The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

King Fahara'jad is Scary with New Facial Expressions (and more scary NPCs)

Anex
Anex
✭✭✭
So far the new facial expressions have been interesting. They don't move me one way or the other, I find it is a bit of a pity that the NPCs have actually been less emotive with the rest of their body ever since. Maybe I just got used to the exaggerated body language there had been when we didn't have these "new and improved" expressions.

Well, some NPCs haven't taken very kindly to them. Redguards actually have it the worst. I have seen NPCs whose mouths do not move at all since entering the DC part of Veteran questing on my AD character. Their lower lip kinda flaps about, but the mouth never opens. I don't understand how they speak so clearly. But what I saw today.. the thing I saw today... the thing.. there's no words. While putting together this image to show what I beheld, my 6 year old wandered into the room and immediately burst into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. "Oh my god! What is wrong with his face?! HAHAHAHAH", you get the picture. Well, you don't, but you're about to.

ScaryFaharajad.png

To the left is what he looks like normally. To the right is all the fear-inducing stuff of nightmares looks he gave me during that one bit of text featured below. He ended the conversation with his normal face.

His eyes look like they are about to fall out of his head. There's nothing frightening about what he is saying, well except for his face. I was even tempted to stick my name watermark to the top right corner of the image at the bottom right to give him something to look at. XD

Anyway, just wanted to bring up the issue. Hopefully it at least gave a giggle.
Edited by Anex on November 25, 2014 8:07AM
Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he's just had wayyyyy too much skooma! And apparently there's a HUGE drug problem in Tamriel if that's the case because I get THIS LOOK from entirely too many NPCs now!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    That or he had some REALLY strong coffee O_o
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We make those faces everyday in real life, just dont have people screenshotting us at that moment.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    @Thechemicals‌ : I was actually wondering if it was my character's fault.. she does wander around in a tight black leather cat suit =X
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup - someone slipped skooma in the Kavah Stout.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anex wrote: »
    @Thechemicals‌ : I was actually wondering if it was my character's fault.. she does wander around in a tight black leather cat suit =X

Did you check to see if the npc did a body animation while talking to him like that? :wink:
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    @Thechemicals‌ : BWahaha! I DUN WANNA KNOW XD
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bulging-eyes-o.gif
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    bulging-eyes-o.gif

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pyatra wrote: »
    bulging-eyes-o.gif

Yeah, it's kind of reminisent of the original Total Recall movie (the remake sucked).
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it's kind of reminisent of the original Total Recall movie (the remake sucked).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chi6oQAb_Qo
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a Nord that had something like that. Figured he was just constantly in a state of surprise.

Had another NPC (Rivenspire) whose animation involved looking up at the stars.

Engaged him in conversation at one point, and apparently he got a kink in his neck, cause he spent the entire conversation looking...for...something...up there, while I spent it staring into his nostrils.

It's a amusing and disturbing when they don't factor in occasional resets into the animation routines.
    Evergnar wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chi6oQAb_Qo

What's even more sad, is when we watched that when it first came out...it seemed very well done.

I remember that was the first movie where they used one of those mini-DVD's. I remember calling BS. "You're not about to fit video on something like that anytime soon."

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    since 1.5 a lot of the npcs apparently are proud of their shiny white teeth.
    they talk like this all the time.

P0g0aZl.jpg
    bfb1ntO.jpg
    6Mq5Xja.jpg

I'm not too sure if I like it or not. well I'll be honest... I don't.

#teamEmeric
  • diabeticDemon18
    diabeticDemon18
    ✭✭✭
    Anex wrote: »

You play catwoman... you are a god.
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is normal for the khajiits, or so they say.

1ZvM59l.png
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha best topic in long time :D
  • diabeticDemon18
    diabeticDemon18
    ✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    This is normal for the khajiits, or so they say.

1ZvM59l.png

She looks like she just S**T her pants because Molag Bal just burst through the brick walls yelling "OH YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!"
  • karmamule
    karmamule
    ✭✭✭
    The new expressions were put in just as I started playing the storyline about a village w/everyone experiencing nightmares and I thought the couple of NPCs I saw with the bug-eyed look were part of them going nuts and that it was a really cool touch.

Then after I finished the story line and I ran into a couple more wild-eyed people I realized it was a bug. I haven't seen too much more of that, but I have seen a few overly toothy grins now and again. Haven't run into the OMG SKY!!! bent neck thing in quite a while. I almost wish I would as it was always worth a few genuine LOL moments.
  • Chevie
    Chevie
    ✭✭✭
    O.O

2ihblad.jpg

O.O

wsu1oj.jpg
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO all these pictures are great. You guys made my morning XD
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add some more

>:(

B2AB67BF0AC221976701BA00949D01E905F7FD04

O.O

9B286D158A734AF535B48F0F48EEDF02960B8666

O.O

9DEFED5EF5BD194652404FAF18FA189570F752F6

No vulgar language! o.o

7FC25C0AF79D431B373F8DC312A4C8158D137BF3

Edited by Valencer on November 25, 2014 8:58AM
  • Lancillotto
    Lancillotto
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, yes, I have noticed those weird expressions as well, the popping eyes are rather disturbing...
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    Someone mentioned the people whose necks get stuck backwards.. I've had a few of those as well. Might have to modify the OP for all the weird things XD
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this bug something new due to the latest patch? I haven't see any of these animations yet. I'm currently in doing Cadwells's gold and King Fahara'jad looked normal to me as of last Sunday.I'll have to check it out the next time I play.

It's really amazing that with each update they create another unrelated bug.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What REALLY is scary is Zenimax' incompetence With regards to patching the game...
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing I want to know about King thingy pop is why does he have an enormous dining room in his palace .. but no bedroom.

If he never sleeps that might explain the eyes ...

I honestly expected the palace in Sentinel to be, well, bigger and grander. I know they might have added a few rooms inbetween the timescales of ESO and Daggerfall but they could at least have given his kinglyness a hammock somewhere.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buggy eyes and toothy grins were introduced awhile back as a highly touted facial animation addition. Thankfully it doesn't seem to affect player characters... I guess because, as usual, it's more important to Zeni to uselessly tweak NPCs than to do anything cool for Player Characters. Um....thanks? LOL

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bulging-eyes-o.gif

The remake was pretty good.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bulging-eyes-o.gif

The remake was pretty good.

You just THOUGHT it was pretty good because Kate Beckinsale was in it. I made the same mistake with the Underworld franchise.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!