The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

One vs Twenty

Ommamar
Ommamar
✭✭✭✭
So last night one of my guilds had a AvA event. They generally do at least one on the weekend with the idea of to get together and have fun. The level spread is pretty wide but the objective is to group as a guild not necessarily dominate or take objectives.
So we finally got semi serious and where moving in mass to try and take a wood mill. On the way there we ran across an enemy VR14 sorcerer who killed a couple of the lower levels. We ressed and where getting ready to move when he came back probably liking the easy kills. The fight lasted around ten minutes we simply couldn't keep him in range with him using bolt escape and vamp skills he managed to kill all of us, with several of us being VR levels although no one higher then VR7.
I understand VR14s should be powerful as they put in the time. But to take out 20 people? I really don't understand how I still see threads about how to fix the sorcerers or how weak they are when a well played one is able to do that.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never ever chase a bolt sorc. Everyone stealth and get within 10m of each other. Not stacked (bolt escape will ruin your day if you stack) but close to each other, and then set out a tank as bait.

Sorc ded.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sending you sum hot coco N bath beads . This could take sum time to heal from .
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ommamar wrote: »
    I understand VR14s should be powerful as they put in the time. But to take out 20 people?

Because it's not 20 on 1, but succession of 1 vs N fights, when N is more manageable number. If it's more than N, he will bolt until it's spread out and becomes N.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If my 20 man group wiped on a lone sorc i wouldn't dare mention it on forums. Oh the shame !
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damn .. That sorc made some nice ap. Where is your group from and what faction?

Please don't say DC... If not DC then can I come play :)
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs are the weakest class right now. BE stun spam is all they can really do nowadays:D

Do not chase a BE using sorc unless you know you can catch them, or if you are like me and just do it for the heck of it every now and then.

You can also get someone with a shield to help you: you will find your odds of killing that sorc greatly increase.
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    You weren't playing on his buff server where you?
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wish there was a video.
    Edited by Armitas on December 21, 2014 4:46PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Guide to chasing sorcs" ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Epsilon_Echo
    Epsilon_Echo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Sorcs are the weakest class right now. BE stun spam is all they can really do nowadays:D

Do not chase a BE using sorc unless you know you can catch them, or if you are like me and just do it for the heck of it every now and then.

You can also get someone with a shield to help you: you will find your odds of killing that sorc greatly increase.

If they'really the weakest class shouldn't you always chase them? Logically your worst odds are if you are a sorc, in which case you would have a 50/50 chance, all other things being equal. Unless of course a tactical sorc is actually not a pushover, in which case you SHOULD fear them.

I get that logic is hard but this classism crap is old.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So last night one of my guilds had a AvA event. They generally do at least one on the weekend with the idea of to get together and have fun. The level spread is pretty wide but the objective is to group as a guild not necessarily dominate or take objectives.
    So we finally got semi serious and where moving in mass to try and take a wood mill. On the way there we ran across an enemy VR14 sorcerer who killed a couple of the lower levels. We ressed and where getting ready to move when he came back probably liking the easy kills. The fight lasted around ten minutes we simply couldn't keep him in range with him using bolt escape and vamp skills he managed to kill all of us, with several of us being VR levels although no one higher then VR7.
    I understand VR14s should be powerful as they put in the time. But to take out 20 people? I really don't understand how I still see threads about how to fix the sorcerers or how weak they are when a well played one is able to do that.

If you didn't have anyone above V7 and no one telling you how to kill a sorc you didn't have any experienced players. Not the right time to go complain on the forums about some random fact in the situation while having no idea how you died at all.
    The sorc couldn't just kill any V1 + while you are in range of each other and have some experience in PvP.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk about the sorc stuff but if you kindly bring your guild to the imperial bridge we can work on fighting a DK :wink:
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

If you didn't have anyone above V7 and no one telling you how to kill a sorc you didn't have any experienced players. Not the right time to go complain on the forums about some random fact in the situation while having no idea how you died at all.
    The sorc couldn't just kill any V1 + while you are in range of each other and have some experience in PvP.

<Scratches head> What!!?

Some did chase and where yelled at in Vent then sent back to the keep with no res. The stealth strategy sounds good but that would take some planning since it was a spur of the moment fight be hard to set up. Honestly I wasn't to concerned at first until he started spreading people out getting the mentioned 1 on 3 fights. As to faction I have seen similar situations occur in all factions just never a 20 on 1 fight go that way. But of course I don't yet have a VR14 character so I am guessing the quoted players opinion is that you can't possibly have any experience or thoughts on the PvP you can do from level 10 up.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

<Scratches head> What!!?

Some did chase and where yelled at in Vent then sent back to the keep with no res. The stealth strategy sounds good but that would take some planning since it was a spur of the moment fight be hard to set up. Honestly I wasn't to concerned at first until he started spreading people out getting the mentioned 1 on 3 fights. As to faction I have seen similar situations occur in all factions just never a 20 on 1 fight go that way. But of course I don't yet have a VR14 character so I am guessing the quoted players opinion is that you can't possibly have any experience or thoughts on the PvP you can do from level 10 up.

I can garuntee you that if you guys had just 1 or 2 experienced killers or healers then that sorc would have been done for (assuming he wasn't an emperor?)

Don't let this experience leave a bad taste for you and your guild. Use at as motivation that one day all 20 of you could potentially become as good or better than the sorc. Keep practicing and master the mechanics, you'll eventually get there.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take 'Working as Intended' for $500 Alex.

A: Nearly unkillable unless you know when to burst them, this very mobile opponent will separate you from large groups and wear down your resources for easy kills.

Q: What is a Bolt Escape Shield Stacking Sorc?

Alex: That is correct!
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a VR14 sorc. Can I farm you too? :smiley:

More seriously, it seems you would have all been killed by an experienced player of any class. Practice some PvP, check out some guides, join a guild, go on TS for more coordinated raids... Anyway, don't give up because you were farmed once!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If they'really the weakest class shouldn't you always chase them? Logically your worst odds are if you are a sorc, in which case you would have a 50/50 chance, all other things being equal. Unless of course a tactical sorc is actually not a pushover, in which case you SHOULD fear them.

well you can't chase them if they spam BE can you?:/ if you try too you better be spamming BE yourself
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

well you can't chase them if they spam BE can you?:/ if you try too you better be spamming BE yourself

Well you can charge after them of course.
    But let's go through the cases:

Magicka build with stamina charge:
    Sorc will be low on magicka and the chaser will be low on stamina.
    The sorcerer can't drain stamina with class skills though, but has time to regen magicka with resto attacks as long as he has stamina left, could become a fair fight.

Stamina build with stamina charge:
    If the chaser is tanky enough he will probably win. If not, he could die pretty fast when the Sorc turns around a moment, if not careful.

All class gap closers:
    Mosty won't work unless you are a sorc spamming BE as well, as said already.
    Chains are a joke, Take Flight an ultimate, Toppling Charge has it's global cooldown, Teleport Strike not a very great range and has a cast time.
    If not Bolt Escape, Toppling charge would be your best bet, it defenitely works if the sorc does not get out of range a moment. One morph of Teleport Strike could slow the Sorcerer, thus giving you a chance if you have other speed buffs (medium armor, bow, maneuver...).
    Edit: Path of Darkness is missing, it can be faster on medium to far distances, thus allowing a chase if the sorc does not manage to get out of the fight somehow before you get him low on magicka.
    Edited by ToRelax on December 21, 2014 10:06PM

• Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Have you tried chasing a sorc with critical charge and decent weapon power?

Dead sorc within 3 charges, try it!
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

If he really has to retreat, he may be dodging the arrows anyway, so won't take damage from the charges as well.

• Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If he really has to retreat, he may be dodging the arrows anyway, so won't take damage from the charges as well.

I do this all the time.. the only sorc that gets away is one who makes it to a bunch of gaurds or his group. He can only BE and doge roll so long before he is out of both resources.... and like sypher said about 3-4 hes dead.

Haven't really seen the BE then dodge roll repeat tactic to often... kinda resource suicide
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »

I do this all the time.. the only sorc that gets away is one who makes it to a bunch of gaurds or his group. He can only BE and doge roll so long before he is out of both resources.... and like sypher said about 3-4 hes dead.

Haven't really seen the BE then dodge roll repeat tactic to often... kinda resource suicide

I do it since I got my BE and it still works great ^^. The chaser can not catch up once I get an unexpected CC on him and streak around a rock or something, but as said, medium armor builds usually win then and magicka ones can make it into a 1v1 at least.

Edit:
    At least we can say it's not suiciding chasing a Sorcerer since the BE nerf in general. If someone gets killed that way he was to uncareful or the sorc just the better player.
    Edited by ToRelax on December 21, 2014 10:24PM

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On my sorc i use to roll after my streak so i would be missed by an invasion or crit charge, now i just see all sorcs just be away one after the other. its hilarious having 2k stam and staying with them. Free fast port across the map.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • MagnusRex
    MagnusRex
    ✭✭✭
    block.
    Magnus Rex Magicka Dragonknight DC EU
    Magnus Rekt U Magicka Dragonknight EP EU

KiteSquad | Fero Caedis
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This game has a fairly high skill/knowledge ceiling, you probably ran into someone who knew what they were doing, and you didn't know exactly how to counter it. It happens, but if you learn from it I doubt it will happen like that again.

That said, it's unlikely you were ever going to kill that guy. Sorcs just do what they want on the battlefield, first in and first out. When my sorcs want to get ulti they just go into a raid of people and start messing around, casually popping about in a place that would get me instadead.

This is their strength: lower dps, high survivability and mobility.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    This game has a fairly high skill/knowledge ceiling,

Oh please, this game has the skill ceiling of a house made for smurfs.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No but i'v seen others try it.

It seemd to work half the time, not every time though
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No but i'v seen others try it.

It seemd to work half the time, not every time though

If it only works half the time that's pretty healthy and balanced. It is an escape attempt after all.

I'm not a Stam build but I insist on running 1800-2000 stamina which helps keep up with a majority of the sorcs.

If timed properly, 2 of their bolts = 1 invasion or crit charge. if you avoid any stuns and other players/NPCs you'll win the resource race a majority of the time.

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    This game has a fairly high skill/knowledge ceiling, you probably ran into someone who knew what they were doing, and you didn't know exactly how to counter it. It happens, but if you learn from it I doubt it will happen like that again.

That said, it's unlikely you were ever going to kill that guy. Sorcs just do what they want on the battlefield, first in and first out. When my sorcs want to get ulti they just go into a raid of people and start messing around, casually popping about in a place that would get me instadead.

This is their strength: lower dps, high survivability and mobility.
    I take offense to that. I dont do it to build ult, I do it cuz I'm bored, or cuz my NB's been alive for too long. I kill wolves for ult.

This is why you don't take sorc advice from a NB folks.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴