Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

The Road Ahead - When?

Neizir
Neizir
✭✭✭✭✭
It's been a month now since the last one was released, but honestly it barely told us anything we didn't already know. Now that we're approaching Update 6 and the console launch, when can we expect to see the next Road Ahead article from Matt?

Dev reply would be great :)
Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
I have a fancy signature.
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When they feel like it just like they always do.
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Look for it around the date Update 6 is pushed to the PTS, give or take a couple of days. Hopefully ZOS can find a better ghost writer for the next one as the last one was a pitiful cut and paste hack job.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We're aiming to release it shortly after the Thanksgiving weekend. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • jackleminer55
    jackleminer55
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ does that mean that we will get a lot more details on update 6 soon? Please? Will update 6 be on the PTS before the road ahead releases?
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be super cool if ZOS could persuade Pete Hines to pen the next Road Ahead as I would love to see his perspective, opinions and validation.
    Options
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please tell Matt, he should write a "Road ahead" instead of a "Road so far" letter this time. "Last time on ESO" is nothing new :)
    Options
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanksgiving was a few weeks ago for us Canadians. We can haz this early? :3

Options
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanksgiving was a few weeks ago for us Canadians. We can haz this early? :3

You'll get your own version just as soon as the canadian server opens. =)
    Options
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game release like what? 7 months ago. The cap has been raised twice, the added craglorn, DSA,Pledges,etc,etc.

Dunno i think they have done enough for the year....and i really am saying this for the sake of game stability.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

Options
  • davedesigns
    davedesigns
    ✭✭✭
    Game release like what? 7 months ago. The cap has been raised twice, the added craglorn, DSA,Pledges,etc,etc.

Dunno i think they have done enough for the year....and i really am saying this for the sake of game stability.

Agree - please don't add any more content before the game is more stable, class and weapon skills working properly, etc.

Us Mac users didn't even get the much-heralded Face FX animations in update 5, and many audio and animation bugs were introduced (some of which were declared fixed in a hotfix - but actually still remain).

To be honest, I'm getting a little weary of the "over-hype and under-deliver" business model ZoS has going for themselves...
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a lot of issues with stability, so no, I don't want content to stop. Sounds like they need to work on it for pvpers sake, and they should, but that doesn't meant they should cut off those of us that don't play much pvp and are waiting for more to do in pve.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    The road ahead makes me think of supernatural.....
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
    Options
  • Kromus
    Kromus
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    I don't have a lot of issues with stability, so no, I don't want content to stop. Sounds like they need to work on it for pvpers sake, and they should, but that doesn't meant they should cut off those of us that don't play much pvp and are waiting for more to do in pve.

That is a bit selfish attitude seeing this game have strong advertising for pvp segment of game. Sadly, every patch so far was focused on PVE with little to no updates for PVP. Most of the issues in PVE were fixed by now, as they should be, new content was introduced since launch and for all that time Cyrodiil is plagued by game-breaking issues that keeps pile up from patch to patch. It would be fair for pvp players to get at least a bit of love by focusing one Update on issues in pvp, otherwise there will be not much players left in Cyrodiil, and that is not good for players mainly focused on PVE either.
    Edited by Kromus on November 29, 2014 6:12PM
    Options
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Approaching the console launch? HA! Good one OP good one.
    Edited by Leeric on November 29, 2014 6:33PM
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kromus wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »

That is a bit selfish attitude seeing this game have strong advertising for pvp segment of game. Sadly, every patch so far was focused on PVE with little to no updates for PVP. Most of the issues in PVE were fixed by now, as they should be, new content was introduced since launch and for all that time Cyrodiil is plagued by game-breaking issues that keeps pile up from patch to patch. It would be fair for pvp players to get at least a bit of love by focusing one Update on issues in pvp, otherwise there will be not much players left in Cyrodiil, and that is not good for players mainly focused on PVE either.

PVP has been more or less broken since that one patch that upgraded the game's graphics and caused all of those memory leaks. It hasn't run truly smoothly since then. They fixed the memory leaks, but my FPS never got back to where they were.
    Edited by timidobserver on November 29, 2014 7:01PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options