Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wood Elf Slayer/Imperial Slayer Achievement?

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday I received a notification that I had earned the "Imperial Slayer" achievement, which had previously never been in my list of Alliance War Achievements. At the same time, I noticed that the Wood Elf Slayer achievement had vanished (it was in progress for this particular character).

I sent a bug report but I am curious if anyone else has seen something like this? The new patch today didn't change anything.
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • jkirchner71ub17_ESO2
    I have completed the Imperial Slayer Achievement but haven't had any negative affects to my other race slayer achievements.
    MAIN
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Torroch, VR14 Orc DK Rank 22, Officer in Maelstrom
    Once again looking for an organized PvP guild to join - viva la Venatus

NON-PvP Alts
    Ebonheart Pact
    Torach, VR12 Orc Sorcerer, GM House of the Tamriel Ten
    Torrach, VR8 Orc Templar, House of the Tamriel Ten (older brother of Torach)
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I logged an in-game bug on this issue several weeks ago and I am not surprised this is still not fixed.

Before earning the achievement, the Imperial slayer achievement is listed as a second tier achievement under the Wood Elf achievement. Once you complete it, the Imperial achievement displays as complete and the Wood Elf achievement disappears completely. Evidently this game thinks the two races are one and the same.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Before earning the achievement, the Imperial slayer achievement is listed as a second tier achievement under the Wood Elf achievement. Once you complete it, the Imperial achievement displays as complete and the Wood Elf achievement disappears completely. Evidently this game thinks the two races are one and the same.
    Ah, OK @LonePirate‌ , so I guess the guildmates I talked to probably haven't earned the Imperial Slayer achievement? Or maybe it doesn't affect everyone if folks like @jkirchner71ub17_ESO2‌ didn't see any changes with Wood Elf Slayer after earning Imperial Slayer?

Your account of what is happening would explain why no one notices this bug until a somewhat hidden trigger is activated.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it is possible players could see something different if they kill 100 Wood Elves before they kill 100 Imperials. Either way, there is a definite problem with these achievements.
  • murmur
    murmur
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial slayer is for some reason second tier of Wood Elf slayer, so if you kill 100 imperials before 100 wood elfs, wood elf one will turn into imperial slayer. I got imperial slayer first and later on I got wood elf slayer, so your progress won't dissapear, you just don't have anything where you could check your progress.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good to know, thank you @murmur‌ I guess I will just be surprised when that 100th Bosmer falls.

• ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, folks. Thanks for reporting this to us. We can confirm that this is a bug, and our team is working on fixing this. We've added the "Wood Elf Slayer/Imperial Slayer" achievement to our Broken Achievements megathread, where we'll provide an update as soon as we have one.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there, folks. Thanks for reporting this to us. We can confirm that this is a bug, and our team is working on fixing this. We've added the "Wood Elf Slayer/Imperial Slayer" achievement to our Broken Achievements megathread, where we'll provide an update as soon as we have one.

@ZOS_JasonLeavey Back on August 11th, I posted in that very same topic/discussion thread about the problems with the Bosmer/Imperial Slayer achievement. And you're just now realizing it is broken so you're updating the list? Do you guys ever read and pay attention to that thread or am I the only person whose posts and bug reports are ignored?
    Edited by LonePirate on September 16, 2014 1:28PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for adding it to list and letting us know. It's a small thing if it's just cosmetic. BTW, I just got the notification for Wood Elf Slayer, but it doen't show up as its own listing/icon under Alliance War Achievements. If you click the arrow next to Imperial Slayer, though, you can see it there underneath.