The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Invitation to DEVELOPERS

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DlSTORTlON wrote: »
    This is not about shaming, abusing or belittling. This is about reaching out and offering ZOS help, if they aren't too proud to accept it. In our view; the game comes first. Politics, face-saving and facades need to be forgotten.

Say that for yourself. As soon as the guy/gal logs into TS, I'm gonna go ape [snip].

I'm joking ZOS, I'm joking :smiling_imp:

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on October 29, 2014 1:43PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Qilath
    Qilath
    Soul Shriven
    I would also like those devs that apparently play the game with their customers (as some people here have suggested) to play it with us. I think it is as much in their interest as in ours that they do something to stem the tide of players who are leaving the game because of problems in Cyrodiil.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So when can I pvp with Jessica?
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't be too hard to occasionally log on TS and listen to constructive feedback :(
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax,

Keepers of Cyrodiil K.O.C. extend an open invitation to Zenimax developers to experience their game the way it is being played by many hardcore PvP guilds.

There are too many unconstructive complaints circulating and we see not enough is being done as a community to help improve our game.

We are an EU PvP guild currently playing AD on Thornblade, with vast experience with a large variety of size/style raids in Cyrodiil from launch. We have small scale raids, open raids (allowing new players to experience organised PvP and teaching them to be more effective in AvA), and 2 weekly premade bomb squads. Together with other active guilds on AD, we have organised our alliance and have made the Dominion into the most effective alliance on the EU mega server. The only obstacle in our way is the game performance; not only through impacting fights, but also being a big contributing factor to skilled players leaving the game.

We are taking the initiative, and opening our raids, to allow developers to gather any information they need to improve the game performance, feel, and experience; specifically in Cyrodiil.

We would like to show: ability block/delay, lag, latiency, crashes, sever roll backs, overuse of bows (soon to increase again with bow buffs in 1.5), broken or unintended(?) game mechanics etc... and how all these issues effect customers experience playing our game. We would also like to offer you feedback on any future plans & answer any questions you have regarding PvP & AvA and also offer some suggestions/ideas we have.

Please get in contact with @DlSTORTlON to arrange.

Our doors are open.

Keepers of Cyrodiil
    logo.png

This is fantastic. Good Luck.

ZOS, consider this a job shadowing oppurtunity for you. You can play the game with people that know what they're doing and you'll see how you should be testing the game.
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, can you imagine the amount of tea bagging people would do to their corpses?
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should host those PTS-PVP-Events more often.
  • Juoppo
    Juoppo
    Soul Shriven
    Zenimax,

Keepers of Cyrodiil K.O.C. extend an open invitation to Zenimax developers to experience their game the way it is being played by many hardcore PvP guilds.

There are too many unconstructive complaints circulating and we see not enough is being done as a community to help improve our game.

We are an EU PvP guild currently playing AD on Thornblade, with vast experience with a large variety of size/style raids in Cyrodiil from launch. We have small scale raids, open raids (allowing new players to experience organised PvP and teaching them to be more effective in AvA), and 2 weekly premade bomb squads. Together with other active guilds on AD, we have organised our alliance and have made the Dominion into the most effective alliance on the EU mega server. The only obstacle in our way is the game performance; not only through impacting fights, but also being a big contributing factor to skilled players leaving the game.

We are taking the initiative, and opening our raids, to allow developers to gather any information they need to improve the game performance, feel, and experience; specifically in Cyrodiil.

We would like to show: ability block/delay, lag, latiency, crashes, sever roll backs, overuse of bows (soon to increase again with bow buffs in 1.5), broken or unintended(?) game mechanics etc... and how all these issues effect customers experience playing our game. We would also like to offer you feedback on any future plans & answer any questions you have regarding PvP & AvA and also offer some suggestions/ideas we have.

Please get in contact with @DlSTORTlON to arrange.

Our doors are open.

Keepers of Cyrodiil
    logo.png

Seconded.

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice for ZOS to roll with an experienced group and see how quickly the notorious "oil farm" can be busted with an experienced group that knows where the purge button is.

Oils were probably the most fun emergent gameplay experience that has come out of cyrodiil and nerfing them (especially before removing AoE caps) is one of the reasons I think ZOS is listening to the wrong people about PvP mechanics.

Bows are another nuance they don't seem to be understanding. It is as much a "range vs. melee" problem as a "magicka vs. stamina" problem.

ZOS should just announce a "Thornblade" day and run with some of the larger guilds as well as just run solo or hit LFG in zone and see what the real experience is.
  • Resonation
    Invitation stays open
    Noone dies a virgin, life *** us all - Kurt Cobain

*** - Keepers of Cyrodiil
    EU - Thornblade
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we should start flaming each other in here to get ZoS' attention, they seem to be fast on censoring threads :/
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yusuf wrote: »
    Maybe we should start flaming each other in here to get ZoS' attention, they seem to be fast on censoring threads :/

I'm sure unnecessary bumping and potentially spamming might get their attention eventually.

However, allow me to get this thread on their radar right away.

#ESTOYAQUI
    #LAREVOLUCION
    #FREEBRAIDAS
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snip
    Edited by Yusuf on October 30, 2014 3:16AM
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if you realise that as one of the most notorious bomb group in EU, your part of a problem Dev are trying to get rid of as they explain in last QA. So am not sure they want to hold your hand in pvp ...
    They never intended blobing to be a valid way of playing, and so they never foresaw the lag it would induce.
    And its now obvious that lag/crash/delay and so on is caused by blobing.
    Edited by Vanzen on October 29, 2014 8:47AM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    I wonder if you realise that as one of the most notorious bomb group in EU, your part of a problem Dev are trying to get rid of as they explain in last QA. So am not sure they want to hold your hand in pvp ...
    They never intended blobing to be a valid way of playing, and so they never foresaw the lag it would induce.

I've seen lag many times in servers and campaigns with no bomb groups. Whenever the number of players and effects on an area increases, the servers start to struggle. I've keep defences with no bomb groups and terrible lag.

What they mentioned as a problem was the strategy of stacking, which is giving an advantage to bomb groups via AoE caps. That's what they intend to change. In other words, it's not they play-style they're unhappy with, it's the unfair advantage it gains via those caps. At least that's what I got.

They advertised this as a large-scale PvP game, it's not the players' fault the servers are crapping out.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ any feedback on this is appreciated. I even whispered you sorry when I killed you in pvp last time! :p
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a good thing tho. They would see first-handed what happens to the server, to performance, when 50+ AD Impulse monkeys starts spamming animations on top of each other. If anything, that would make them hurry the *** up, adding blob-breaker like more AoE targets and the new suicide bomb.

But more importantly, start focusing the performance instead of fluff content. As much as I puke all over the blobs, they aren't single-handedly causing it. Biggest problem in PvP is still performance. You cant use siege, oil and skills in Cyrodiil at times. Than the crashes and the roll-backs.

I often wonder if the devs really realise how bad it is on the EU megaserver? Anyway, rather they hang out with the AD lag trains during peak hours, than some small gank group on a lesser server.
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen lag many times in servers and campaigns with no bomb groups. Whenever the number of players and effects on an area increases, the servers start to struggle. I've keep defences with no bomb groups and terrible lag.

What they mentioned as a problem was the strategy of stacking, which is giving an advantage to bomb groups via AoE caps. That's what they intend to change. In other words, it's not they play-style they're unhappy with, it's the unfair advantage it gains via those caps. At least that's what I got.

They advertised this as a large-scale PvP game, it's not the players' fault the servers are crapping out.

I ve never encountered lag in pvp without a blob/zerg around.
    We have huge battle in Thorn (EU) during the afternoon w/o a once of lag despite hundreds of players at the same place.
    When I come out of a transition shrine, I know the second I see the lag that there is a zerg around. It never fails.

• rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, so the lag after 2 AM (UK time) with all factions on low pop and no bomb group around must've been purely an imagination by everyone in the group. Right, got it...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, thank you so much for the invitation! This is a great idea and something we'd certainly like to participate in. That said, we'd like to have you try Update 5 first (after it gets released on the Live megaservers) as we have many changes going in that affect Cyrodiil and PvP.

Once you have a chance to give Update 5 a test drive, let us know if you'd still like us to accompany you through some battles.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thank you so much for the invitation! This is a great idea and something we'd certainly like to participate in. That said, we'd like to have you try Update 5 first (after it gets released on the Live megaservers) as we have many changes going in that affect Cyrodiil and PvP.

Once you have a chance to give Update 5 a test drive, let us know if you'd still like us to accompany you through some battles.

Thanks <3 How about a day on the PTS for us to try it out in advance as well (I'd guess a weeks advanced notice might be enough for people to download it) ^^? Also the answer will always be yes (from the players) to having Devs join us in battle :p
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on October 29, 2014 3:00PM
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Garbrac
    Garbrac
    ✭✭✭

Thanks <3 How about a day on the PTS for us to try it out in advance as well (I'd guess a weeks advanced notice might be enough for people to download it) ^^? Also the answer will always be yes to having Devs join players in battle :p

PTS isn't a viable testing ground for PvP latency issues or ability responsiveness concerns.

Due to the lack of population in Cyrodiil on the PTS there is no way to duplicate the issues we experience. Even if they through in thousands of bots it won't give the same result as it does on Live. There are too many factors on Live that can't be replicated on PTS, not without having a massive turnout on the PTS, which I do not see happening.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I ve never encountered lag in pvp without a blob/zerg around.
    We have huge battle in Thorn (EU) during the afternoon w/o a once of lag despite hundreds of players at the same place.
    When I come out of a transition shrine, I know the second I see the lag that there is a zerg around. It never fails.

You must be very lucky then. I get it almost every night after midnight when the trains lose numbers and become small groups. It's particularly evident when all the remaining server players gather around one single keep, to just kill each other till they get bored and go to bed.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Garbrac wrote: »

Thanks <3 How about a day on the PTS for us to try it out in advance as well (I'd guess a weeks advanced notice might be enough for people to download it) ^^? Also the answer will always be yes to having Devs join players in battle :p

PTS isn't a viable testing ground for PvP latency issues or ability responsiveness concerns.

Due to the lack of population in Cyrodiil on the PTS there is no way to duplicate the issues we experience. Even if they through in thousands of bots it won't give the same result as it does on Live. There are too many factors on Live that can't be replicated on PTS, not without having a massive turnout on the PTS, which I do not see happening.

I agree but would still be nice to see this as well not in replacement of. I was on the PTS last test event and it still lagged and crashed with only 30 AD, 30 EP and 60 DC so I'm sure between some of the bigger bomb groups on EU (and Maybe even NA?) we can try get some people there. Its PTS so you don't even have to play on your live side for example KoCyro could be EP and SWAT could be AD ;)
    @Solar_Breeze
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An answer!
    Now i can die in peace :P
  • DlSTORTlON
    DlSTORTlON
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for getting back to us. Of course you'd like to experience the changes you've made live rather than the current, outdated, version. Looking through the patch notes and getting advise from those playing on the PTS (there is too much to do in live Cyrodiil for me to go there myself), many of the changes will be great. The incentives offered to certain play styles and builds are extremely interesting because we already play how we think you've trying to nudge groups towards... and therefore they're a buff for us ;)

We'll be sure to take you up on accompanying us, because many issues we've noticed already will likely be relevant after patch and can even foresee a couple with the changes.
    ZOS - proving that incompetence is rewarded more often than not since 2007

Elder Scrolls Online - Designed by geniuses, implemented by Mr. Bean
  • DlSTORTlON
    DlSTORTlON
    ✭✭✭
    (...) I'm sure between some of the bigger bomb groups on EU (and Maybe even NA?) we can try get some people there. Its PTS so you don't even have to play on your live side for example KoCyro could be EP and SWAT could be AD ;)

You can wear the away kit, Red seems to be your colour anyway ;) #dishdasha
    ZOS - proving that incompetence is rewarded more often than not since 2007

Elder Scrolls Online - Designed by geniuses, implemented by Mr. Bean