The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't craft medium armor anymore

Gojak
Gojak
✭✭✭
Have all the stuff. Can't craft medium armor. In fact even when I switch to a new material it still says I'm trying to craft level 1 stuff.
  • Gojak
    Gojak
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing for light armor
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Are you receiving a specific error message when trying to craft armor?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Gojak
    Gojak
    ✭✭✭
    There is not r button to craft it. If you click the have materials button it let me craft it, but not if that is deselected.
  • Gojak
    Gojak
    ✭✭✭
    Okay it you select have materials and then deselect it, it's crafting stuff for free, as in no materials are being consumed but yer getting the item.
    Edited by Gojak on September 15, 2014 6:06PM
  • Gojak
    Gojak
    ✭✭✭
    NVM, not getting stuff for free. The animation plays like you crafted something, but nothing shows up in bag.
  • KenCleanAirSystem
    KenCleanAirSystem
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm a strange UI bug with at least Blacksmithing and Clothing (didn't test anything else) ... When you change materials, add materials, change or add a trait, the UI tooltip does not update to the new values. If you go ahead and craft the item, you get what you would expect from the materials used. So it seems to be a UI bug, not a mechanic bug.
  • Gojak
    Gojak
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. It appears UI related. You just have to click the have materials button before it will let you craft.
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    I have learned that if you move the type of armor/weapon back and forth... it will change the level of the item you want to craft. For instance, I set the bow to use 16 nightwood... but the readout only showed a level 1 bow. I then moved the type to inferno staff, and back to bow... it then showed VR14. I crafted it and checked. It was correct. I then move the nightwood to 15 pieces to make a VR13, the readout didnt change from VR14 to 13. I then moved the type again to inferno and back to bow. The readout then showed VR13 correctly. I made the bow and validated it.
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • Michael308
    Michael308
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this and toggled the armor piece (top row) after I selected my material/level row. That caused it to update, display and create properly.
    Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It works the same way for me as stated by the person above. Only way to update the item preview is to switch items. Switching/increasing matts dose not update the preview for the item you will get. You will still get the correct item though regardless of what the preview says so thankfully it is only a UI bug.
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on September 15, 2014 6:31PM
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the heads-up on this, folks. We can confirm this is a UI bug, and we're already working on a fix.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried it and the R didn't show up when trying to craft a jerkin. Moved over to boots and back and it crafted.