The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My character is 'not found' by anyone else

Lord_Wrath
Lord_Wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
I am trying to sell my crafting services but nobody can whisper me or even invite me to a group because my character is 'not found'. Apparently an accented A in my character name has my toon stuck in offline mode since update 4. I was hoping todays patch would fix my issue but seems not. I can chat just fine, invite people to group myself and trade, but nobody can with me unless they are with me using the interaction wheel.
1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Lord_Wrath,

The stuck offline bug was hotfixed recently, so you can change your status on either the Guild or Contact menu by selecting the online indicator in the top-left corner of the window. It looks like this:

bovbo2sq2chf.jpg

If the indicator doesn't work, you can change your status using the following commands in your chat box:

/script SelectPlayerStatus(1) – Available/Online

/script SelectPlayerStatus(2) – Away

/script SelectPlayerStatus(3) – Do Not Disturb

/script SelectPlayerStatus(4) – Offline

We are investigating the issues for characters that contain special characters in their names. For now, other people show be able to whisper you by using your @ name if it doesn't contain special characters. We appreciate your patience as we work towards a solution.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    We are investigating the issues for characters that contain special characters in their names. For now, other people show be able to whisper you by using your @ name if it doesn't contain special characters.

They can whisper me by typing @ character name or account name?
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would need to be your account name in that case.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me most of my names and account name contain a " ' " character. Other players can't whisper or find me.
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are investigating the issues for characters that contain special characters in their names. For now, other people show be able to whisper you by using your @ name if it doesn't contain special characters. We appreciate your patience as we work towards a solution.

So, what about those of us whose @ name DOES contain special characters?
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This still isnt fixed!? Not very fun being 'offline' forever...
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, folks! Our Customer Support Team is able to resolve this issue (and you won't lose your character's name!). We have gone ahead and created tickets for those in here who have the "special character in name" issue. If anyone else is experiencing this, please let us know here and we will be happy to put you in touch with our CS Team. :)
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on September 29, 2014 6:22PM
    Staff Post
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    All 4 of my chars have accents in their names so can I get some help so that people can actually invite me to grps with ease instead of me telling them to manually invite me with an @ name everytime. This is just amateurish :(
  • Majia
    Majia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have the issue as well with one character.
    (There is a workaround by using "/invite @accountname" as a command, but if people are busy they don't want to start typing...
    So - yes please fix it without changing the character name.
    Amélie Kara - Magicka Templer - PC EU
    Makellose Eroberin - Die Entfesselte - Geistschlächterin

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." (Terry Pratchett)
  • Eru
    Eru
    Soul Shriven
    Hello!
    I am experiencing this same thing, I can't be invited in parties with my main: Erú
    my account name is: @Erutharon, could u please fix this this issue for me?
    I would also be very pleased if I could use the name without the ', so that would mean if it would be possible to change my characters name to: Eru if that name would be available?
    Thanks in advance!
    Edited by Eru on September 30, 2014 7:02AM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add me to the list. I had already submitted an in-game ticket but it was marked as "solved" pending an actual fix...
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, folks! Our Customer Support Team is able to resolve this issue (and you won't lose your character's name!). We have gone ahead and created tickets for those in here who have the "special character in name" issue. If anyone else is experiencing this, please let us know here and we will be happy to put you in touch with our CS Team. :)

Michelle , I suggest you actually speak to your CS team!! You say I wont lose my chars name....This is your CS reply.

Currently, applying any accents on any character name, is causing some issues such as the one that you are currently experiencing. At this time, a workaround would be to change the names of your characters and any other options would lie with future software patch updates.

• Majia
    Majia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @synnerman
    Hm...different people answering perhaps. Got this today morning regarding the name issue (also name with an accent):
    [....]
    I just wanted to let you know I have a solution, however I need your permission to do so! All I have to do is flag your character for a rename, then you enter in the same exact name you're currently using, special characters and all. Players will then be able to whisper and invite you like normal! Just let me know if you'd like me to do this!
    Edited by Majia on September 30, 2014 10:17AM
    Amélie Kara - Magicka Templer - PC EU
    Makellose Eroberin - Die Entfesselte - Geistschlächterin

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." (Terry Pratchett)
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

It seems like there were some crossed wires so we just wanted to clear everything up!

- When you submit a ticket to CS, your character will be flagged for a rename. The next time you log in, you will be informed of this and asked to name your character again. You may use the exact same name, accents and all, in your rename and the bug will be resolved.

- Our development team is working on a solution for the over-arching issue. That said, we do not have an ETA on when that will go live, and we'd like you to be able to access social functions without having to wait on a time frame. We understand that it can be a bit frustrating, but the process is simple and won't take long. We sincerely appreciate your patience in utilizing this workaround.

- For anyone that is still experiencing this same issue, we ask that you submit a ticket to our CS team and request a rename for your accented characters. This will ensure that you receive access to your social functions in the speediest manner without having to wait for a mod to create a ticket for you.

This should clear up everything, but if there are additional questions or concerns please let us know and we'll be happy to help out. Again, thank you so much for your patience, and we look forward to your uninhibited return to socializing in Tamriel.
    Staff Post
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ty , I have now mailed them back to ask for a rename of my 4 chars.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm having this problem too. please help
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @fredthementenrb18_ESO,

We have created a CS ticket for you in order to address the issue. They should be with you via email soon!
    Staff Post
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can re-enter the exact same name, why can't they just do a global edit of all the problematic names? It seems like a strange and unnecessary workaround to require player action to change a name to... the same name. If there is absolutely no perceived change to the user's experience, there is no need to even ask for permission to do the change for them, is there?
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @fredthementenrb18_ESO,

We have created a CS ticket for you in order to address the issue. They should be with you via email soon!

awesome, ty
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO,

Name changes are being issued on request as once the process is initiated, your name becomes available again. If we were to batch rename folks and they only log in on the weekends, their name could be taken from them without their knowledge, which would be sad. Issuing name changes on an individual basis allows the user to determine the time frame in which the name change takes place.

We understand this is slightly frustrating, but we're doing our best to work out the underlying issue and accommodate folks appropriately at the same time.
    Staff Post
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO,

Name changes are being issued on request as once the process is initiated, your name becomes available again. If we were to batch rename folks and they only log in on the weekends, their name could be taken from them without their knowledge, which would be sad. Issuing name changes on an individual basis allows the user to determine the time frame in which the name change takes place.

We understand this is slightly frustrating, but we're doing our best to work out the underlying issue and accommodate folks appropriately at the same time.

No, what you are describing is "batch mark for rename", not "batch rename". I would expect someone at ZOS has the power to actually rename characters, and to do so using the current character name. Is this not the case?

Also, I've posted in this thread stating that my previous ticket was marked as "solved" and requesting a rename for my character, and got no answer. In fact, I have three characters with this issue. Do I have to submit an in-game ticket for each?
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, @daemonios. You should be able to retain your current character name (special characters and all) once our Support Team does the name reset. We do see that our team replied to the ticket we created for you on the forums (140929-000889) a few days ago to request more information. If you don't see their reply in your inbox, please don't hesitate to let us know here!
    Staff Post
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, @daemonios. You should be able to retain your current character name (special characters and all) once our Support Team does the name reset. We do see that our team replied to the ticket we created for you on the forums (140929-000889) a few days ago to request more information. If you don't see their reply in your inbox, please don't hesitate to let us know here!

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm afraid there is nothing in my inbox with that ticket number. The last thing I have is a reply to my ticket # 140918-000863 saying there was no solution to the problem at the time (this was on Sept. 19).