The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Patch Notes v1.5.1

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Does 1.5.1 include the fixes from 1.4.7?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well if the stealth attack nerf goes live shouldn't there be similar nerfs to game elements that other classes use to win?

For example should damage shields and block still prevent the stun effect from stealth attacks?

Should impulse still be unblockable?

Should it still be possible to deal out damage while blocking?

NB can not use dmg shields or block?

NB can not use impulse?

NB can not use abilities while blocking?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.. check on PTS so WW timer is reduced seems like the opposite of what people wanted but wait most of WW attacks are stronger and heals are stronger. Hmm... WW actually feels pretty strong now the reduced WW timer makes it more balance. No problems here.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • Reduced the amount of bonus damage provided by stealthed attacks against other player characters.
      • Note that stealthed attacks are still always critical strikes that stun your target.

Why was this changed instead of simply fixing the skill that is in game that is programmed to have this effect?

Nerf all damages on a strategic advantage, instead of fixing the strategic counter to it?

Terrible approach; if this goes live, expect to have many Nightblade players to provide extreme outcry. This disproportionately nerfs Nightblade as a class, considering their Class skills are made to be used from stealth.

Please revert this change and fix Radiant Magelight instead.

Expect an outcry regarding Block mitigation coupled with this, fair warning.

Did we all really think 2-3k burst dmg out of stealth was fair?

Do you think not being able to heal/damage shield is fair?
    There are (should be) consequences to every build, with both weak & strong points. That's what makes them unique.

What this change does, it makes us become sorcs with Crystal Shards ("Snipe") and Venom Arrow ("Crushing Shock"). Nothing unique about that.

If something hits you for 2-3k, how about getting more than 3k health?
    (By the way, there are more things that hit you for 2-3k, such as Meteor & Silver Shards if you are a vampire, or Ambush->Soul Harvest/Flawless Dawnbreaker)

Instead of fixing the protective measure (Radiant Magelight), or giving more health to everyone in Cyrodiil, they decide to dumb down the game even more, which is a common outcome when developers listen to bad players who think everything is "OP".

So your answer is yes, you feel like one-shotting someone out of stealth is fair and a good mechanic for the game? 3k hp, while not the highest allowable, also is not bad and far from a glass cannon.

Did you read any of the above posts (or the ones that have been posted on the PTS forum throughout the week) about bow burst damage already going down by a lot (due to shorter animation & -5% damage)?

No, I'm not a big fan of short TTK (again, can be fixed by adding more health to everyone), but I'm even less a fan of not being able to play an "assassin" or "rogue" in an RPG.

I do not believe whatever nerf to stealth dmg is coming will remove your ability to play a rogue or assassin. I'm just a firm believer in there should never be wide access to what basically amounts to a one shot in pvp. Trust me, I've one shot countless people in PVP with wrecking blow, and I always thought it was incredibly ridiculous.

Tell me, how am I going to be any different than a light armour wearing sorc, if they remove the extra burst damage stamina builds have (until now) been capable of? Perhaps cosmetically, with different looking armour & resource for dealing damage. But I'm one of those people who don't play games for cosmetics.

Huh? You mean you're actually going to have to fight now with using weapon swaps, many abilities both offensive and defensive, block, dodge, and you know .... actually play the game instead of be in hide and snipe+heavy+light+poison arrow all hitting at the same time before you re-hide again? Sounds devastating.

You're all over reacting anyways (as NBs for some reason always seem to do) as I'm sure this nerf is no more than 10% so your 2k sneak attack is now hitting for 1800 which is basically no issue at all.

If you want to know how I'm fighting, feel free to check out my PvP videos on my youtube channel. Your description couldn't be further from truth ;)

How does lack of uniqueness & dumbing down make a better game?
    If I want to play a rogue character in a RPG, I damn well should be able to do so.
    If I get basically no benefits from using stealth, how am I playing a "rogue" or an "assassin" archetype?

Besides, as I mentioned above (something you also decided to ignore), there are multiple abilities & combos capable of one shotting you, even out of stealth.

Instead of fixing them all (by adding more health to everyone in Cyrodiil), or improving the stealth mechanics somehow, they decide to dumb down the game to appease the baddies who died to an archer in Cyrodiil. Next those baddies are going to die to another thing, and they're going to make another "nerf" post.

As I posted in another thread: some people find the fault in everything but themselves.
    Well if the stealth attack nerf goes live shouldn't there be similar nerfs to game elements that other classes use to win?

For example should damage shields and block still prevent the stun effect from stealth attacks?

NB can not use impulse?

Only ones this stealth damage nerf is affecting are stamina builds.

Have fun using dmg shield, impulse or block while playing a stamina build.
    (Tip: first two will run you out of magicka in 3 seconds and the last one runs you out of stamina in 3 seconds)
    Edited by DDuke on October 20, 2014 9:04PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduced the amount of bonus damage provided by stealthed attacks against other player characters.
    Note that stealthed attacks are still always critical strikes that stun your target.

Really?...

3 People cry about it on the forums, and stealth damage gets nerfed.

Can we get some details on how much this damage was reduced by?

According to people who actually tested bow burst damage on PTS, it was already going to get reduced due to the shorter animation time on Snipe and its morphs (no time to queue up the heavy attack+venom arrow landing at the same time).

It needed it ... 2k + damage with someone wearing heavy is to much...keep in mind heavy is gimp anyway...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Reduced the amount of bonus damage provided by stealthed attacks against other player characters.
    Note that stealthed attacks are still always critical strikes that stun your target.

Really?...

3 People cry about it on the forums, and stealth damage gets nerfed.

Can we get some details on how much this damage was reduced by?

According to people who actually tested bow burst damage on PTS, it was already going to get reduced due to the shorter animation time on Snipe and its morphs (no time to queue up the heavy attack+venom arrow landing at the same time).

It needed it ... 2k + damage with someone wearing heavy is to much...keep in mind heavy is gimp anyway...

Did people just become illiterate over the last few hours?

It's been posted multiple times that bow burst damage was already getting nerfed. I won't repeat that again.

If you mean 2k+ damage from a single Snipe, that requires a Mark applied before (-75% armour for caster & you in case you didn't know its effects).
  • Gurchanar
    Gurchanar
    I was hoping to see Shield Dyes. And some major Gaurd NPC are still without cloths..
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • Reduced the amount of bonus damage provided by stealthed attacks against other player characters.
      • Note that stealthed attacks are still always critical strikes that stun your target.

Why was this changed instead of simply fixing the skill that is in game that is programmed to have this effect?

Nerf all damages on a strategic advantage, instead of fixing the strategic counter to it?

Terrible approach; if this goes live, expect to have many Nightblade players to provide extreme outcry. This disproportionately nerfs Nightblade as a class, considering their Class skills are made to be used from stealth.

There are (should be) consequences to every build, with both weak & strong points. That's what makes them unique.

What this change does, it makes us become sorcs with Crystal Shards ("Snipe") and Venom Arrow ("Crushing Shock"). Nothing unique about that.

(By the way, there are more things that hit you for 2-3k, such as Meteor & Silver Shards if you are a vampire, or Ambush->Soul Harvest/Flawless Dawnbreaker)

Instead of fixing the protective measure (Radiant Magelight), or giving more health to everyone in Cyrodiil, they decide to dumb down the game even more, which is a common outcome when developers listen to bad players who think everything is "OP".

So your answer is yes, you feel like one-shotting someone out of stealth is fair and a good mechanic for the game? 3k hp, while not the highest allowable, also is not bad and far from a glass cannon.

Did you read any of the above posts (or the ones that have been posted on the PTS forum throughout the week) about bow burst damage already going down by a lot (due to shorter animation & -5% damage)?

No, I'm not a big fan of short TTK (again, can be fixed by adding more health to everyone), but I'm even less a fan of not being able to play an "assassin" or "rogue" in an RPG.

I do not believe whatever nerf to stealth dmg is coming will remove your ability to play a rogue or assassin. I'm just a firm believer in there should never be wide access to what basically amounts to a one shot in pvp. Trust me, I've one shot countless people in PVP with wrecking blow, and I always thought it was incredibly ridiculous.

Tell me, how am I going to be any different than a light armour wearing sorc, if they remove the extra burst damage stamina builds have (until now) been capable of? Perhaps cosmetically, with different looking armour & resource for dealing damage. But I'm one of those people who don't play games for cosmetics.

Huh? You mean you're actually going to have to fight now with using weapon swaps, many abilities both offensive and defensive, block, dodge, and you know .... actually play the game instead of be in hide and snipe+heavy+light+poison arrow all hitting at the same time before you re-hide again? Sounds devastating.

You're all over reacting anyways (as NBs for some reason always seem to do) as I'm sure this nerf is no more than 10% so your 2k sneak attack is now hitting for 1800 which is basically no issue at all.

/agree plus with the increase in all stats it is all in the wash.. should be similar to whats live right now... i tested two handed nb all i have to say is wow.. stamina build 10% + 30% swing rate doing 200+ on light attacks.. omg it sucked all my endo on my dragon knight extreamily quick...i could not believe the swing rate...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try fear..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Does 1.5.1 include the fixes from 1.4.7?
    Yes, it does!
    Gurchanar wrote: »
    I was hoping to see Shield Dyes. And some major Gaurd NPC are still without cloths..
    Which guards?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    General

If you want to know how I'm fighting, feel free to check out my PvP videos on my youtube channel. Your description couldn't be further from truth ;)

How does lack of uniqueness & dumbing down make a better game?
    If I want to play a rogue character in a RPG, I damn well should be able to do so.
    If I get basically no benefits from using stealth, how am I playing a "rogue" or an "assassin" archetype?

Besides, as I mentioned above (something you also decided to ignore), there are multiple abilities & combos capable of one shotting you, even out of stealth.

Instead of fixing them all (by adding more health to everyone in Cyrodiil), or improving the stealth mechanics somehow, they decide to dumb down the game to appease the baddies who died to an archer in Cyrodiil. Next those baddies are going to die to another thing, and they're going to make another "nerf" post.

As I posted in another thread: some people find the fault in everything but themselves.

NB can not use impulse?

Only ones this stealth damage nerf is affecting are stamina builds.

Have fun using dmg shield, impulse or block while playing a stamina build.
    (Tip: first two will run you out of magicka in 3 seconds and the last one runs you out of stamina in 3 seconds)

It is not dumbing down a game to remove stealth one shots.

I'm not sure why you keep repeating that a nerf to stealth dmg is removing your rogue archetype. There still will be bonus stealth damage.

Yes you mentioned one ultimate, one vampire only attack, and one sneak attack + ultimate ability. I fail to see how this has anything to do with what we are discussing.

So because your desired playstyle can burst off 3k HP from stealth, everyone else needs to have their HP raised to accommodate it? But what is that going to do to the playstyles that do not rely on 3k stealth burst?

You completed missed the point on that second quote by the way.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have notice a lot of jewelry in more rarity in containers like blue and green diamond rings and necklace.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is not dumbing down a game to remove stealth one shots.

I'm not sure why you keep repeating that a nerf to stealth dmg is removing your rogue archetype. There still will be bonus stealth damage.

Will there? It wasn't specified on the patch notes if there would still be stealth damage (reducing it in the first place is unnecessary).
    Yes you mentioned one ultimate, one vampire only attack, and one sneak attack + ultimate ability. I fail to see how this has anything to do with what we are discussing.

Combos that can one shot you:
    Ambush->Soul Harvest/Soul Tether/Flawless Dawnbreaker/Meteor
    Ambush->Surprise Attack->Soul Harvest (or Tether)
    Meteor
    Silver Shards

Likely there are more, but those are the ones I'm familiar with (NB+guild abilities) and none of them is a "sneak attack".
    So because your desired playstyle can burst off 3k HP from stealth, everyone else needs to have their HP raised to accommodate it? But what is that going to do to the playstyles that do not rely on 3k stealth burst?

Multiple playstyles can burst 3k damage. Some can even do that and heal/dmg shield themselves.

If you spec stamina, you do not have that luxury (but you do did have the stealth burst damage & more stamina for roll dodge/CC break).

Accept the shortcomings of your build & prepare yourself against them, instead of crying "nerf nerf" at everything that kills you.
    You completed missed the point on that second quote by the way.

Oh, was that meant to imply that "you can always spec magicka instead of complaining"?
    Funny, where have I heard that before...
    Edited by DDuke on October 20, 2014 9:44PM
  • Orious13
    Orious13
    Why don't people test it out before they cry nerf?

I for one would rather there be no <1 second kills. Right now I am a stamina build not even VR 14 yet, but picked up a damage shield because of nightblade's burst damage. Now they only kill me in <1 second 50% of the time.

What needs to happen is lower cost of stamina skills and increase effectiveness of those skills. The sneak bonus is a basic skill-set of all classes. So what you will see is this sneak bonus being reduced, but over time the specific skills on the correct classes will see an increase. The main edge with sneaking is so you always attack first. Bonus damage is secondary. Remember that they said they wanted to raise all skills to the level of the current op/boring builds.
    Edited by Orious13 on October 20, 2014 9:52PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orious13 wrote: »
    Why don't people test it out before they cry nerf?

I for one would rather there be no <1 second kills. Right now I am a stamina build not even VR 14 yet, but picked up a damage shield because of nightblade's burst damage. Now they only kill me in <1 second 50% of the time.

What needs to happen is lower cost of stamina skills and increase effectiveness of those skills. The sneak bonus is a basic skill-set of all classes. So what you will see is this sneak bonus being reduced, but over time the specific skills on the correct classes will see an increase. The main edge with sneaking is so you always attack first. Bonus damage is secondary. Remember that they said they wanted to raise all skills to the level of the current op/boring builds.

Yes, I would also prefer no <1 second kills. But I would prefer that in a way that doesn't ruin a playstyle & promote further singularity in player builds, instead of dumbing down & removing burst/stealthy builds from the game. Wasn't removing critical strikes (Impenetrable) enough for the developers?

Also, I would hardly call stamina builds OP/boring... especially after the already reduced bow burst damage.
  • Trema
    Trema
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

How about a set from Serpent Trial for healers (magicka sustain)?
    Edited by Trema on October 20, 2014 10:08PM
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stealthy classes are always the whiniest of all in MMO's. No difference here. Unless they can immediately 1-2 shot a character that is stun locked, their class is deemed weak.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would really like to see Nightblade's Master Assassin passive become a permanent effect, rather than only applying the increase in Spell and Weapon Damage while in Stealth.

If Stealth attacks are being nerfed on the whole, at least mitigate some of Nightblade's reliance on Stealth to receive their Class bonuses.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    thorspark wrote: »
    I'm really patient, but sometimes, I just don't understand the mess you're doing.
    QFT

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would really like to see Nightblade's Master Assassin passive become a permanent effect, rather than only applying the increase in Spell and Weapon Damage while in Stealth.

If Stealth attacks are being nerfed on the whole, at least mitigate some of Nightblade's reliance on Stealth to receive their Class bonuses.

Well night blades have only two passives pertaining to stealth and that is Master Assassin and Shadow Barrier. We also have only have one skill that does extra stuff against enemies hit from stealth and that is Veiled strike.
    Then we have a skill that can turn us invisible and a ultimate that can turn our allies invisible. Night blades really do not have a lot of skills dealing with stealth. Now if we had multiple ways to go invisible though our attacks or passives then yes but most stealth passives are from med armor, Bosmer, and Khajit races.

Now that I think about it most of the nightblade skills really do not benefit from the Master Assassin passive and the Shadow Barrier is only useful when coming out stealth when we actually need it during combat.

It really makes you wonder if night blades are really a stealth class. I do not even use my night blade as stealth class anymore.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    There you go! NB nerf :D
    Happy to see they nerf the weakest class :D
    Edited by Kypho on October 20, 2014 11:13PM
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, regarding sneak damage:

Stats with bow: 160 weapon damage 2400 stamina

Snipe from stealth: 1100 damage (crits)
    Snipe not in stealth: 540 damage (no crit) with 810 on crit
    Heavy attack stealth: 950 damage (crits)

Snipe vs heavy: Snipe deals more damage, has a faster base cast time, and can apply debuffs. Heavy costs no stamina.

Now the interesting part: Greatsword (2400 stamina and 210 weapon damage)

Greatsword heavy attack from stealth: 1870 (crit)
    Greatsword heavy attack not in stealth: 610 (no crit) 915 (Crit)

So it would appear that greatsword sneak attack damage has been BUFFED in this patch. I personally like this, but is this intended?
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of buffing bows to the nines and then having to decrease sneak attack damage across the board (thus affecting everyone that uses sneak attack), why not just NOT buff bows so much and leave sneak attack damage as is?
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of buffing bows to the nines and then having to decrease sneak attack damage across the board (thus affecting everyone that uses sneak attack), why not just NOT buff bows so much and leave sneak attack damage as is?

Because they want to make sustained stamina based single target dps for endgame pve viable not make cheap OSK stealth bowman OP in pvp.
    Edited by PBpsy on October 21, 2014 12:14AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    •Flaming Oil will now only affect targets that are at least 6 meters below you; oil will no longer do any damage if used on the ground.

Nooooo..........
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, regarding sneak damage:

Stats with bow: 160 weapon damage 2400 stamina

Snipe from stealth: 1100 damage (crits)
    Snipe not in stealth: 540 damage (no crit) with 810 on crit
    Heavy attack stealth: 950 damage (crits)

Snipe vs heavy: Snipe deals more damage, has a faster base cast time, and can apply debuffs. Heavy costs no stamina.

Now the interesting part: Greatsword (2400 stamina and 210 weapon damage)

Greatsword heavy attack from stealth: 1870 (crit)
    Greatsword heavy attack not in stealth: 610 (no crit) 915 (Crit)

So it would appear that greatsword sneak attack damage has been BUFFED in this patch. I personally like this, but is this intended?

These numbers don't help me much cause I don't know what you're hitting for on live.

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could of just fixed Radiant Mage Light....that would of solved the problem

Also Heavy Armor users whining about getting sniped.

Armor of the Construct. You now take less Sneak Attack damage.
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the biggest problem with heavy armour is that they get marked, which means their armour doesn't count for much...

Can someone on PTS test if you still have time to apply Mark before Snipe lands?
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    I think the biggest problem with heavy armour is that they get marked, which means their armour doesn't count for much...

That applies for everybody.

Anyways, what PvP campaigns are open on the PTS? I'm itching to test this stealth nerf out.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
  • Fafnisbane
    Fafnisbane
    ✭✭
    Regarding the flaming oil nerf:

I created a forum account to make this post.

Zenimax, please, PLEASE do not do this. This is one of the worst imaginable changes that you can make to the game. The reason that people use oil is because it's one of the only things that does not have an AOE cap. If it were possible to kill a raid of 24 people all bunched up with a three yard radius of each other in ANY other way at all, that's what we'd do, but the fact that they exploit the AOE cap to make themselves functionally IMMUNE TO DAMMAGE means that oil is our only choice. (In that scenario, 75% of the group takes ZERO damage from an AOE attack. Healers can heal through that without any difficulty at all because heals automatically target those with the lowest health.) Zerg balls won't even have to attack, just bunch up on the flag and revel in their immmunity.

I cannot emphasize enough how terrible a decision this is. If this change to oils is implemented before the AOE caps are fixed, I personally know many, many people who will unsub. We don't want to play in Cyrodiil when zerg balls can exploit game mechanics to make themselves invincible, and we won't want to play a game where the developers show themselves so uncaring of player feedback that they ignore or keep putting on hold the fixes we've been demanding since the beginning (fix AOE caps) and implement other decisions that actually make the situation worse.