Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live's Next Episode: 11/21"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "ESO Live's Next Episode: 11/21."

Join us for a brand new episode of our biweekly web stream on Twitch. Check out the above article for a full rundown of what you can expect!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    "We're sorry, the page you're looking for can not be found."
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    Once again, website article is not working...
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love these shows but that agenda seems underwhelming.
  • Enaijo
    Enaijo
    ✭✭✭
    Update 6 is gone missing? Does it even come this year?
  • cesmode
    cesmode
    ✭✭✭
    This will be the first one I attend (im new). But looking at that agenda, ya it seems underwhelming. Would like to talk about the game itself,issues, plans, suggestions, improvements.

For me, the top 3 issues to talk about:
    -Veteran ranks
    -Solo endgame stuff(challenging content, rewarding content)
    -Skills, build diversity, and balance.

Edited by cesmode on November 21, 2014 1:14PM
  • Micanet
    Micanet
    ✭✭
    ESO Live started out as a nice little show telling/showing us new stuff/things to expect in the game, now it's all about fan creations, merchandise and upcoming bug fixes. We allready know that sooner or later you will fix some bugs and we also know that some new will appear.

So what about telling us what to expect in the game, I dont care if it will take 10 month before Dark brotherhood and Thiefes guild will appear in the game, but i would love to be told, that we could expect it in update 2.9 if that would be the case, I would love to be told that a part of the Dark Brotherhood would include me getting Shadowmere my favorite horse from Skyrim.

I would love to know that the bow should change for us to make the arrows and the poison ourselfs, I would love to make some nasty Daedra Arrows with poison tips, I would love this instead of people having endless lethal arrows.
    (I would love to know, even if something like this had just been a thought)

We allready know that at some point we will get an area called Mirkmire, what we/I would love to know if something more about this area, it's is not because we want it tommorow even if thats not true, its more because we want to know to something that we can tell other that will happen with our game, we want to feel importent, more importent than getting weird subscriber pets, we want to be able to tell other mmo players from other games, that our choice of game is way better than theirs, and that is so much easier to do, when we have something to proclaim that will come.

If you are running behind a planned release, here is an idea for ya, make a cage 30x30m plant it somewhere in Cyrodiil, make it cost 500ap to enter this cage, make it limited for only 2 players to enter, as soon as both players are in the arena, the gate should close and it shouldnt open untill one of them is dead and the winner can now leave with 1.000 APs, it should be simple enough since you have allready made it impossible to attack through walls, so no outsider should be able to heal/shoot the players inside the cage, but only would be able to look at what happens in there, it would be awesome.

Or what about the PVP arena thing you had at quakecon, why cant we have that in the game, I know that in the long terms people would like to have scoreboards, long lists of weeklys best, best overall etc. But that is something we can wait for, we just need something NEW and exciting in the game.

Well enough said, hope to hear about something new upcoming stuff soon.
  • ZingyDevotee
    ZingyDevotee
    ✭✭
    LFG fixes?
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems slightly...underwhelming. Hopefully Update 6 should be in the episode.
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • AdAstra
    AdAstra
    ✭✭
    Please include The Mesmerizing Tamriel in your next Tamriel Chronicle or at least shout them out in Live tonight. I just stumbled upon it and it really needs to be seen by players new and old. http://mesmerizingtamriel.blogspot.com/
  • AdAstra
    AdAstra
    ✭✭
    Also, if anyone reading this is watching the footage live tonight can someone ask them when and if we will ever expect to see the beautiful loading screen images available to us as wallpapers?
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is not a single thing on that list that isn't useless fluff.
    Think i'll be too busy watching paint dry to give time to this unwarranted onanistic exercise.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some live input of a dev on class balance in the show would be nice.
    Maybe another sneak peek at the justice system, spellcrafting or Imperial City?
    Less beard talk and more news please! :)

Edit: after checking the schedule I'm a bit disappointed ...
    Edited by Gyudan on November 21, 2014 6:13PM
    Wololo.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Gyudan wrote: »

You're in luck, Gyudan! We plan on discussing a number of things during the news segment, and there are no beards for today's show. ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be great to have the lead developer spend time explaining what next steps are for addressing the issues with the large combat performance in Cyrodiil.

I like the lighthearted nature of how it's conducted though (ie: Gina, Jessica).

Please see my thoughts on how time has been allocated vs. what I personally would prefer.
    Edited by Sacadon on November 21, 2014 7:32PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »

You're in luck, Gyudan! We plan on discussing a number of things during the news segment, and there are no beards for today's show. ;)

WTB a video editor for ZoS. Apparently someone does not know how to cut off the 8:00 of "ESO Live will begin shortly" off the front of the Nov 7th broadcast.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the show! The vanity pet system looks really nice and it was good to hear some news about the provisioning revamp.
    Edited by Gyudan on November 21, 2014 10:27PM
    Wololo.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Glad you enjoyed it!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case you missed it, here's today's episode! It will be up on YouTube early next week, as well. http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/b/591274268
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye..thanks for the show.. provisioning revamp HOPEFULLY in update 6 and the pet carousel UI are awesome news..maybe it will arrive before my dwemer travel buddy.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Flexar
    Flexar
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that you're still providing outdated information about the Emberhearth Tavern Nights. The time's wrong, the tavern nights begin at 19:30 GMT (21:30 CEST), and none of the players you listed to contact run the tavern nights any more, @TheChorus and @Lhetander don't even play the game any more. Thorgrid doesn't work there IC any longer, either. If you do want to contact somebody about them, contact @Flexar (Bhorgash the Generous IC).
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Gina!

Once again it's time for my comment about Shield Dyes! Still waiting on someone to put a UI spot in the dye system for Shields!

But in all seriousness, love to see champion system is seeing some movement. looking forward to having the Skyrim like perks. Also can't wait for spell crafting and the provisioning revamp.

On the subject again about dyes, here's a free idea. How about a UI in the stables that allows you to dye the equipment on your horses. This way you can make your horses as unique as your characters.

So once again,
    Good Night and SHIELD DYES!
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The episode with Twitch chat. Ya know because sometimes good tidbits leak out there like at 47 minutes Jessica says

"We are working on some smaller-scale PVP options, but none are 1v1. Sorry :-("

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_uvZpt-9Uk
    Edited by Dominoid on November 22, 2014 12:25PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so when can i join the Dark Brotherhood and begin my life-long service to Sithis?
    Edited by Cody on November 23, 2014 3:32AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nice to see FCs are getting changed.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    they are going to fix the LFG tool??? finally!!!! now hopefully i wont have to wait Seven hours to find 3 people for a 4 player group dungeon:D!!!!!!!
    Edited by Cody on November 23, 2014 3:36AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    speaking of guilds that should have, in my opinion, been out months ago; when is the Thieves guild coming out? Will i be able to steal a crap ton of gold from other players? will i be able to mercilessly beat other players that try to steal from me?
    Edited by Cody on November 23, 2014 3:41AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and when will we be getting the Imperial city? next update? next year? never? possibly?
  • Fizzonance
    Fizzonance
    ✭✭✭
    AdAstra wrote: »
    Please include The Mesmerizing Tamriel in your next Tamriel Chronicle or at least shout them out in Live tonight. I just stumbled upon it and it really needs to be seen by players new and old. http://mesmerizingtamriel.blogspot.com/

I am so sorry @AdAstra ! I have completely missed your post (and its a couple of months old by now), but I want to give you a big thank you-hug! It was very kind of you.

Thanks!

Regards,
    fizz / fizzo / fizzonance etc :)
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ Fizzonance ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    Spellunker - Dunmeri Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact - [EU]
    Aska Mahdavi - Khajiiti Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion - [EU]
    https://twitter.com/fizzonance
    http://mesmerizingtamriel.blogspot.com/
    http://fizzonance.tumblr.com/