The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Elude makes you DODGE THE HEALS from Momentum and it's morphs!

Teargrants
Teargrants
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So as I type this I'm watching my character dodge heals from Rally on the pts. GG zenimax, I thought dodging heals was a bug that had been fixed. Thanks for correcting me. :\
POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EP ※ Teargrants ※
EP ※ Kissgrants ※
DC ※ Kirsi ※
Vehemence Council
#JustOutOfRenderRange
~Teargrants YouTube~
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a dedicated stamina NB, I would love for this to be fixed before it goes live. Who the hell do I tag for this?
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just toss caltrops, tag everyone.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it also makes you dodge the heals from Force Siphon and its morphs, and the heal from Entropy.

it has been like this since 1.3 but it seems my reports have gone completely unnoticed both on the forms and via /bug so i have given up on them EVER fixing it.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any dev have something on this?

• omy_mkeb17_ESO
    And also the heals from Funnel health...
    Hello?
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever tagged an Admin before, but I really hope we can get some kind of answer on this. It's tricky playing as a melee stam Nightblade, and this would be kinda serious for the builds I run.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ I would appreciate anything on this, even just knowledge that you guys are aware and/or looking into it.

• Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I run a build where dodging is my main defense. I also plan to use momentum. And entropy.

Some looking into this would be nice :)
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am 100% aware no one but me cares about this, but I'm still eager for an answer. This is important to me. Any devs out there?

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dee Tick in His infinite wisdom has chosen not to bring dev attention to this issue. We must not question the judgement of Dee Tick.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dee Tick giveth, and Dee Tick taketh away (from those who push the resource). All bless his name.

BUT SERIOUSLY this is my pet issue now because my build is sacred. It must not be defiled....

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing dev comments in quite a few threads around here. Let's get some love for one of the NB's only defensive skills!

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Satiar wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever tagged an Admin before, but I really hope we can get some kind of answer on this. It's tricky playing as a melee stam Nightblade, and this would be kinda serious for the builds I run.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ I would appreciate anything on this, even just knowledge that you guys are aware and/or looking into it.
    You rang? :)

There's good news and bad news with this one. Good news is we are aware this is happening and are working on a fix. Bad news is the issue is fairly complex, and likely won't be fixed by time we release Update 5.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Gina, thanks for the response.

I understand these issues are complex, all I needed to know is that someone is aware of it. it is frustrating, as both Momentum and Elude are currently mainstays of my build and would be cornerstones of it come 1.5. But thanks for dropping in, I will follow these skills and their subsequent fixes with great interest :smile:

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this just an issue with Elude and Momentum or are there other heals that Elude dodges?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to say that using hist bark will make you dodge quick siphon and sap essence heals which is kinda annoying for nightblade tanks. I believe any form of dodge makes you dodge these heals while miss chance doesn't effect it. This is from watching my add on say dodge sap will and quick siphon and never say miss sap will or quick siphon
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't this same thing happen with Elude + quick siphon or whatever that NB skill is. Did they ever fix that one?
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I'd recommend to players to avoid (pun! :smile: ) the dodge skills and mechanics (elude, blur, cinder storm, spectre's eye set). Some only work on melee attacks, some on magicka/ranged, some don't work on boss attacks/aoe, and apparently they dodge heals as well. All in all, these skills need a major revamp.
    Edited by Zheg on October 29, 2014 2:54AM
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't this same thing happen with Elude + quick siphon or whatever that NB skill is. Did they ever fix that one?

they havent... i reported that back on the PTS versions of 1.4 and they never even acknowledged it..
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • ozmorgudduth
    ozmorgudduth
    ✭✭✭
    How can this be a complicated issue? The heal is flagged as damage, seems like easy thing to fix.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An update on this: if you block while Rally is active, you end up blocking the heals and it drains your stamina. This is... really unfortunate.

• bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the same for Spectres eye. I was in trials and noticed my character side stepping, he was dodging my healers heals lol.
    ~Thallen~
  • mousekime111rwb17_ESO
    Any word on if this fix will come out this coming Monday @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One bright side to this is that I'm learning more situational blocking.

Downside is I can't really block. Or Dodge. Someone fix this skill! Dee Tick save us all, amen.

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So ummm...

The patch said it fixed this, but nothing has changed. Still blocking heals, still dodging heals. What gives?

• Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    How about changing the enemy skills that hit us for damage while cloaked/stealthed such as crushing shock to heals and all will be fair. This way when the enemy knows they are doing wrong by spamming a skill at us, it will heal us instead of keel us/break cloak and/or stealth...

I know this is more of a dodge but it may just happen to work out if they implement it?
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on November 11, 2014 11:43AM
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My siphoning NB tank still suffers from dodged heals ...

AND atm even the Magicka and Stamina recovery are not functioning with Hist Bark & all major Evasion abilities!!!
    After the fight my Stamina and Magicka pool are not filled back again.

Below the answer of Gina Bruno that ït"will be fixed...

Is it the intention, dear devs, that it will never be fixed...
    or is it fixed if you stop Stamina recovery during blocking ???

There's good news and bad news with this one. Good news is we are aware this is happening and are working on a fix. Bad news is the issue is fairly complex, and likely won't be fixed by time we release Update 5.
    Gina Bruno
    Assistant Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • xaade
    xaade
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

You rang? :)

Dodge applied, DodgeCalc subscribed to DamageTopic, do not subscribe to HealTopic

Dodge applied, DodgeRoll(double damage) { If (damage is negative) return false) }

I can think of a million places where you can check if it's a heal.
    I can think of one reason you can't. Dodge doesn't have access to all the information of the thing it's dodging.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ability also prevents you from using Funnel Health fluently. You can find yourself endlessly dodging your own HoTs.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Gina Bruno,

Could you please tell what is intended with Major Evasion, Dodge, Hist Bark regarding siphoning heals.

Is the intention that they are dodged as well or not (and is it an unintended bug in a "fairly complex issue" ?

With the Stamina recovery disabled for blocking in the next patch, dodging does save Stamina block costs, and will be of more interest.

And for sure that the normal recovery (even out of combat) of Stamina and Magicka stops if you use any Major Evasion Dodge cannot be the intention... or is it ???

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You mean to tell me that if I use something like Double Take from the NB skill line I could actually dodge a heal from the healer in a group dungeon, or even my own heals?