The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Radiant Magelight Sneak Attack Damage Reduction Bug.

Samadhi
Samadhi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The skill Radiant Magelight (morph of Magelight in the Mage's Guild line) is supposed to reduce Sneak Attack damage when toggled on.

Presently, the skill will work for a brief duration, then the bonus will be lost. Logging out and logging back in appears to remedy this issue.

Have not managed to narrow down what is breaking it. Does anyone have a more precise view as to when the bonus is lost?
It's possible the bug may be the result of dying or teleporting with the toggle on, but have not quite pinned it down yet.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ is there particular activity we should be watching for that may be breaking this skill or has a history of breaking the effect of toggled buffs?

Fixing this skill so that it works as intended would go a long way toward mitigating the complaints players have made regarding the damage output of Sneak Attacks.
The counter for these attacks exists in game, but is currently bugged and not working properly.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please clarify,

is the spell turning off only when you teleport/die or sometimes even if you are standing there doing nothing

Mage light has always turned off when you die or change zones, generally any loading screen is enough to turn it off as well. (ever been jumped by a random loading screen while exploring?)

if it is now turning without warning while not doing those things either you are like i sometimes do and hitting the hotkey for it or it is genuinely bugged.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    please clarify,

is the spell turning off only when you teleport/die or sometimes even if you are standing there doing nothing

Mage light has always turned off when you die or change zones, generally any loading screen is enough to turn it off as well. (ever been jumped by a random loading screen while exploring?)

if it is now turning without warning while not doing those things either you are like i sometimes do and hitting the hotkey for it or it is genuinely bugged.

Not an issue of the skill turning off; the bonus goes missing with the skill active after about 10-15 minutes of play time.

Have seen other players post about the issue before as well, just have not been able to narrow down the cause yet.

Going to test more when able.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the report, @Samadhi. Are you seeing this on the Live megaservers as well, or just on the PTS?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The radiant magelight lingers "on" after you die and you arent getting the crit bonus. However, under active effects- it does say you are getting the effect it provides. The spell is buggy and we need it to stop the robin hood ganking that has become the flavor of the month.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Fair enough. We're going to dig into this as soon as we can, and will let you all know when it will be fixed. Apologies for the delay in addressing this!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report, @Samadhi. Are you seeing this on the Live megaservers as well, or just on the PTS?

@ZOS_GinaBruna

The issue is also appearing on Live, and has been present for some time.

The skill has two effects, an increase of Spell Crit stat, and a reduction to damage taken on Sneak Attacks from other players. This thread is about the Sneak Attack reduction bonus going missing.

Another player recently posted in another thread that they seem to have gotten to the bottom of this issue:
    Tolce wrote: »
    After getting rank 4 I never have it bug out anymore. After a lot of testing I was able to figure out that anyone else using it will break yours, if yours is lower rank. Such as mine is rank 4, yours is rank 3, yours will break. After both are rank 4 neither break.

The stealth hit reduction does work, for both caster and those within 20m of them.

So it appears that lower rank (I-III) Radiant Magelight skills are being broken through proximity to higher rank instances of the skill; a player with a higher rank instance of the skill breaks the effect of the player with the lower rank skill.

Planning to powerlevel my skill from rank II up to rank IV tonight, and see if that remedies the issue for me as well.

Will /bug and post results once the opportunity to test the results is available.

Thank you for the response on the issue.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    You're welcome, and thanks for the additional information!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Tolce
    Tolce
    I keep posting but I don't know why really. I made believers out of people after I figured it out though, if they listen.

I think the reason it bugs because most skills in this game stacked at 2 different ranks until they get "fixed". 2 different ranks would provide over 100% reduction and obviously they thought about this one before when they made it. So I'm guessing it was suppose to cancel the lower one but instead it just breaks it till relog.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was able to reproduce this. Rank IV on the skill appears to have solved the issue for me. Played for a few hours without having to relog to fix the skill even once.