The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I can't see my own spells in Cyrodil.

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bramir wrote: »
    I have this issue as well, but I have always assumed it is my very average PC struggling with all the shiny stuff...
    Indeed. I spoke up about this issue in zone chat EU Thornblade, but received slack and was told my memory sucked. Seems it might not be just my mediocre pc after all.

My blazing spear is not showing at all in large fights, nor can I see other people's batswarms. I also keep getting stuck on the charge animation. It's almost like the start/beginning of the ability is bekng showed, but the rest/last bit if the ability doesn't activate.

Edited by Koensol on October 16, 2014 8:15AM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this earlier today also.

Azura's star
    Edited by Domander on October 16, 2014 8:16AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ I don't think you even need to have a video. This issue happens to nearly everyone. Just log into the game at primetime, hop intk Cyrodiil and you will see it instantly while being in large battles.
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me it usally goes in order #1 lose your own visual effects #2 lose your own sound #3 lose animation. Or does lose sound come first?

That the game makers learn of this stuff from the forums should be unbelievable...
  • Aerrimus
    Aerrimus
    ✭✭
    I'm experiencing the same thing on Thornblade NA after the last large patch.

Once it starts the following happens:

1. The burn marks don't go away on my face and body.
    2. I get stuck in the charge animation.
    3. I don't see my skill animations.
    4. I don't see reflected skills or ranged skills that hit me.
    5. I actually got knocked down and slid around the keep on my back until I got killed once.
    6. I have to reloadui to exit keep doors sometimes.
    7. Sometimes I have to swap weapons to enter/exit doors.

The last time I lagged really bad, no one else was having problems. I checked my video settings and found that I had left the 2 new particle sliders set to half way. After lowering them to 0 it reduced the amount of lag and it only got bad in large scale battles.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Here is four minutes of footage of this bug which occurred to me on Thornblade this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdEw53Yd9vs&feature=youtu.be
    Edited by Ezareth on October 17, 2014 1:04PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who else is getting this issue where you can't see any effects in Cyrodiil? Just trying to get a sense of how many of you are affected.

do you have any idea how many times I have reported this issue directly in game?

but I am happy they are looking into it.
    Edited by JaJaLuka on October 17, 2014 1:41PM
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Here is four minutes of footage of this bug which occurred to me on Thornblade this morning.

Great evidence of exactly what we're all talking about.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

This is perfect, thank you @ezareth_ESO‌!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens when I drop my Cinderstorm (Ash Cloud morph).

llbvMPV.jpg
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • seneferab16_ESO
    seneferab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, skill effects have been very laggy for me since the update. I was just complaining the other day to my PvP partner about having to throw out Caltrops several times in a row because of ability lag and he didn't understand what I was talking about at first. He'd seen all of my Caltrops just fine.

Sometimes it can take up to 10 seconds for an effect to appear and other times it is instant. Strangely enough, the amount of fighting goin on around me doesn't seem to effect it much.

To my knowledge, I did not have these issues before the update.

Thornblade EU.

Edit: As I was writing this I did a weapon swap and my Restoration Staff stopped rendering.

Edited by seneferab16_ESO on October 19, 2014 8:52PM
    Aerin Treerunner, pre dinner snack
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

This is not the bug I get. For me it is not just that the spell animation effects aren't showing, but that my character doesn't even go through the physical animations. One weapon set will just be visually frozen in position--no movement whatsoever (not even light or heavy attacks). The spells will go off, at least according to damage/healing numbers from FTC, but no weapon movement in addition to the no spell effect animations. This usually just affects one weapon set and not when I switch to the other. It only goes away on death or relog.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

This is not the bug I get. For me it is not just that the spell animation effects aren't showing, but that my character doesn't even go through the physical animations. One weapon set will just be visually frozen in position--no movement whatsoever (not even light or heavy attacks). The spells will go off, at least according to damage/healing numbers from FTC, but no weapon movement in addition to the no spell effect animations. This usually just affects one weapon set and not when I switch to the other. It only goes away on death or relog.

Yes I've had that one before as well @booksmcread‌. That version of this bug probably happens 50% of the time I experience the bug. You have no character animations as well as casting animations, you just see the enemy health going down and know your spells are doing damage.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    Who else is getting this issue where you can't see any effects in Cyrodiil? Just trying to get a sense of how many of you are affected.

Me!
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would anyone happen to have a video showing this, by chance? We're going to start digging into this today, but videos always help!

You people obviously do not have a Q/A team playing the public servers :|
    Meh...**** it..
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Spells and weapons fail to appear (submitted screenshots via in game bug report PvP & PvE.)
    • Weapons swaps stall or fail completely (PvP.)
    • Skill firing delays.
    • Doors can't be interacted with (yes, have tried all the tricks.)
    • Siege can't be used after being dropped.
    • Random crashes and lag.
    • Alliance passive skills not working.

Reported these and other issues several times before.
    Edited by kewl on October 20, 2014 1:40AM
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Yes I've had that one before as well @booksmcread‌. That version of this bug probably happens 50% of the time I experience the bug. You have no character animations as well as casting animations, you just see the enemy health going down and know your spells are doing damage.

@ezareth_ESO‌

Don't know if you've gotten this before, but I just realized tonight when it happened, I can't go through a door when I have that bug with the weapon set that is messed up. Have to swap weapons to enter a door. Have you experienced this too?
  • james_vestbergb16_ESO
    I get all the issues you guys listed aswell, and on top of that I constantly get this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYo4nx2WfyIV2lqSmp4dEFiWk0/view?usp=sharing

Anyone else getting that last one too?
    Edited by james_vestbergb16_ESO on October 20, 2014 4:45AM
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone mentioned the bug that mainly happens after res, but can happen seemingly anytime, where you can't use any skill or switch weapons?

I /reloadui the other day and it was fixed but in the past I have tried /reloadui and it hasn't fixed anything.

Somewhat OT but in the same vein...
    Edited by Itoq on October 20, 2014 4:36AM
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

perfect description of the bug I frequently encounter myself.
    Mind you, what the aforementioned video is showing is ALSO happening to myself, but actually less frequently.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happens to me on any NA campaign. I really have to watch players health levels to see if they have an ulti down sometimes (especially veil of blades). Most of the time im standing there doing no animations on my DK when this happens.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • skoomatrait
    skoomatrait
    ✭✭✭
    holy shame :):D
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno -> Everyone gets this during lag festival - to replicate it you just have to join a big battle during peak hours (example - European evening on Thornblade EU) and play for a while. You'll get:
    • spells not rendering,
    • crash to desktop (specially when lots of siege is used),
    • some sound effects stop playing,
    • you get instant-killed by lots of attacks landing on you at once which you can't see coming one by one due to lag,
    • can't mount or fast travel (getting stuck in battle for no apparent reason)
    • you don't take damage or can't damage others (or heal)
    • "You can't swap weapons right now" fixable by ESC->ESC
    • You can't enter postern door until you weapon swap

And probably more then this.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this happens to me...I dont even have animations. I press a combat skill..no visuals and no animation..but the skill effect still happens, you just dont see anything. Its really weird.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • shanersimms_ESO
    shanersimms_ESO
    ✭✭✭

This happens to me often lately.
    -Lord Shaszahan the Archmage, of The Septim Bloodline
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭

i had this happen 2 nights ago, there is also still a problem with culling
  • Vez
    Vez
    ✭✭✭
    I get all the issues you guys listed aswell, and on top of that I constantly get this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYo4nx2WfyIV2lqSmp4dEFiWk0/view?usp=sharing

Anyone else getting that last one too?

Yep. I've been getting that since 1.4 as well.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all. We're still investigating and don't have any updates at this time, but in the meantime, can you all make sure your drivers are all up to date?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*
    Edited by riverdragon72 on October 23, 2014 4:33AM
    Meh...**** it..
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder a bit if this is tied in with the current round of no error message crashing (and I didn't use to crash much until a few patches back.)

Usually when my client crashes it just crashes with no warning and seemingly no rhyme or reason. Once in awhile though, I lose visuals on my casting and then get the crash within a second or so.
    Edited by Itoq on October 23, 2014 5:11AM