The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Character Copy on the PTS

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will we possibly get the EU characters transferred soon? AFAIK it was said that you'd alternate between copying over US and EU characters?
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I recall they said they stated that NA characters would have access to 1.5 for a couple of weeks and then they would do a full wipe and copy (not transfer) EU characters to PTS. PTS just got updated to 1.5 last Monday on Oct 13 so I would expect EU characters to be copied 2 weeks from then around Oct 27.

So Happy Halloween.
    Edited by Nightreaver on October 17, 2014 8:07PM
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oddly enough,of THe 8 chars on the NA server,only 4 of them transfered to the PTS server.Also,..if they wipe out the transfered chars in PTS,will I lose them on my NA server? I have a V4 char I'd hate toget wiped out.I run him every few days.
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    @WhiskeyRiver.AZub17_ESO
    Characters were copied (Not transferred) on Oct 02. Did you have 8 characters on the NA server at that time or only 4?
    What happens in PTS stays in PTS. It has no effect on your characters on the Live server.
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When can you RECOPY? I leveled my character on NA and have a new one - and I cannot even play there now.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boop!
  • aneova_ESO
    aneova_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Could we possibly get a /copy command? That way we could just copy the ones we want, and not waste slots with banker alts.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on if we will have this for the EU?
    It's really frustrating trying to see what effects have on our characters or test things we know before it goes live without the characters we can easily compare.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As aneova_ESO mentioned, I would love to see "On Demand" character copy between the Live and PTS servers. The characters we got on the PTS were almost a month or so behind what we were using on Live. You can make a lot of changes to a character in that amount of time so that makes it much more difficult to make comparisons, especially with some of the attribute changes concerning stamina.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

My Guess would be shortly after pigs have started flying past my 3rd floor window.

• Daenerys
    Daenerys
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

My Guess would be shortly after pigs have started flying past my 3rd floor window.

instructions unclear, threw pig out window
  • seanvwolf
    seanvwolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    but i do think is bang out of order offering US this service and not EU, I dnt think anyone should have this service until everyone can use it, its just not fair, you cant give one and not the other.

Not really a service...

It's not like everyone formally requested this or that it is being offered in the future as an individual case by case service. It's simply something they could do for convenience of testing the databuild. Their NA server is located locally with the PTS making it that much easier. There are internal testers who are on the US servers, so it makes sense from a in-house perspective. I'm glad they at least considered finding a way to do the same thing for EU. It may be because the character names or id numbers themselves are in conflict.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

Looks like I was right
  • Tiruviel
    Tiruviel
    197i20cdholu.png
    How odd that the latest character copy (November 6th) is linked to this thread - and completely unannounced too...

Edited by Tiruviel on November 8, 2014 2:37AM
  • Tiruviel
    Tiruviel
    Doh, missed this bit of information:
    • As new Updates become available to test, we will perform additional data copies from the live server.
    Edited by Tiruviel on November 8, 2014 2:36AM
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    While I can understand that it is easier to just copy the NA characters it does mean I won't be doing any serious testing on PTS. Why? Well because for a large portion of the things we'd be testing we'd need ALOT more than what the templates offer. Something that you, Zenimax, acknowledged else there wouldn't even be the NA character copy.
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • tzeraphb16_ESO
    Why purge? Add an EU suffix and have a rename window pop up upon first login. Heck, even if you left the suffix, people wouldn't mind that much since it's just for testing reasons.

For wanting people to actually test their game on PTS, they do have a strange habit of making access overly complicated. If they want more folks over there, it's gotta be more accessible and should provide incentives.

"Why purge? " My guess is that they want the most people on the public servers :)

"For wanting people to actually test their game on PTS, they do have a strange habit of making access overly complicated. If they want more folks over there, it's gotta be more accessible and should provide incentives. "

Agreed on that one though.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    During today's PTS maintenance, we copied all characters from the European megaserver to the PTS. Characters were copied today (November 19th.) If you have a character on the EU megaserver, you can now use them on the PTS which is up-to-date with patch 1.5.2.

Please keep in mind this is only a character copy; progression from the PTS will not carry over to the live EU megaserver.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on November 20, 2014 2:32PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    During today's PTS maintenance, we copied all characters from the European megaserver to the PTS. Characters were copied today (November 19th.) If you have a character on the EU megaserver, you can now use them on the PTS which is up-to-date with patch 1.5.5.

When I log on to PTS it is showing 1.5.2

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AngryNord‌
    Your window:
    19864.jpg

:)
    During today's PTS maintenance, we copied all characters from the European megaserver to the PTS. Characters were copied today (November 19th.) If you have a character on the EU megaserver, you can now use them on the PTS which is up-to-date with patch 1.5.5.

Please keep in mind this is only a character copy; progression from the PTS will not carry over to the live EU megaserver.

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My defence is: It happened while I was asleep :P
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    When I log on to PTS it is showing 1.5.2

You're correct. We got ahead of ourselves. Sorry about that! I've edited my post. :)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    I Logged into PTS during NA server maintenance and all my copy'd chars where gone ? Anyone else have this problem.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Logged into PTS during NA server maintenance and all my copy'd chars where gone ? Anyone else have this problem.
    All characters on PTS (including NA copies) were wiped during the update on 19 November so that EU characters could be copied across. It's only possible for one megaserver to have their characters available at a time.
    Edited by Enodoc on November 24, 2014 4:30PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you're on the NA server, it might be a good idea to create a new character using a template and configure it or progress it to how you want it to be before Update 6 is applied to the PTS. I have a feeling many people are going to want to jump right in to the testing given everything that is confirmed and widely believed to be in Update 6. For once, those of you on the EU server have a huge benefit over those of us on the NA server.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Yeah, if you're on the NA server, it might be a good idea to create a new character using a template and configure it or progress it to how you want it to be before Update 6 is applied to the PTS. I have a feeling many people are going to want to jump right in to the testing given everything that is confirmed and widely believed to be in Update 6. For once, those of you on the EU server have a huge benefit over those of us on the NA server.
    When Update 6 hits PTS they'll probably wipe again and do a new NA copy :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if they split the time between NA and EU so both get an opportunity to test.

Would be even better if instead of copying all characters from one server if we were just given the option to copy our own characters to the PTS. Would much rather have the server filled with people from both servers that actually spend time on PTS than a majority of characters that will never see PTS.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone! Just letting you know that we did another character copy last Wednesday, December 10th to copy over the latest European megaserver characters. No new patch was implemented.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you come up with a way to have both NA and EU characters loaded at the same time?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We have some good news about testing content on the PTS!

We've completed copying over all the characters from the North American and European megaservers to the PTS. From here on out, you'll be able to access your NA and EU megaserver characters on the PTS.

A couple notes about the copy:
    • This is a copy, not a transfer. Your NA and EU megaserver characters are still there.
    • No progress made on PTS will be reflected back to the NA and EU megaservers.
    • Character data and progress for this upcoming testing period was copied from the live server on November 19th.
    • As new Updates become available to test, we will perform additional data copies from the live server.

Thank you for helping us test!

This is a really great news! Now, next good news would be to have the patch released during the hollidays! :D