our animators, often using video reference. We chose to use the more traditional methods based on the stylized nature of our game design as it was evolving. As we look to the future, using motion capture with optical systems for certain situations is something that we may consider.

When talking about being able to stealth in NPC's notice area, does this include the Cyrodiil flag NPCs? And how about the changes to the stealth "hidden" eye, does this include NPCs that are currently able to instantly spot you (e.g. Cyrodiil flag NPCs)?

Cyrodiil remains untouched by the Justice System changes for stealth detection. Everything in Cyrodiil, including guard behavior at keeps and resources, functions just as it did prior to Update 6.

Will we ever see places in the game that are familiar to all fans, like Balmora, Seyda Neen and others? If we compare the map of the world in ESO and the world map of Tamriel in general, we see a lot of missed locations.

We certainly hope so!

Why is caltrops proc'ing as a melee attack? This causes Red Diamond passive (heal) to proc without cooldown which is kind of silly.

This is a bug, and will be fixed before Update 6 goes live.

Will you move some of the Wayshrines and guild traders to be more in line with those in Rawl'kha where the Wayshrine, 5 guild vendors, Bank, daily crafting quest turn-ins, and crafting stations are all right on top of each other?

This is an interesting suggestion, but we don’t have any current plans to move them.

Will PvP players see new set items like Arch Mage Rings for better set combinations in the future?

We will be releasing new item sets in the future. Stay tuned for details!

Would it be possible to make the skeletons from the gemstone of skeletal visage race and gender specific? At the moment you are turned into a generic male human skeleton.

That is a great suggestion, and we’ll look into the possibility of doing so in future update.

Will players who purchased the game on PC and are eligible to transfer to PS4 or Xbox1 be able to do so by the console release date?

Yes! We plan to make the transfer option available to those who are eligible well before June. We will contact all who are eligible via email wen the transfer option is available on our site.

What, if any, assurance can be offered to your current subscribers that the crown store won't be pushed and pointed to at every opportunity as box sales plateau and the store becomes a larger portion of income - for those of us who associate cash shops with increasingly negative experiences within MMOs?

We believe much of the negative connotation with cash shops stems from the fact that often, when a game undergoes such a change, the game is manipulated and affected in ways that make it less fun unless you spend money in the store. That is not the approach we want to take. We might offer things that relieve some in-game friction, but we won’t be adding friction to the game. We will continue to develop items for the Crown Store that sell convenience and customization.

We operate under the philosophy that the more people participating in longer play-sessions with friends and just enjoying themselves in the game, the more opportunities there will be for our community to find something they may want to purchase in the Crown Store.

Our plan is to stock the store with offerings that make our players excited to invest further in their experience. We understand that many will simply buy and play the base game, and that’s great too!

Why can't we build campfires with all the wood we cut?

While we have no specific plans for this, we love to hear player ideas on new ways to use existing items in the game. Please keep the suggestions coming!

If new zones are going to scale to your level, does that mean they will be instanced, and that we therefore won't be able to see any other players if we're not grouped?

No, it doesn’t mean new zones will be instanced. We’ll release details when we’re a little closer to releasing new zones.

If we are allowed to copy our characters to Xbox One, can we then go back to PC and continue to play that account? Do I pay two different subs for Xbox and PC?

If you are eligible to transfer your characters from PC/Mac to PS4 or Xbox One, your characters will be copied. So, you’ll have your characters on PC/Mac, and a copy of them on either PS4 or Xbox One. You will need a PC/Mac account and a PS4 or Xbox One account. They are, for all intents and purposes, separate. So, if you choose to purchase an ESO Plus membership, you would need one for your PC/Mac account, and one for your PS4 or Xbox One account.

Will you offer new Motifs in the new Crown Store?

New motifs are being discussed for future DLC that will be offered in the Crown Store. So in that way: Definitely. As to whether or not we’ll offer Motifs a la carte, that isn’t decided.

Bounties are universal (account-wide) in the ESO. We went back and forth on this quite a bit. In the end, we felt it was too easy to game the system without consequence if bounties were not universal.

Is Wrothgar still going to be a solo zone? Is Murkmire still going to be a group zone?

Wrothgar will be a zone very much like Auridon, Rivenspire, etc. However, it won’t have level requirements.

They already confirmed that the new zones will be scaling players to the zone not scaling the zone to players so it will be similar to the boosting like in cyrodiil is my guess.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be a solution to the current situation where camps are still around/working in Cyrodiil?

Right now on the EU mega server one faction still retains a large number of camps purchased the day before their removal (due to patch notes listing the change the day before) giving them quite the advantage in teleporting across the map at will.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
This discussion has been closed.