The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone notice Nightblade fear doesn't give immunity unless ya break it?

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Noticed that this morning..If you're feared..and decide to let it run its course, you can be feared right afterward.. I know the hard CC gives ya the CC immunity for a few seconds afterward so you can't be chain CCed..but i'm wondering if the CC timer for that is starting soon as you're feared.

Basically you have to break out of Fear or you'll die.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is a problem with all forms of fear. You only get immunity if you break out of it, otherwise you can be perma feared. Chalk it up to just another issue that has yet to be fixed, but take solace in knowing you aren't the only one that knows about it :p
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    Yes, this is a problem with all forms of fear. You only get immunity if you break out of it, otherwise you can be perma feared. Chalk it up to just another issue that has yet to be fixed, but take solace in knowing you aren't the only one that knows about it :p

Yea..I was just going to let fear run its course cause I didn't wanna waste my stamina on break free, then boom hit with it again right afterward...was like "wtf" hehe

• Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same applies to the fear on vampires "Turn Undead"
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never noticed it, as it takes a good chunk of my magicka each use; so I never intentionally used it multiple times per battle. I only used it if they were all up on me.

if it does, then it needs to be fixed. we don't need another WoW PvP model that's all about stunlocking the enemy to death.
    Edited by Cody on October 27, 2014 7:48PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, had it happen to me as well.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me all the time. This why i need my templars with me 24 7 now.
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    I never noticed it, as it takes a good chunk of my magicka each use; so I never intentionally used it multiple times per battle. I only used it if they were all up on me.

if it does, then it needs to be fixed. we don't need another WoW PvP model that's all about stunlocking the enemy to death.

I can't tell if you're being funny or serious... This game is all about cc since 90% of used abilities have cc attached to them. I get stun locked/root locked on 99% of the times I die. I have never gotten an immunity from letting any cc expire on its on. I don't always get it from roll dodge or break free either.

P.s. Iris is a great song. It's by the The Goo Goo Dolls in case you didn't quote it for not knowing.
    Edited by Luvsfuzzybunnies on October 27, 2014 9:50PM
    Jukette VR12 DC Nightblade 14 day campaign.
    Kitten Kisser VR12 DC Sorcerer 14 day campaign
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I can't tell if you're being funny or serious... This game is all about cc since 90% of used abilities have cc attached to them. I get stun locked/root locked on 99% of the times I die. I have never gotten an immunity from letting any cc expire on its on. I don't always get it from roll dodge or break free either.

P.s. Iris is a great song. It's by the The Goo Goo Dolls in case you didn't quote it for not knowing.
    i do admit the talon spamming is getting old. lol. as well as the Templars that spam puncturing strikes like its the only skill they have.

• pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i do admit the talon spamming is getting old. lol. as well as the Templars that spam puncturing strikes like its the only skill they have.

That's so not true, their other skill is Blazing Shield
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two things I want to mention.

First, I didn't even know you got any kind of CC immunity from being hit with anything. If I don't use Break Free while fighting pretty much any class, there is a good chance I will be chain CC'd until death.

Secondly, Fear is bugged atm and you are able to BLOCK while feared, which is ridiculous.

So I would be fine with them adding a few seconds of CC immunity after Fear as long as they fixed it to where you can't hold block while feared.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see the bug already

You cant block so you cant bash out (since you have to block to bash)

Dont ask for things they probably will mess up.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh so now you also want our nightblade skill called "fear" removed as well?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »

First, I didn't even know you got any kind of CC immunity from being hit with anything. If I don't use Break Free while fighting pretty much any class, there is a good chance I will be chain CC'd until death.

Secondly, Fear is bugged atm and you are able to BLOCK while feared, which is ridiculous.

So I would be fine with them adding a few seconds of CC immunity after Fear as long as they fixed it to where you can't hold block while feared.

You are able to blocked while feared because if you couldn't it'd be the most overpowered CC in the game, a 4.5 second cc that doesn't break on damage and goes through block? Getting feared would be instant death if you didn't cc break every time
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

fear is not a block breaker. its a type of CC.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are able to blocked while feared because if you couldn't it'd be the most overpowered CC in the game, a 4.5 second cc that doesn't break on damage and goes through block? Getting feared would be instant death if you didn't cc break every time

This. You want to remove block from it, allow me to block it to begin with like other hard cc.

krim wrote: »
    Happens to me all the time. This why i need my templars with me 24 7 now.

Heueheu
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's so not true, their other skill is Blazing Shield

crap. forgive me. cant believe I did not list that.....

anyway, yes. they block and spam strikes and shield. I do recall facing a Templar in BB who did only that.....

ach. im off topic. back to the discussion of fear
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All CC works and abilities work that way including eclipse.

You get no immunity to anything unless you break free of it.

You're shown your immunity to CC by the glowing white circles around your feet. If you have those not 50 invasion spamming DKs will be able to knock you over.

You can also use these to determine whether or not your target is capable of being knocked down or feared.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All CC works and abilities work that way including eclipse.

You get no immunity to anything unless you break free of it.

You're shown your immunity to CC by the glowing white circles around your feet. If you have those not 50 invasion spamming DKs will be able to knock you over.

You can also use these to determine whether or not your target is capable of being knocked down or feared.

I believe they changed stun in a recent patch to give immunity even if you don't break free
    Edited by Xsorus on October 28, 2014 4:31AM
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear is the only cc that really forces you to spend stamina every 4 seconds, since everyone´s perma blocking more or less you actually have to drain stamina on them to be able to hard cc anyone. However, fear completely ignores this. Is that really ok?
    :]
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting feared then immediately put into any form of unbreakable CC is the Chief Cause of My Deaths , I remember just yesterday a specific EP player and a few of his friends tried to Dps me down with no CC, I lasted for 6-7 minutes then a nightblade fears me, I walk into a templars blazing spear, stunned, the templar realizes this and I'm screwed from there.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear and Eclipse are the main reason I run immovable depending on the people I'm facing.

I think these abilities, while powerful, are balanced as they are both class defining skills and *are* counterable.

The immunity to fear is the same as any other CC, not 4 seconds.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fear is the only cc that really forces you to spend stamina every 4 seconds, since everyone´s perma blocking more or less you actually have to drain stamina on them to be able to hard cc anyone. However, fear completely ignores this. Is that really ok?

I know man. At least until a month back 80% of the NBs did not even slot it. Now you get feared wherever you go. Every time you run into a group, you see fear popping.

Maybe I'm just unlucky or maybe those NB duellists have scarred me for life, but what I know is I now always wear an Arena set and have Immovable on my first bar. It helps no end. You just have to be less edgy with your block. Basically if you're gonna put immovable on, stack some shields first and don't block till the shields go down all the way. Usually by that time you have recovered the stamina for immovable and through Harness recovered most of the magicka cost of the shields.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens with many forms of CC petrify/crystal frags/stonefist.
    its really rare, from what ive seen most people get CC immunity from fear its just delayed.(unless you god at timing) the only time you dont get CC at all from fear is when your enemy is blocking while feared he wont get immunity.
    Which I think is a fair double edged sword, you could break out but lose stam or not break out but waste stam to take less damage but the nightblade would have the power to reapply fear.
    This isn't a fear issue though im pretty sure some of you have gotten hit with 2 crystal shards and got the double knockdown.

(Also it teaches people to stop blocking 24/7 some people rely on that too much)
    Stamina is a resource people need to actually manage not throw away like many people do. People who mostly complain about this are magic builds which have low stamina (our weakness)
    Edited by Araxleon on October 28, 2014 1:55PM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »
    its really rare, from what ive seen most people get CC immunity from fear its just delayed.(unless you god at timing) the only time you dont get CC at all from fear is when your enemy is blocking while feared he wont get immunity.
    Which I think is a fair double edged sword, you could break out but lose stam or not break out but waste stam to take less damage but the nightblade would have the power to reapply fear.
    This isn't a fear issue though im pretty sure some of you have gotten hit with 2 crystal shards and got the double knockdown.

(Also it teaches people to stop blocking 24/7 some people rely on that too much)
    Stamina is a resource people need to actually manage not throw away like many people do. People who mostly complain about this are magic builds which have low stamina (our weakness)

Well, since NB damage is not exactly low, to not block while being feared leads in most cases (even duels) to being dead before fear ends. To call that a choice is kinda zynical...

Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, since NB damage is not exactly low, to not block while being feared leads in most cases (even duels) to being dead before fear ends. To call that a choice is kinda zynical...

Heres a tip. hold block and at the 3 sec mark let go. you get immunity then.
    This game isnt gonna hold everyones hand through everything...
    Edited by Araxleon on October 28, 2014 2:00PM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heres a tip. hold block and at the 3 sec mark let go. you get immunity then.
    This game isnt gonna hold everyones hand through everything...

Someone thinks hes a very smart one, ha? My statement has nothing to do with your reply. I was referring to your attempt to call that a "fair" choice, which I dont agree with.

What the crap has that to do with "handholding"?

No need for your tips, thanks.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on October 28, 2014 2:17PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, thanks for the reports on this. We are aware there's an issue here, specifically that if you are blocking while feared, you don't get CC immunity. This is something we are actively working on fixing.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for the reports on this. We are aware there's an issue here, specifically that if you are blocking while feared, you don't get CC immunity. This is something we are actively working on fixing.

Of course they're blocking while feared! That's all anybody does- block and spam skills!
    Edited by Desdemonte on October 28, 2014 3:52PM
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about streak breaking dodge ? Will you look at that too? It seems strange that's it's the only thing in game that breaks dodge/roll the immunity.
    Edited by TheBull on October 28, 2014 3:54PM
  • MiyaTheUnbroken
    MiyaTheUnbroken
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not know this about fear, though I've been running it for a while. I'm just glad that this particular skill is broken in our favor. I'd apologize for the disparity between this and other CCs, but I'm just so damned tickled. I hope it takes them months to fix, just like all of our other broken ***.