The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Falling through dolmen floors after 1.5.5

• Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for reporting this, everyone, and for mentioning the specific locations in which you're encountering this issue. We're looking into this now.

It also happens during the fight with Mannimarco in main quest. I not only dropped into the ground several times (after jumping, being pushed back), one time I even managed to get so deep into the ground, directly under Mannimarco, I could only look up at the bottom of his feet. I was aprox. 15 m under him at the bottom of very steep and narrow hole. Had to use /unstuck and alt-F4 twice and a repeat of the entire quest, before I managed to defeat him.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I figured as long as you fight on the area around the dolman, not the stone circle around it, but actual ground, it works. But it's pointless because the pinions still glitch
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like structure collision surfaces are broken for certain types of structure; based on the screenshot in the OP, the mobs are standing on the level where the ground/surface of the terrain would be.
    RSram wrote: »
    So once again, something that wasn't broke before is now broken. You just can't make this stuff up! How in the world does this keep happening? With every update new unrelated bugs are introduced. Freak-en amazing.
    Consider "structure collision" as one entity governing how toons/mobs interact with world structures. One edit to any sub-routine on collision or any connected process on mob interaction could inadvertently cause this.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the Rift Dolmens and a few in Eastmarch (which I sadly can't recall, but safe to assume all as well).

Myself and teammates would fall under the dolmens and enemies would as well, making it very hard to target them / defend ourselves at times.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Sounds like structure collision surfaces are broken for certain types of structure; based on the screenshot in the OP, the mobs are standing on the level where the ground/surface of the terrain would be.
    So once again, something that wasn't broke before is now broken. You just can't make this stuff up! How in the world does this keep happening? With every update new unrelated bugs are introduced. Freak-en amazing.
    Consider "structure collision" as one entity governing how toons/mobs interact with world structures. One edit to any sub-routine on collision or any connected process on mob interaction could inadvertently cause this.

It is understandable how bugs like this can get introduced, due to code complexities.

What is less understandable is how often these types of easily reproducible, and "obvious" bugs get through testing. It is typical for a software shop to do more limited/targeted testing for what ZOS calls incremental patches. Since, the code changes are usually minimal, and no new features are being introduced. So, they probably just didn't test this functionality, because it wasn't considered at-risk, or deemed very low risk for the changes being made.

Scheduling demands end up shipping code too soon. Sometimes this happens.

But, ZOS seems to have a higher than expected number of these regressions that make it to production, after minor patches. It isn't bad development. This is a process problem.

• RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

I understand what you are referring to, but I been through this zone once before and had no issue with the dolmens. I don't recall any references to this issue in any of the updates. Collision should be an individual attribute for an object either TRUE or FALSE. So the question is why did the attribute of these objects change?

In the programming world there is an old saying:

"You don't fix what is not broken"
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While riding my horse the other day I tried to squeeze myself through a rock and some kind of bush in the Stonefall area, then all of a sudden I was falling through the world infinitely.

What was interesting is the minimap addon I use shows your distance from objects when you mouse over them and while I was selecting a wayshrine to port to (thankfully I was able to port), the counter was rising into the 1000000's, lol.
    Edited by danno8 on November 21, 2014 1:25AM
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that some people are not having this happen only exacerbates the fact that the game is unstable.
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on November 21, 2014 2:01AM
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly enough, I don't think it's just at dolmens.

I'm levelling an alt, and am in the Mannimarco fight for the "Shadow of Sancr Tor" (one of the last quests). I've noticed the NPCs sinking into the ground at different spots, and myself sinking in as well. After getting Manni down to about 30%, I got hit by something and fell completely through the floor. I'm looking up at Mannimarco's feet right now, but I can't tab target him or get a ranged shot at him.

Reported as a bug in game, but thought I would share. The earth in Tamriel does not appear very stable.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a group member just fall through the floor while fighting the second boss in veteran Wayrest. She was able to /stuck back to the entrance after the fight, but still annoying. No idea what caused it.
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nikel @ flag nearest to the two side doors.
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »

I'm levelling an alt, and am in the Mannimarco fight for the "Shadow of Sancr Tor" (one of the last quests). I've noticed the NPCs sinking into the ground at different spots, and myself sinking in as well. After getting Manni down to about 30%, I got hit by something and fell completely through the floor. I'm looking up at Mannimarco's feet right now, but I can't tab target him or get a ranged shot at him.

Reported as a bug in game, but thought I would share. The earth in Tamriel does not appear very stable.

Had the same bug. I used /stuck and alt+F4 twice before I had to restart the quest and even then I barely finished. It's his push back skill and your char's jumping that gets you or him, under the floor.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »

I just got knocked through the floor by Mannimarco. He did it to me right at the beginning of the fight, though.

By the way, why is it that when an instanced quest bugs, your only option is to restart it from the beginning? GMs/CSAs can't fix the bug or manually progress you through quest stages. To me, there really is no better example of monumentally bad game design than that.

EDIT: Turns out the /stuck in here puts you right out in the previous room.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on November 21, 2014 8:19AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gets even weirder. I just tried a second time and got knocked through the floor (it's pretty unlikely for a melee player to get out of a such an enormous knockback range in time). I threw my hands up and just walked away.

A few minutes later, I heard the unmistakable sound of a growling Malcolm McDowell. I walk back in to the room to discover that my companions have somehow managed to beat Mannimarco on their own.

Only problem is, I'm still underground with a 53 minute timer before I can use /stuck again.

/headdesk
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got through that Mannimarco fight, but it's next to unplayable. It was more luck than anything that I finally got through. I tried probably near a dozen times. I got "stuck" twice when I did manage to beat him, and subsequent AoEs knocked me out of being stuck. I was also lucky that the companions did not get stuck that time, those portals spew an endless stream of ghosts if left unchecked. It's a mess, I'm glad I'm passed it and I hope Zeni fixes it soon.

@zos_GinaBruna, @zos_JessicaFolsom: I hope this is enough to get your attention and have this issue escalated within whatever bug fixing work stream you have. An acknowledgement would be nice, although unnecessary. I did report this multiple times in game using the /bug feature. This is a major part of the story line, it shouldn't be this buggy. This is my fourth character doing this quest so I dealt with it, but this could be very frustrating for players who are going through this for the first time.

• ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news, everyone! Our QA team has verified a fix for the issue in which NPCs and players are falling through the floor of some Dark Anchors, and we’ll be including the fix in an upcoming patch. Thanks again for your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good news, everyone! Our QA team has verified a fix for the issue in which NPCs and players are falling through the floor of some Dark Anchors, and we’ll be including the fix in an upcoming patch. Thanks again for your patience.

Has this been just confirmed internally or by an accredited auditor, as we all know how many 'fixes' ZOS QA has posted that do nothing at all!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spider bosses seem to be particularly susceptible to this.

One of the spiders in Spider's Nest (Stormhaven) gets stuck underground if you engage the WB and can't be attacked (even though it can still hit you).

And Wrathvenom in Crow's Wood walks straight through the wall and despawns when attacked.
    The Moot Councillor
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Overall the 'falling' bug has gotten worse. I've experienced it a number of time traveling by wayshrines. Getting to my destination wayshrine only to watch my char fall to his death. Lol!
    Give 'er eh!
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Spider bosses seem to be particularly susceptible to this.

One of the spiders in Spider's Nest (Stormhaven) gets stuck underground if you engage the WB and can't be attacked (even though it can still hit you).

And Wrathvenom in Crow's Wood walks straight through the wall and despawns when attacked.

Wrathvemon has been doing this forever...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    still doing it after the patch that they said would stop him from doing it
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still doing it after the patch that they said would stop him from doing it

After 1.5.6?