Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

dingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingding.....

Hypertionb14_ESO
Hypertionb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
ok... so the "sound" that plays when you try to use an ability on cool down needs to be removed immediately...

its bad enough when its working normally, but when sound starts to lag i suddenly have it playing CONSTANTLY in the background because its bugged out into playing even when i am standing there idle..

noticeable, it plays anytime a siphon spirit heal procs, in trials, when you are the one who has cast it, thats more than 15 ticks per second and that sound effect for each tick..... it is lagging out the sound engine its so bad...

Hotpatch this immediately..
I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What's a "cool down"?
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can turn it off by settings->Audio->Interface volume to zero.
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is complete BS. I have to turn off interface sounds to run any dungeon as a DPS, since cycling crushing shock with light atks makes the constant dundndundundundun absolutely unbearable. If you leave it on, it drowns out all other sounds and you'll miss combat cues.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad it's not just me. I sent in a bug report because that is annoying me beyond belief.
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    And another 6 gb patch on it's way for next week :smiley:
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job we just had a 6gig patch to fix sound issues ingame.......
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind so much if it was only in combat. But I'm getting that exact same loud DUUNK sound almost every time I whip my horse. Probably about 9/10 times.

Why am I getting the "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that" noise when I'm riding? What is "wrong" with whipping my horse to try to go faster when I'm not already at its maximum speed? :o
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ww.jpg

You broked it.
    Edited by yodased on November 25, 2014 2:39PM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup noticed the same sound myself last night...very annoying. At one point it played for about a minute after I left combat and started to go in and out of phase.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a heads up that we are planning to remove this sound in the near future.

Also editing the title of the thread slightly so it doesn't break our poor formatting. ;)
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on November 25, 2014 2:41PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Also editing the title of the thread slightly so it doesn't break our poor formatting. ;)

Well at least your recognize your forums are formatted poorly
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, i have heard this myself and others have compkained about it too
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    near future? So 2-3 months?
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This goes off all the time for me and, I think, is causing lag in combat. It goes off when I'm blocking constantly (not even trying an action - just blocking) and my block is failing a lot now. After I get enough "dunk dunk dunk dunk" my animations start to slow, there starts to be a bigger and bigger gap between the time I can do anything until it gets to the point where I get messages telling me I can't swap weapons right now - forever until I die.

Turning the sound down to zero stops it going off in my ears but doesn't stop block and skills failing.

Unless it's something else this issue is wrecking the game for me totally.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it was "dingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingding"

It's more link "dunkdunkdunkdunkdunkdunkdunkdunkdunkdunk"

I find this sound extremely negative! At least "ding" is a little bit upbeat.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely a ding and not a dunk
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy the patch hasn't been applied to Europe Megaserver..!
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is more of a "dunk" to my ears i think..
    yodased wrote: »
    ww.jpg

You broked it.

hehe, when i saw that i thought "hmm... that actually quite fits that annoying sound doesnt it" and left it^^
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.