Update 4 Issues

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Why did you guys ask us to test the update on the PTS if you're going to ignore the bugs and regressions we report? Why should we test future updates on the PTS if our reported issues are going to be ignored?
    Welcome to the PTS, where your bug reports are sure to be ignored!

I have a large list of bugs i reported on PTS over 1 year ago and guess what, they're still in the game.

At this point, i'm pretty much convinced all PTS bug reports go straight into the recycle bin.
    dry.gif
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the problem is ZOS fired their entire QA dept early on and never rehired.
    Edited by smeeprocketnub19_ESO on September 15, 2014 7:25PM
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lose a little faith when something as simple as maintaining player settings with a patch gets overlooked.
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »
    I lose a little faith when something as simple as maintaining player settings with a patch gets overlooked.

It's not an issue of maintaining it, it looks like the files that store your settings had default versions lumped into the patch, overwriting yours. I backed up my settings before the patch and noticed afterward that they had a more recent timestamp.

As for why the files got in, well, I'm sure it was unintentional, but it's a heck of an oversight.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Zabalah
    Zabalah
    ✭✭✭
    Ability bar does not display, either in or out of battle. This happened on entering The Far Shores. Getting reports from other guildies they have the same issue, in different zones.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Zabalah wrote: »
    Ability bar does not display, either in or out of battle. This happened on entering The Far Shores. Getting reports from other guildies they have the same issue, in different zones.
    We haven't seen any other reports of this, @Zabalah. Are you running any add-ons? Also, just to make sure, can you double check that "Show ability bar" is checked in your options?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you go into your interface settings there is an option for the ability bar to show always. It defaulted back to auto with the patch.

Haven't tested if leaving it on auto will make it show up like it should in combat. Testing now.

EDIT: Yep, shows up when entering combat when set to Automatic (Settings-Interface-Heads-Up Display, Ability Bar). You might check and see if it got set to always hide.
    Edited by Phinix1 on September 15, 2014 7:47PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaebdub wrote: »
    My out of combat sneak speed as vamp with night silence armor is too low. It was working as intended before this patch. I also lost all my in game settings and since most in game settings are not global i will need to reset it for my main and 7 alts.

These no longer stack. Read the patch notes.

Which is freaking ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with the Night'sSilence set and the way it worked for vampires. Now it is completely WORTHLESS for vampires as there are MANY better sets since it's main attraction, the speed, no longer exists. I've sunk a ton of gold into my Night's Silence set and I WANT IT BACK.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    My out of combat sneak speed as vamp with night silence armor is too low. It was working as intended before this patch. I also lost all my in game settings and since most in game settings are not global i will need to reset it for my main and 7 alts.

Which is freaking ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with the Night'sSilence set and the way it worked for vampires. Now it is completely WORTHLESS for vampires as there are MANY better sets since it's main attraction, the speed, no longer exists. I've sunk a ton of gold into my Night's Silence set and I WANT IT BACK.

They should have at least capped it slightly faster than vampire sneak alone, so vampires had SOME speed advantage over any old player wearing some sneaky pants.

Bad move says I.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad I didn't upgrade my armor past blue, personally. Still a huge waste of mats, and ZOS never gives us refunds.
  • Zabalah
    Zabalah
    ✭✭✭

This appears to have been a revert to default settings.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently there is no one left in QA to test stuff at all - again the simplest bugs were not detected and happily pushed into the patch.
    But I guess they are right - why waste any resources to test stuff if u can abuse your live player base as testers for free, right?
    Smart move, and saves Z a lot of money...
  • ESOcrafter
    ESOcrafter
    ✭✭
    Running animation (not sprinting) while holding Resto staff is bugged. The animation is now stiff like the 1handed and shield animation. Can you please fix this.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I built a set to try it. It was too fast. Just Dark Stalker speed gets me into trouble sometimes. I use it for sneaking and you really can't with that much speed. Forward ... stop, forward ... stop became a real pain. I'd end up clicking too close together and somersaulting into the trash.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I built a set to try it. It was too fast. Just Dark Stalker speed gets me into trouble sometimes. I use it for sneaking and you really can't with that much speed. Forward ... stop, forward ... stop became a real pain. I'd end up clicking too close together and somersaulting into the trash.

if you are traveling through cyrodiil it can be a lot of fun. Or could be. Lots of room to speed around. I used it to quest in cyrodiil. Wasn't quite fast enough to use it to effectively run from keep to keep, I still used a horse for that.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a vamp and my Night's Silence set bonus is not working at all after the patch. Same sneak speed as when unequipped.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    For anyone with reset "controls" in future patches,

The Binder Addon will save contols settings and allow them to be reloaded and applied to other characters. As soon as I allowed outdated addons back on it immediately put my controls back.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Redoing all of my key bindings one at a time for 6-8 alts... hear that deafening screeching noise? That's my gears grinding.

Resetting tutorials? Really???
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We haven't seen any other reports of this, @Zabalah. Are you running any add-ons? Also, just to make sure, can you double check that "Show ability bar" is checked in your options?

This just makes me barking mad. What the hell are you talking about? Don't you know that all of the "Interface" settings have been reset to the defaults? Didn't anyone tell you about this? Everyone turns off the tutorials. All but the hardcore imersionists run with the skill bar on. A lot of people turn on "hide helmet." All of these things were RESET.

THE DEFAULT FOR SHOW ABILITY BAR IS "AUTO." People don't expect their settings to be messed with.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this too. It was weird because the bar was there until I swapped weapons... then it disappeared. That's because the "Interface" settings were reset to the defaults by the patch, but somehow the initial state of the bar was retained from the previous settings. That's my lame theory, anyway... You have to go in and redo them. I just finished doing that -- and the keybindings -- for 6 characters. Grrrrr...
    Edited by Srugzal on September 15, 2014 9:47PM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Srugzal wrote: »

This just makes me barking mad. What the hell are you talking about? Don't you know that all of the "Interface" settings have been reset to the defaults? Didn't anyone tell you about this? Everyone turns off the tutorials. All but the hardcore imersionists run with the skill bar on. A lot of people turn on "hide helmet." All of these things were RESET.

THE DEFAULT FOR SHOW ABILITY BAR IS "AUTO." People don't expect their settings to be messed with.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Yeah, it sucks, but these gals are just trying to contain the avalanche of ^%$^ that should fall squarely on the shoulders of the future employment security of whomever QA tests these updates.
    Edited by Phinix1 on September 15, 2014 9:45PM
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting tables are not working correctly. When creating an item, you have to scroll through items in order to makes changes show up such as adding a trait or changing materials. This does not work on shields of course. On shields you have to toggle "Have Knowledge" or "Have Materials" to make the changes show in the item description box. I would have made an ingame ticket but have chores to do.

If this is the bug I think it is, then I logged a bug on this back on August 22 while testing the PTS. I added the bug to the list of 1.4 PTS Issues thread which supposedly were passed on to the devs.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/127831/pts-patch-1-4-bug-compilation/p1

@ZOS_GinaBruno Why did you guys ask us to test the update on the PTS if you're going to ignore the bugs and regressions we report? Why should we test future updates on the PTS if our reported issues are going to be ignored?

Seems like they're just asking for unsubs at this point. :unamused:
  • Artorious
    Artorious
    ✭✭✭
    cannot use the "E' to click through dialog.

6 bugs and have not even tried to find anything so far. i cannot wait to play in cyrodiil

This is another bug I reported on the PTS and I raised a stink about this one, too, because it is very annoying. Again, ZOS has completely ignored the bugs we reported on the PTS.

If ZOS won't fix the bugs we report on the PTS, then players should ignore all future requests from ZOS to test the content there.

I've been playing the update for 5 minutes and I have already found 3 bugs reported over three weeks ago on the PTS that are still present today. ZOS should be ashamed of themselves as they owe players an apology for this trainwreck.

Fully agreed.
  • mrk.lindseynub19_ESO
    mrk.lindseynub19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Was never a vampire or using any other kind of speed improvement while stealth except for 5 piece Nights Silence set. Logged in after patch and set bonus showing not working in any way. Please fix.
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad the patch fixed the stacking vamp/NS speed boost, as that combo was so incredibly broken.

That said, it would be nice if it didn't also break humans using a NS set... Fix one thing, break another.

At least I have my guts now. B)
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    IF ZENI IGNORES THE BUGS WE IDENTIY..WHATS THE POINT IN US PAYING FOR A BROKEN GAME?..CMON ZENI THIS GAME SUCK AS IT IS BUT DONT MAKE IT WORSE...
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Neyephe
    Neyephe
    I noticed that when my character walks/runs/sprints with my resto staff out she runs awkwardly, sometimes just gliding along the ground. With the staff put away, she runs normally.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Circuitous wrote: »

It's not an issue of maintaining it, it looks like the files that store your settings had default versions lumped into the patch, overwriting yours. I backed up my settings before the patch and noticed afterward that they had a more recent timestamp.

As for why the files got in, well, I'm sure it was unintentional, but it's a heck of an oversight.
    Anyone know specifically what files store your settings? I happen to have just cloned my drive to a new SSD a few days ago, so I'm hoping to copy those files over from the old drive (that I haven't reformatted yet) to the new one, and get my settings back without manually resetting them on all 16 of my characters...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    The logical solution to make everyone happy would have been a cap on sneak speed at a reasonable level, but that probably involved more complex coding, and ZOS devs prefer to make things as easy as possible. No point in doing things right if it is going to take work.

They effectively did. Sneak speed is effectively capped at run speed. Which is (IMO) the fastest reasonable speed for sneak.
    Achievements Suck