The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I can't see my own spells in Cyrodil.

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who else is getting this issue where you can't see any effects in Cyrodiil? Just trying to get a sense of how many of you are affected.
    holy shame :):D
    I know. It's ridiculous they have to ask. 100% proof that the devs don't play their own *** game.

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks all. We're still investigating and don't have any updates at this time, but in the meantime, can you all make sure your drivers are all up to date?
    Lol. It had to be our drivers huh...

• dreadlaxb16_ESO
    Itoq wrote: »
    Usually when my client crashes it just crashes with no warning and seemingly no rhyme or reason. Once in awhile though, I lose visuals on my casting and then get the crash within a second or so.
    Thanks all. We're still investigating and don't have any updates at this time, but in the meantime, can you all make sure your drivers are all up to date?

Yep same for me, when I'm not able to see my skills I crash a few mins after. My drivers are up to date.

<3:p<3
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who else is getting this issue where you can't see any effects in Cyrodiil? Just trying to get a sense of how many of you are affected.

Me after a long session. Re-logging fixes it though (but not /reloadui)
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else, but I can recreate the problem 100% of the time. All you need to do is be in a big battle for 3-5 minutes.

Drivers are always up to date.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Okay guys, we are actually testing a fix for this, and will try to get it out when Update 5 is published!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me if I cast a spell after ive "dodged" = rolled on the ground after falling or turned around while streaking. Every spell I cast thereafter has no animation. If I dodge again it fixes it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Happens to me if I cast a spell after ive "dodged" = rolled on the ground after falling or turned around while streaking. Every spell I cast thereafter has no animation. If I dodge again it fixes it.

If you are talking about what I think you are, that bug is easily reproducible by casting immediately before walking off a cliff (or dodge-rolling, jumping, etc.)

Very annoying and the only way I've been able to fix it when it happens to me is zoning or relogging.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay guys, we are actually testing a fix for this, and will try to get it out when Update 5 is published!

Awesome!

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Any word on a final fix for the sound bug?
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • needabrain
    needabrain
    Soul Shriven
    Well i also have this problem but in a larger way.

Neither the effect of my skills or of my opponents appear on my screen, it doesn't matter if i'm in cyrodiil on in pve, i simply don't have any effect showing up (it's also true for skyshard or books...).

I already sent 2 bug reports for this, never had an answer.

i can't tell if it started after the last large patch or after i upgraded my graphic card (nvidia 560 gtx ti).
  • Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭
    My driver is up to date, and the spells it constantly happens with are -
    Dragon scales
    Ash cloud
    Fragmented shield
    Dragonknight Standard!
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to hear, thank you.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vez
    Vez
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Did the fix go live with Update 5 or did you mean it will go live sometime after Update 5? Because I'm still getting particle effects culling with my effects sliders all the way up that once it begins (the first semi-large battle), I'm stuck without particle effects at all until I relog. Even the blue fire in the transitus shrines and wayshrines at the faction gates - far away from any battle - are gone until I relog. Again, this did not occur before the sliders were introduced in 1.4.
    Edited by Vez on November 9, 2014 4:24PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to neco this thread as it's still an issue for myself and a number of guild mates.

It's rather annoying to use Veil of Blades and not actually see where it is. :P
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I do! (nvidia gtx 780) Happens to me anytime there is more than 30players fighting in the same area and it remains until I relog.

Edited by frozywozy on November 27, 2014 3:32PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im still having this problem after update 5.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • TEDEPE
    TEDEPE
    Soul Shriven
    Im surprised no one has commented on this for such a long time. I still have this problem regularly, small scale and large scale fights. On PS4 EU.
    Edited by TEDEPE on December 31, 2015 6:30PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This started happening to me again recently (on PC). It happens constantly during periods of high latency. My Overload and staff heavy/light attacks were invisible for much of last night. My crushing shock always seemed visible however and it would come and go with the latency unlike the old issue where it would require a relog.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    This issue has been ongoing for about 3 weeks now for alot of people in my guild ....

We just assumed that it was lag .....

It happends on TF,AS and Had......

I might have a video of it will post as soon as i find it ...
    Sometimes the real enemy are the one who moderate it.

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

Heart of Daggerfall-=Iron Legion=- Founding Member

The one and only LordSteindeath
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I have this issue a lot, recently I have noticed it happening with my sorc pets. My Clanfear is clearly active, I have him set to follow mode, but he is nowhere to be found.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This STILL happens 95% of the time!!! It makes the game waaaay less fun and messes me up a lot!!
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen an ultimate meteor for 2-3 weeks when with a group.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This happens to me all the time actually. I am PS4 NA. It occasionally happens in PvE as well; but it fairly common in PvP. Most of the players I game with also experience this and complain about it. Often a relog fixes it.

It is pretty bad...I have become so accustomed to bugs and glitches that I just move on and almost accept it as 'normal'.
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
  • Violet_Jinx
    Unfortunately, I have this problem too :/ can't see skills I cast or skills cast by other players. Not nice being knocked on my arse all of a sudden because I couldn't see an attack coming from someone stood ten feet in front of me :/
    Edited by Violet_Jinx on March 9, 2016 3:29AM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

WAITING
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭

Every player on Xbox NA. We have put up with it since release
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    N-N-N-NECRO THREAD

Saw agrippa posted. Knew that wasn't right.
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PS4 and I also get this issue in large fights.
    (Mainly happens in Blackwater Blade and Azura..)

The most annoying glitch is I can't see my hands turn purple (when My Crystal Frag Procs)
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyaal wrote: »
    N-N-N-NECRO THREAD

Saw agrippa posted. Knew that wasn't right.

Miss Agrippa :(
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Avianographer
    Avianographer
    ✭✭
    I had this happen to me last night. I couldn't see my Force Pulse hitting targets even though the animation played for me using that ability. I wasn't sure if I was even hitting anyone since there were so many people in the battle that I couldn't track player health to find out.

I'm on the PC NA megaserver.
    Edited by Avianographer on March 9, 2016 4:50PM