Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Arena (normal and harmode) dropping only VR13 gear?

DDuke
DDuke
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Couldn't find any other posts about this. It seems that the chest after arenas drops only VR13 set items (I can confirm this it the case up to the 6th hardmode Arena atleast).

Can we get a response whether this is a bug or intended,
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ ?
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, thats BS...we got to stage 7 last night...purple 13's are dropping...
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With how difficult the Vet is, this should definitely be changed...
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes even to stage 9 it's dropping vr 13 epics on veteran, I got a couple vr14 blues however.
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure but I think somone mentioned earlier in PTS section that VR14 purples only drop in hard mode. Same applies to Trials. So good luck farming that. If it's true IMO thats BS. Hard mode should only exist for achievments.
    Edited by inf.toniceb17_ESO on September 18, 2014 10:17PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure but I think somone mentioned earlier in PTS section that VR14 purples only drop in hard mode. Same applies to Trials. So good luck farming that. If it's true IMO thats BS. Hard mode should only exist for achievments.

As stated on above posts, VR14 does not drop from hardmode either, only from the Serpent Trial apparently.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AA & Hel Ra are only dropping VR12 loot when it was droping VR13 in PTS...
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no comments from ZOS regarding this...

It is the only thing that is keeping me away from doing Arena again, so it'd be nice to get a reply.
    I don't want to waste time & effort getting+upgrading VR13 sets if the drops are going to get fixed & made VR14.
    Edited by DDuke on September 20, 2014 1:37PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    It is intended that VR13 gear is dropping in Dragonstar Arena Veteran Mode, though there is a chance that you can receive some VR14 gear. This is not a bug, though we are open to hearing your feedback on this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is intended that VR13 gear is dropping in Dragonstar Arena Veteran Mode, though there is a chance that you can receive some VR14 gear. This is not a bug, though we are open to hearing your feedback on this.

Thanks for the reply!

Me & most of the people I've talked to find it a bit unrewarding that Veteran Mode Arena drops mostly VR13 loot. Personally, I think you should always have a chance to get a VR14 random blue/purple item, or a VR14 set item when running Veteran Mode.

Perhaps you could make set items really rare on the first stages and then make them more frequent the further you get? Or having fixed loot tables on the Arenas (first arena dropping X pieces, second arena dropping Y pieces & so on).

I think that would satisfy most players :)
    Edited by DDuke on September 20, 2014 2:57PM
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried normal mode last night, I got 3 blue VR7, 1 blue VR8 (since I leveled up) and 1 blue VR13 somewhere inbetween (3rd or 4th chest). So is it intended to drop VR13 gear for everyone, or character level or VR13, whichever is lower? I'm okay with what I got, just want to note that I got mixed rewards :)
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Perhaps you could make set items really rare on the first stages and then make them more frequent the further you get? Or having fixed loot tables on the Arenas (first arena dropping X pieces, second arena dropping Y pieces & so on).

I think that would satisfy most players :)

I agree with this idea. You don't want people grinding the first stage over and over and getting all VR14, but you should be rewarded the further you progress. There are 10 stages, right? What about:

Stage 1: 10% VR14 drop rate
    Stage 2: 20% VR14 drop rate
    ... ...
    Stage 9: 90% VR14 drop rate
    Stage 10: 100% VR14 drop rate
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Arena has terrible rewards, even if they bump purples to v14.
    The sets available are not worth the time or effort.

It's just a waste of repair gold and potions.
    Which is a shame, because it is actually really fun.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    Yea having tried just normal mode, and seen the "rewards" it yielded, I would say as soon as the novelty/challenge factor wears off (a few clears), I dont see much reason doing it.

I think rewards need to be bumped alot, vet mode should more or less only drop VR14, and the chance for purples and sets should increase as you progress in the arena.
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • tyguild_ESO
    tyguild_ESO
    ✭✭
    No "reward" at all if you're getting garbage that's lower level. May as well run normal.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    Tried normal mode last night, I got 3 blue VR7, 1 blue VR8 (since I leveled up) and 1 blue VR13 somewhere inbetween (3rd or 4th chest). So is it intended to drop VR13 gear for everyone, or character level or VR13, whichever is lower? I'm okay with what I got, just want to note that I got mixed rewards :)

If you're VR7 for example you will loot VR7 stuff but if you're VR14 it's mostly capped at VR13
  • Running
    Running
    ✭✭
    Reward sucks and money sink...
    stage 1 = 420 gold repair+potion Reward: 74 gold+blue ***
    stage 2 = 250 gold repair+potion Reward: 74 gold+blue ***

• Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    The challenge for Arena is great. The mechanics are fun. You did awesome with it. It is, however, a tremendous money sink with repairs, soul gems and potions.

The loot is a bit lackluster. In my personal opinion I think it sucks that only purple jewelry for healers and tanks drops.
    • Why isn't there Destructive Mastery and Archer pieces for neck and fingers?
    • Why not throw in Nirncrux items/gems?
    • Why not put more gold in the chests to help us recover the money sink?

Edit: Oh! And why does Footman gear have exploration trait? ... really?
    Edited by Dunkmeister on September 22, 2014 1:29PM
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    We could have a way to change set trait . New passive or something.
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    whats the point of doing veteran dragonstar arena when every stage but the last drops the same gear as normal? did you guys think before you implemented these drops?
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm actually ok with the drops, other than the final round rewards. The final round is fairly difficult and the loot table should not include a blue vr13 bow of shock like I got last night.

rip decibel
  • Azarath_tiberius
    Azarath_tiberius
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! And why does Footman gear have exploration trait? ... really?

Try to find shoulders, hands, helmet and jewelery on this set. Those armor pieces have divines trait (so the best option is to get shoulders, hands) and with the rings, necklace you got 5pc.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »

heh, re-read this. I thought the point of a video game was to have fun...?
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    oren74 wrote: »
    kaer426 wrote: »

heh, re-read this. I thought the point of a video game was to have fun...?

Of course. If this was a singleplayer game, you'd complete the content once and you would've had good time doing it. However, in an MMO content requires replayability to keep people around, and if the rewards aren't worth doing it over & over again, people won't do it.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Feedback: We do not like it. Normal mode droping VR13, ok, but HM droping mostly VR13: Why would you do that? At least make it drop VR14 after stage 5...
    Edited by TehMagnus on September 25, 2014 1:11PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In my opinion, the only normal mode change that should definitely happen is that a good set piece is guaranteed from the final round. At least I will for sure be able to sell something and make back what I lost in repairs and potions (see my previous post in the thread, I received a blue bow of shock- hardly the stuff to inspire another round of DsA). And I do sincerely hope that a change is made so that you get a decent v13 purple piece from the hard mode final round, and keep v14 in the serpent. As of right now, there is no good incentive to repeat the arena after beating it, and that can be a problem in a game where there's not a whole lot of challenging PvE. I'm not requesting amazing items, I don't think everyone should run around with legendaries after beating it; there's just an underwhelming feeling that undermines the sense of accomplishment of completing the content.

rip decibel
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The lack of loot being dropped and financial gain possible is what is keeping me from doing this. Id rather stick to trials than spend more time doing this and losing tons of gold for no real gain.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • ericprydz82ub17_ESO
    VR14 jewelry does drop but I am unsure at which boss they start dropping. I have friends that have reported bosses 8+ dropping vr14 jewelry on Veteran mode only. Now it might be boss 7 that starts dropping the vr14 jewelry pieces but it is unconfirmed at this point.

Seeing as how vr14 jewelry is going for 100k+ at the moment, if you have a good group that can grind out bosses 1-9 with little wipes, it is a great way to make gold until more people are easily able to do the same.

As of now I have not seen any vr14 armor pieces but it would be nice if they would also drop starting on one of the last few bosses.
    -Pryda - Ebonheart Pact XB1 NA
    World first HelRa Hardmode player.
    GT: Bootleg Mix
  • Lizelle
    Lizelle
    ✭✭✭

v14 gear should drop from Dragonstar Arena Veteran mode.... The level of difficulty should be rewarded.

• Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really - As far as I'm concerned that is a near game breaker for me. It's getting harder to justify devoting time to this game when you make decisions like this

That is my honest feedback
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭

Rewards for vet dsa should definitely be vr14 but perhaps only after wave 5, so the first half can drop 13 the second half vr14. This would stop people farming the easy waves.

Also repair costs were way too high, gear should not get damaged in dsa.