The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 6 PTS Events

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
We’re excited to begin testing Update 6 on the PTS with you! To help facilitate focused feedback and testing for specific systems, we’re holding a few testing events. We hope you’ll consider participating!

Crown Store Testing
When the Crown Store opens this Monday, everyone will be given 5,500 crowns to use on a shopping spree. You can buy whatever you like, as much as you like. In fact, it’s encouraged. These crowns and the purchased items don’t carry over to the live megaservers—they’re just for testing purposes—but we hope you have fun with them.

Part of this coordinated effort is stress testing the Crown Store. During the test, we’ll give out in-game instructions such as when to spam the store with purchases, when to stop, what to focus on, etc. After the test, you’re welcome to use all the items you purchased for the remainder of time your character is on the PTS (including during the PVP event!)

When: Monday, February 2nd at 6:00 PM EST – The testing will take only about 10 minutes
Where: On the ESO Playtest Server (you can be anywhere as long as you’re logged in.)
Event Goals: Help us stress test the Crown Store by buying items during the specified time.

Clash in Cyrodiil – Fight the Devs!
Join members of the ESO dev team in Cyrodiil for an hour of fun-filled fighting, death, and mayhem! We’ll evenly split up ESO team members between the three alliances and battle alongside you—and against you—for control of specific keeps in Cyrodiil.

When: Monday, February 2nd at 7:00PM - 8:00PM EST
Where: Cyrodiil in the Haderus Campaign, on the ESO Playtest Server (battle over Fort Glademist.) Aldmeri Dominion forces are to gather at Fort Ash; Daggerfall Covenent forces are to meet at Glademist Keep; Ebonheart Pact forces are to gather at Fort Aleswell
Event Goals: Test the Champion System, new ability and rebalance changes (especially to AoE abilities), and new animations.

Crime Wave – Justice System Test
Channel your inner outlaw and help us test the Justice System. This test is not for the faint of heart—stealing, breaking and entering, and murder is needed. If you’re inclined to thwart the efforts of evil-doers, using any means possible to hinder those who are breaking the law is also encouraged.

When: Friday, January 30th (all day)
Where: Windhelm (in Eastmarch), on the ESO Playtest Server (please use a template if you don’t have an Ebonheart Pact character to participate.)
Event Goals: A large-scale playtest in a major city, with a focus on performing Justice System activities. We’re looking for people to play as they normally would in Windhelm, for solo players and groups to do Justice System activities and work together to simulate a guild sweeping into a city and coordinating a raid on the town. We also encourage trying to hinder others who are attempting to pursue Justice System activities.

Livestreaming Update 6
Throughout the Update 6 testing period, many livestreamers from within the ESO community will be sharing their adventures and experiences on the PTS. Community member Heroofnone is coordinating the effort—we’ll be watching your streams and collecting live feedback, so please let us know about them! We may even share our favorites on the ESO social media channels.
When: Going on now, through the duration of the Update 6 testing period
Where: Twitch, on various channels
Event Goals: Show us your Update 6 livestreams to help us gather live feedback!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id love to know who will be playing for what alliance, this sounds fun as always.

On a side note, how do players hinder others in the justice system?
    Edited by derpsticks on January 28, 2015 9:27PM
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Devs have to use their real names in Cyrodill right? :)
  • kenpachi480
    kenpachi480
    ✭✭✭
    derpsticks wrote: »

jup i like to know too
    Pain and Dead are the cost to the enjoyment of Battle

Captain Otter Wildwater - DK - V12 - EP
    GoS Vassal - Templar - V16 - EP
    Captain Izanagi Tsukiko - Sorc - still lvling - EP

Best selfclaimed Healer of Ebonheart Pact NA
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    And, what constitutes a 'sweeping raid into the city'. Do they intend to make guards city raid bosses at some point?
    Edited by BalerionBlackDread on January 28, 2015 11:05PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We’re excited to begin testing Update 6 on the PTS with you! To help facilitate focused feedback and testing for specific systems, we’re holding a few testing events. We hope you’ll consider participating!

Channel your inner outlaw and help us test the Justice System. This test is not for the faint of heart—stealing, breaking and entering, and murder is needed. If you’re inclined to thwart the efforts of evil-doers, using any means possible to hinder those who are breaking the law is also encouraged.

Where: Windhelm (in Eastmarch), on the ESO Playtest Server (please use a template if you don’t have an Ebonheart Pact character to participate.)
    Event Goals: A large-scale playtest in a major city, with a focus on performing Justice System activities. We’re looking for people to play as they normally would in Windhelm, for solo players and groups to do Justice System activities and work together to simulate a guild sweeping into a city and coordinating a raid on the town. We also encourage trying to hinder others who are attempting to pursue Justice System activities.

YES. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That perma block damage shield stacking lag filled, stealth broken mess known as PvP can wait. this.... this I HAVE to attend.
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    "(please use a template if you don’t have an Ebonheart Pact character to participate.)"

So, can I use my V14 AD toon? Or does it have to be an EP based character?
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "(please use a template if you don’t have an Ebonheart Pact character to participate.)"

It has to be an EP based character. If it's AD or DC, then they won't appear in the same version of Windhelm as everyone else for this event.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »

It has to be an EP based character. If it's AD or DC, then they won't appear in the same version of Windhelm as everyone else for this event.

Damn, thanks for the clarification
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Clash in Cyrodiil – Fight the Devs!
    Join members of the ESO dev team in Cyrodiil for an hour of fun-filled fighting, death, and mayhem! We’ll evenly split up ESO team members between the three alliances and battle alongside you—and against you—for control of specific keeps in Cyrodiil.

When: Monday, February 2nd at 7:00PM - 8:00PM EST
    Where: Cyrodiil in the Haderus Campaign, on the ESO Playtest Server (battle over Fort Glademist.) Aldmeri Dominion forces are to gather at Fort Ash; Daggerfall Covenent forces are to meet at Glademist Keep; Ebonheart Pact forces are to gather at Fort Aleswell
    Event Goals: Test the Champion System, new ability and rebalance changes (especially to AoE abilities), and new animations.

Any chance you could hold a 2nd date with a more EU friendly time once our characters get copied over?

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Max2497
    Max2497
    ✭✭✭
    Is Monday during the Crown Store stress test the only time we will be able to use crowns? I'll be at work but would like to test new pets and mounts.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Max2497 wrote: »
    Is Monday during the Crown Store stress test the only time we will be able to use crowns? I'll be at work but would like to test new pets and mounts.
    Once we open the store on Monday, it will remain open for the duration Update 6 is on the PTS and you can spend your crowns anytime. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoS_jessicafolsom Sorry Jess.. All day tomorrow.. Aussie time? (that means now) Norwegian Standard Time zone?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »

Damn, thanks for the clarification

You must join the master alliance to participate.

If you wish to remain a disgusting, pathetic, useless, tribunal worshiping reject of Sithis that is part of DC or AD, that's your choice:D but no justice system raid for you!!!!

muhahahahahahah

In all seriousness, I hope they do this for the other two alliances at some point.
    Edited by Cody on January 29, 2015 11:24PM
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    In all seriousness, I hope they do this for the other two alliances at some point.

I hope they can find a way to do this. I know these magical computational future machines are hard, but I'd like to see them do something really kooky like has NA and EU characters copied at teh same timezz
  • Khorak
    Khorak
    Soul Shriven

jup i like to know too

It sounds like they want to see what kind of creative things people can come up with so they can see what may get broken... and what they may need to adjust because it could lead to griefing or trolling of other players.
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does one player talking to a guard distract them from attacking another player with a higher bounty?

Nightblade cloak is easy to use to quickly steal anything even standing next to a guard. I made 3-4k in minimal time in daggerfall with a lvl 4 just checking containers for a green or blue, exiting the loot window, cloaking, then relooting the container. It was too easy and I consider it a joke. Looting should not be allowed while cloaked.
    Edited by derpsticks on January 30, 2015 6:10AM
  • Blackmoon777
    Blackmoon777
    ✭✭✭
    Do EU players have their characyter copied this Monday?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clash in Cyrodiil – Fight the Devs! will be after EU transfer or before?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one will be stealing as much as she can in Windhelm this evening UK time (about 7 till 8 ish) - whatever time the actual event is.

Because testing ... not because this one likes to steal or anything. Also this one is still searching for the sugar that must still be in the game somewhere. Must be. This one must keep looking for the sugar.

Wave if you see Lucky Lightclaws on your travels. Also watch your pockets.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And, what constitutes a 'sweeping raid into the city'. Do they intend to make guards city raid bosses at some point?
    @BalerionBlackDread‌ , if the FTC is correct, they already are at 5 million HP's each...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the servers for PTS in Wind helm seem pretty unstable this AM. I keep getting kicked from game. Then randomly when in game in Windhelm, I can't click E even after reloading the UI, or I find myself back in time four or five steps...then I get kicked from game again. (error 108 7:5:313:0)
    No add-ons, running a straight connection to router/T100. Restarted game and Crashing back to Play screen still happens. Maybe too many people picking pockets? LOL
    Going to try without using launcher. Wish me luck
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok well that didn't work LOL...even clicking /bug to convey my character was stuck in stealth crashed the game. Then error 200 (7:4:409:597) BBL
    Edited by SLy_Kyti on January 30, 2015 5:35PM
    Member~ NZAD
  • Drawberrry
    Drawberrry
    ✭✭✭
    I am so excited!☆*・゜゚・*(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

Will @zos_jessicafolsom and @zos_ginabruno be in PVP? Or do you normally host the event?
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clash in Cyrodiil – Fight the Devs! please, everybody stack shields. lets show then what isnt funny.
    Edited by Lorkhan on January 30, 2015 6:31PM
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    Windhelm event is heating up.....everyone get over there
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    Clash in Cyrodiil – Fight the Devs! please, everybody stack shields. lets show then what isnt funny.

PLEASE stack as many shields as possible guys.

I am serious, show these buffoons what a problem it is.
    Edited by Cody on January 30, 2015 6:57PM
  • Crogster
    Crogster
    ✭✭✭
    Lets crash the server and show them what needs to be fixed in pvp :open_mouth:
    Phoenix Templar
    V16 Sorc
    EDC - Guild Leader/ Founder(30/3/14) , SWAT, DEI Alliance
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    friday couldn't get on test server lots of error codes and one new page popping up with endless error loop. good luck with event. constant error code 200 when logging in in full screen mode got in in windowed mode no problem. Getting huge cpu spikes leading to Error Error <<1>> then string of error error and crash to login screen.
    Edited by danovic on January 30, 2015 9:43PM
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    danovic wrote: »
    friday couldn't get on test server lots of error codes and one new page popping up with endless error loop. good luck with event. constant error code 200 when logging in in full screen mode got in in windowed mode no problem.
    Sad, had a blast last time with devs. This time no Buenos
    Member~ NZAD
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does one player talking to a guard distract them from attacking another player with a higher bounty?

Nightblade cloak is easy to use to quickly steal anything even standing next to a guard. I made 3-4k in minimal time in daggerfall with a lvl 4 just checking containers for a green or blue, exiting the loot window, cloaking, then relooting the container. It was too easy and I consider it a joke. Looting should not be allowed while cloaked.

What's the point of being a Nightblade if it doesn't give you some kind of sneaky advantage? ;)
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword