The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Motifs Sold Via Crown Store.

Turelus
Turelus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So on ESO live tonight it seems ZOS announced that Motifs would indeed eventually come to the Crown Store.

Sadly this reminds me much of SWTOR and what killed that game for me, all the important items you wanted were moved to the store instead of taking meaningful gameplay to achieve. :disappointed:
@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, hopefully they will not go through with this.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't watch, but did they say that all motifs would go on the store? Or were they talking about potentially adding exclusive motifs to the store?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crown store WILL ruin this game, like it has with every game before it! :neutral_face:
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nerevarine1138 it sounded like they would be new ones, not sure on too many details just that they were asked if they would be there and said yes they did plan on adding some.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    @nerevarine1138 it sounded like they would be new ones, not sure on too many details just that they were asked if they would be there and said yes they did plan on adding some.

In that case, I don't see the issue. As long as the motifs are exclusive to the Crown Store, then it's squarely outside of the pay-to-skip-content category. If, however, they're putting things like Daedric on there, I'd have a bit more of a problem with it. That could seriously disrupt the in-game economy.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue for me is I saw how this went with SWTOR. Content was becoming less worth doing because all the items you wanted were buy from the store only.

Each item added to the crown store as an exclusive is one less item in the game to play for.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That isn't what they said.

They said there will be new motifs with the DLC. The DLC is on the Crown store. The Motifs are a PART of the DLC.

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They said there will be new motifs with the DLC. The DLC is on the Crown store. The Motifs are a PART of the DLC.

This makes much more sense, and that is absolutely not a problem.

Although it'll be interesting if people can buy those motifs at auction. Could make for some very pricey fashion.
    ----
    Murray?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Thats what I got from it. Not them selling the motifs directly.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This makes much more sense, and that is absolutely not a problem.

Although it'll be interesting if people can buy those motifs at auction. Could make for some very pricey fashion.

Pretty sure this was addressed on Reddit, where they said motifs and any item made from them could be sold in ESO at large regardless if buyers did not have that DLC. And ESO+ subbers will have access to all DLC without spending crowns.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So on ESO live tonight it seems ZOS announced that Motifs would indeed eventually come to the Crown Store.

Sadly this reminds me much of SWTOR and what killed that game for me, all the important items you wanted were moved to the store instead of taking meaningful gameplay to achieve. :disappointed:

By meaningful gameplay are we talking about logging in and out of inns?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is good. Hopefully the motifs in the DLC will be obtainable as quest rewards or drops from bosses, rather than requiring motif farming...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    kieso wrote: »
    By meaningful gameplay are we talking about logging in and out of inns?

To be fair this will be a lot harder post 1.6 (justice system etc).

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, it seemed like the other way to me. Maybe my high temperature from this man flu is making me hallucinate as well. :disagree:

Well if I am wrong then I put my hand up and say sorry for the misinformation.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as the motifs on the store are available in game I don't care. Unique motifs on the store would indeed be an issue.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's not at all how I heard it. I heard that with the next DLC, new motifs will be available from the crown store.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such is the mechanic of a crown store.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Aevric
    Aevric
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't consider random motif drops as "meaningful gameplay".
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, i like the idea.
  • StaticWax
    StaticWax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they make a Big Labowski themed Motif so we can have thousands of Jackie Treehorns running around. :D
    I wish nothing but joy for everyone.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hell no!!!!!!!!
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what... they need to gain money from the store and its nothing the give players better stats.

Its all fine.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    So what... they need to gain money from the store.
    Its all fine.

Famous last words.

• Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that they made it sound it would be part of the new dlcs. Not individual purchases.
  • Dave2836
    Dave2836
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find motifs to be all that exciting. Traits on the other hand are far more important.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, what was "meaningful" about relog farming the banks? Because that was how I got all my motifs, including the purple ones, and it was BORING.

The Imperial motif was sold for cash from day one, so I don't see the big deal.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Nacario
    Nacario
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously if they add motifs to the store itll further take away the sense of epicness when u see someone with it, and instead of thinking "that person got it from hard work" you'll just smell crown store long way.

Whats so funny is that they claim its B2P, yet they keep on with the subscription option to make more money, along with the cash shop with F2P methods.
  • Verdwhisper
    Verdwhisper
    ✭✭✭
    I would not see motif farming atm is the right way to do it, Such a waste of time.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

This is correct. We are currently discussing having some motifs available as part of future DLC. Whether or not we will offer them by themselves has not yet been decided.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • briandivisionb16_ESO
    briandivisionb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    #CosmeticOnlyOrBye
    If your group is bigger than 6 members gain 75% damage reduction.

Write this on the back of your box and see how many sales you get!

You won't get any new PvP players until this archaic AoE crap is fixed.
    I for one won't resub until:
    1.) You fix lag.
    2.) You remove AOE caps we voted against.
    3.) 12 months have passed (this is how long we've waited for you to 'get with it')[/b]