Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Watch the Next ESO Live on 9/26"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the discussion thread for the blog article Watch the Next ESO Live on 9/26. Below is the schedule for tomorrow's ESO Live show, as mentioned in the article:
  • Fan creation showcase featuring Principal Figure Artist Tatiana Malinko
  • Recap of the most recent ESO news
  • Upcoming events organized by fans
  • Interview with UI Designer Chris Strasz
  • Sneak peek at upcoming ESO merchandise
  • Hot topic discussion featuring Lead PvP Designer Brian Wheeler
  • Live developer Let's Play of Dragonstar Arena
  • More Tamrielic pronunciations
  • Giveaways throughout the show!
Look forward to seeing you there!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is appreciated that the company is hosting these.

Looking forward to seeing what comes up for discussion in the segment by @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay now this one sounds interesting. I'll be there. The last one seemed to have a heavy focus on art and roleplaying, which isn't very interesting to me.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope Brian gives us some good news. Lots of hot topics. Hopefully that isn't just a bunch of imperial city stuff...
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I`d appreciate if this could be some honest talk about the issues plagueing PvP and how Brian is planning to solve those challenges. PvP at the moment is not a satisfying adventure mostly due to game related issues (bugs, crashes, lags) and failed implementation (forward camps, buff campaigns = onesided campaigns, ae caps).
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brain Wheeler's appearance will be much appreciated, especially if it's something more than PR talk about upcoming content updates.

There's no need to crawl through the dirt and beg for forgiveness, but just some more information about the how and why of Cyrodiil's troubles would go a long way. We, your customers, don't have nearly the trouble with comprehending things as it sometimes may seem. :smile:
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Give me Ice Wraith so I can annoy people! And also can't wait.
  • Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    So far the responses suggest that the @ZOS_BrianWheeler section is the one gathering most interest - let's hope that the time allocated to this reflects that.

PvP may well be viewed by some parts of the community as a side show but IMHO it is a key element - get it right and the future of ESO is secured; get it wrong and ESO will fade away.

Let the LOL'ing begin.
    Edited by Razour on September 26, 2014 8:45AM
    ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shall we get excited about pvp? I think no. Oh imperial city imperial city... When? Never!
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mertusta wrote: »
    Shall we get excited about pvp? I think no. Oh imperial city imperial city... When? Never!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Wheeler has a lot of splain' to do LUCY! Some of my PvP guild is going back to WoW because of the crap going on in PvP right now. FIX IT!!
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exciting!

Looking forward to seeing what the Wheeler has to say, Boethiah smile upon him.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To sum it up:

No Q&A, no imperial city soon, no additions to pvp soon, no fixes soon, pvp team not responsible for combat and because the "hot topic" was such a farce they desperately decided to label Nightblade talk PvP...

This is probably the most disappointing treatment of pvp I have ever experienced. Gosh, you advertized PvP as one of the major pillars of ESO endgame to make me buy your product. Now please deliver, thanks!
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on September 26, 2014 9:31PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for tuning in, everyone! You can view the archive of ESO Live Episode 2 on Twitch now.

Brian was there to provide a short update on some of the PVP hot topics, not to do a Q&A. We will be holding a separate, more in-depth PVP Q&A in the next week or two. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe next time you decide to do a play though maybe it would be a better idea to have the Q&A team to play while the responsible for the design can comment? Or just answer questions. At least have the Q&A team couch the designers a bit about how to play the game better. It was embarrassing to see they played very inefficiently as a group together not taking advantages of the team, but instead all running around like individual players doing the content by themselves like a bunch of greenhorns.

PS: Killed the entertainment of the stream if nothing else.
    Edited by Sunrock on September 27, 2014 3:11AM
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for tuning in, everyone! You can view the archive of ESO Live Episode 2 on Twitch now.

Brian was there to provide a short update on some of the PVP hot topics, not to do a Q&A. We will be holding a separate, more in-depth PVP Q&A in the next week or two. :)

Hey Jessica,

your last sentence sounds promising, thanks for the heads up. I am still very passionate about the game and think its fundamentals have the potential to become one of the greatest pvp games I ever played.

It`s just the lack of attention and pvp related content additions / necessary adjustments that irritate me.

Best regards
  • Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    In summary the PvP hot topics section was:
    - we're not responsible for a whole bunch of stuff that impacts on PvP.
    - we finally fixed postern doors.
    - now we're looking at fire pots.
    - we've got some ideas about how to reduce troll camp tactics (but no solution).

Biggest problem that I have with all that is the first point. It may well be that internally, the PvP team only has a very narrow focus, but in front of customers then it is the whole piece that matters and whoever is talking on the topic needs to represent ZOS and not just their narrow (internal) interest.
    Edited by Razour on September 27, 2014 10:44AM
    ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• horvandillusb16_ESO
    Hey Jessica,

Would it b possible to do an episode or a feature about how to get easy into pvp for pvp newbies in ESO. That would be great. I guess there are many people just enjoying pve content and than go to pve and just get beaten. If you do this more than one times than you don't play pvp anymore. What could newbies do about that?
  • Rifraff_ESO
    @Zos_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I noticed during the episode that there was no mention of Vokundein as one of the guilds that cleared DSA on the PTS and having a voice on the dev panel. Was this an oversight?
    Vokundein
    Rifraff - Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the show and the hoodie! o:) That was unexpected!
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razour wrote: »
    In summary the PvP hot topics section was:
    - we're not responsible for a whole bunch of stuff that impacts on PvP.
    - we finally fixed postern doors.
    - now we're looking at fire pots.
    - we've got some ideas about how to reduce troll camp tactics (but no solution).

Biggest problem that I have with all that is the first point. It may well be that internally, the PvP team only has a very narrow focus, but in front of customers then it is the whole piece that matters and whoever is talking on the topic needs to represent ZOS and not just their narrow (internal) interest.

Amen.

If they want PvP players to stay, they need to be more drastic.
    Nerf the whole damage done in PvP by 80% and remove most of the CC, and the remaining add timers to it. Is absurd someone can spam eg Talons, at significantly reduced cost compared to the cost that needed to break it. Or Invasion, stun someone before you even go near to them, and can be cancelled to be applied again, keeping the target locked without been able to break until the end of the move.

Right now PvP is just a frag fest, completely far shy of how it was used to be in beta, because of the damage scaling and broken mechanics.

If they want to make a proper long standing Elder Scrolls game, they need to do it properly. Or else now, is not different than some shambles WoW clones who tried PvP.
  • Klashnikov
    Just want to throw this out there, I've never play WoW but I feel like this game is 1 million times better than it. Its still a new game, give the developers a break. I think WoW's had about a decade of polishing their game, so its not really a fair comparison when this one's only been out about a half of a year.

That rant aside.. If any devs see this, please make it possible to have senche tigers and/or lions as pets :D Then I will be truly happy with this game :)

Also I've noticed a lot of people mention in game housing being important to them and it would be good if this game beat wow to the punch in that aspect. I've heard rumors about it. Maybe include it next time?