The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you think ZOS has a Christmas surprise in the wings for us?

• Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    I seriously doubt it. To be honest I think they have all gone home for the holidays already.
    Only token replies on forums and no Dev speak.
    I think Gina maybe the last one out the door on Friday only because of the Live cast.
    That daft tradition everyone in the States seems to have of going back to spend time with the parents at Christmas...
    ....They should employ some English workers then we may get more actual work done.
    We get 1 day off (Christmas day) then its back to work 6 days a week 12 hours a day.

Your job must suck. Most people in the UK I know never work more than 40 hours a week and a few expats I know find the American work schedule abhorrent.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pmarsico9 wrote: »
    I seriously doubt it. To be honest I think they have all gone home for the holidays already.
    Only token replies on forums and no Dev speak.
    I think Gina maybe the last one out the door on Friday only because of the Live cast.
    That daft tradition everyone in the States seems to have of going back to spend time with the parents at Christmas...
    ....They should employ some English workers then we may get more actual work done.
    We get 1 day off (Christmas day) then its back to work 6 days a week 12 hours a day.

Your job must suck. Most people in the UK I know never work more than 40 hours a week and a few expats I know find the American work schedule abhorrent.

Hehe, I worked in the States and only New York was anything like work. Oklahoma was more like 36 hours of standing around trying to look busy.
    I guess us Engineers are just a different breed. ;)
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Giddy with anticipation about what it could possibly be...*

No.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

Just wanted to hop in and clarify that customer support will be available over the holidays! Our support team operates 24/7, so if you folks run into any issues, please feel free to submit a ticket in the support section of the site or in the game by using /help.

The staff will be a bit more reduced than usual as folks travel about to see their families, so bear in mind that the response time may be a bit higher than usual. That said, our support staff will continue to do their very best to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there folks,

Just wanted to hop in and clarify that customer support will be available over the holidays! Our support team operates 24/7, so if you folks run into any issues, please feel free to submit a ticket in the support section of the site or in the game by using /help.

The staff will be a bit more reduced than usual as folks travel about to see their families, so bear in mind that the response time may be a bit higher than usual. That said, our support staff will continue to do their very best to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours.

I thought CS people had no families. Or lives. They exist to serve us, their Supreme Overlords!!!

right?
  • Darkrogue671
    Darkrogue671
    ✭✭✭
    I got a deleted post and a lump of coal "ore" so I guess I have to take it to a blacksmithing station to turn it into a lump of coal. What did you get?
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing. We will receive nothing. If I could sit on Santa ZoS's lap and ask for one thing though....."please do something about Cyrodiil lag!". Thank you.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »
    I thought CS people had no families. Or lives. They exist to serve us, their Supreme Overlords!!!

Yeah... rumors about their existence are clearly written on the same page as the reports about parked UFOs in Roswell.
    Dont worry, common mistake.

• Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... no.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Life Festival - 25th Evening Star (25th December)

The New Life festival comes a few days early in Wayrest with Saturalia, traditionally held on the 25th of Evening Star [December]. Originally a holiday for a long forgotten god of debauchery, it has become a time of gift giving, parties, and parading. Visitors are encouraged to participate.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/calendar-tamriel

It seems to me that the Tamrielic holiday is similar to many of those celebrated by human civilizations since the dawn of time. The winter solstice marks the date in most civilizations.

The holiday has been celebrated since well before the Roman/Christian emperor Constantine co-opted the holiday as the birth of Christ when he ordered the compilation of an official government-sanctioned Bible. Most of the other Christian holidays have antecedents that had been celebrated for millenia before the time of Christ.

No need to call it Christmas... it's the spirit of giving that anyone from any religion can participate in.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    The best in game Christmas surprise would be for ZOS to add in Tamrielic holidays for next year. <3

Are you planning on using the Arena Calendar, the Morrowind Calendar or some other one to locate when that day is?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • davedesigns
    davedesigns
    ✭✭✭

Good point - they are probably just getting whatever material ready for the Live broadcast then it's "Happy Holidays" till 2015 for Zenimax...

I doubt they will release any pertinent info - probably just some stupid Q&A of pre-selected and pointless questions and maybe a glimpse at Update 6?

Meh, I'm not very hopeful obviously... :|
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but im going to be sending dunmer crafting style material to everyone I see..
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

I'd send you guys in support a Christmas ham, however I'm from Australia so if I did, by the time you guys got the ham, it would look like something from a Dr. Seuss book.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about doors that always work?
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send them some jerky.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    How about doors that always work?

Yeah, I've been hoping that the Door Opening skill line will be introduced in the Champion System.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pmarsico9 wrote: »

So people in the UK are basically lazy? At least Norwegians are bigger slouches, so that should help.

Every year I worked from the time I was 16 I worked every holiday, every weekend, and every overtime hour I could grab. Why? Because while those who wanted every damn day they could get off work were busy returning their gifts to pay their rent , I was making money instead of losing it.

And don't get me started on businesses that close for holidays/weekends. Totally irresponsible fiscally.
    Edited by Zorvan on December 18, 2014 9:35AM
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey there folks,

Thank you, that's one less thing to worry about.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No help with bugs until next year, I guess.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

@ZOS_GaryA‌ , as well they should. I feel for those that have chosen to support our habit during the holidays. Been there, done that.

Happy and safe holidays to all of you. I am certain there is nothing so dire that cannot wait a little longer to be resolved.

We appreciate what everyone there does, even if we still ***** about things from time to time.

;)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorvan wrote: »
    Every year I worked from the time I was 16 I worked every holiday, every weekend, and every overtime hour I could grab. Why? Because while those who wanted every damn day they could get off work were busy returning their gifts to pay their rent , I was making money instead of losing it.

And don't get me started on businesses that close for holidays/weekends. Totally irresponsible fiscally.
    Is your real name Ebenezer?
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, put it this way.
    If I did work 40 hours a week or less.....I wouldn't be paying for a subscription to a game I don't even play at the moment due to boredom. ;)
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the best you can hope for is a really informative ESO Live tomorrow. And a few extra give-aways.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Sadly, ESO has a lot of immersion focused players that would be insulted if ZOS sent anything out.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    New Life Festival - 25th Evening Star (25th December)

The New Life festival comes a few days early in Wayrest with Saturalia, traditionally held on the 25th of Evening Star [December]. Originally a holiday for a long forgotten god of debauchery, it has become a time of gift giving, parties, and parading. Visitors are encouraged to participate.

It seems to me that the Tamrielic holiday is similar to many of those celebrated by human civilizations since the dawn of time. The winter solstice marks the date in most civilizations.

The holiday has been celebrated since well before the Roman/Christian emperor Constantine co-opted the holiday as the birth of Christ when he ordered the compilation of an official government-sanctioned Bible. Most of the other Christian holidays have antecedents that had been celebrated for millenia before the time of Christ.

No need to call it Christmas... it's the spirit of giving that anyone from any religion can participate in.

..XP or ro-4 the quartered one.
    When orions belt defined the midnight midwinter collures and the celestial equator. When the lunar elipse became the eye of Horus and was placed in the mouth of Osiris to ressurect him.
    The midnight mass 12 and 13 moons...when the full moon becomes as blood (or wine).
    The original story is so ancient and lost in time...........noone cares anymore.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on December 18, 2014 7:56PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS:

I would like a khajiit girl for Christmas, wearing nothing but a ribbon and bow.

Please and thanks.

-Lynx
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey!
    What the heck? MMO without reindeers, xmas trees, little cute elf pets, santa costumes, red hats, jingling bells, fireplace socks? WHAT NOW?

Good. This pleases me.
  • drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    There is no Christ in TES lore, therefore no Christian holidays. Also with a broad, global subscriber base, it would would be ill advised to potentially upset those that don't believe in or celebrate Christmas. Maybe they'll give us something for the Tamrielic New Life celebration instead.

As someone who travels quite a bit and has lived all over the place, I just think it should be pointed out that Christmas is pretty international and it's celebrated in more places than it isn't. While it may originally been a Christian or Catholic thing for the most part, it's now just become a European/North American export.
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope its fixing PvP

rip decibel