Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I've Encountered an Enchanting Bug.

Evandus
Evandus
✭✭✭✭
Greetings,

So our new update gives some positive changes to the enchanting profession. Eager to try them out I've logged into the game with my crafter. My situation went like this:

1. Log in, and respend my points in what was Aspect Extraction.
2. Retrieve the 41 assorted glyphs I purchased from our guild store just before downtime.
3. Was able to extract the first 20 glyphs.
4. Pulled the other 21 glyphs from the mail, and an additional 18 glyphs that my main character obtained as random loot in VR zones.
5. Attempt to extract those.
6. Nothing happens. Animation and sound plays, but no glyphs get extracted.
7. /reloadui - no effect.
8. Disable addons - no effect.
9. Log out to character screen and then back in. - no effect.

Anyone else encountering this? I've submitted a bug report. Yet I'm pretty irritated right now as this was a change I was really looking forward to...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the repro steps, @Evandus! We're going to dig into this and see what's going on.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are saying in zone chat as well that they are having issues with other types of crafting. Something about the number of required ore with Blacksmithing being missing from the UI. And people making errors in crafting by using too little or too much ore.

Haven't had a chance to look at that as of yet. I'm still staring longingly at the enchanting table in Rivenspire.
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've linked a very short but somewhat telling account of my issues:
    http://youtu.be/a5ItyIA9pps

• Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 things I would look at. Did you have enough room in your inventory to receive the breakdowns? Maybe the message for that isn't showing up like it used to (which would be a bug too. Different...but a bug). My other thought is that maybe you were having a lag spike and the game wasn't responsive enough to register your clicks?

Just a couple idea's, but I'm with your original assumption that something more major is bugged. =)
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe I had enough inventory room. But let me log back in and check out the possibility.
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    2 things I would look at. Did you have enough room in your inventory to receive the breakdowns? Maybe the message for that isn't showing up like it used to (which would be a bug too. Different...but a bug). My other thought is that maybe you were having a lag spike and the game wasn't responsive enough to register your clicks?

Just a couple idea's, but I'm with your original assumption that something more major is bugged. =)

It does appear that inventory was the issue. I had 4 open slots and nothing would function. I dropped 6 items, and it worked fine.

Thanks for the insight, I was pretty frustrated.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evandus wrote: »
    It does appear that inventory was the issue. I had 4 open slots and nothing would function. I dropped 6 items, and it worked fine.

Hmm, should have told you that you needed some free inventory slots. It does on Clothing/Armor and Weapon decons.

Also, wonder why you needed 6 slots open to deconstruct a glyph that can only give you up to 3 runes. 4 Slots should have been enough.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I noticed straightaway you only had 2 open slots.
    Still the fact it didn't tell you is in itself a small bug.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yup, we've also seen the same - it appears to be a UI error and the game isn't telling you that your inventory is full.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jaggannath
    Jaggannath
    ✭✭
    Patch Notes are my friend - sigh... never mind my post - it's late and my booze level is proportionate.....
    Edited by Jaggannath on September 16, 2014 2:25AM
    “and so will the world end, I think, a victim of love rather than hate. For love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.”
    ― Stephen King, The Dark Tower

Visit the LOOTS R US Guild Trader in Balkarth, Craglorn today! Excellent selection of VR14 gear and premium goods for sale! Largest selection of rare PvP gear!
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, we've also seen the same - it appears to be a UI error and the game isn't telling you that your inventory is full.

Yep as I posted, a smaller "different" bug, disguised as a major one!
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    Evandus wrote: »
    I've linked a very short but somewhat telling account of my issues:
    http://youtu.be/a5ItyIA9pps

HEY HEY LOOK AT ME .............. Do nothing lol

Edited by ShadowscaleSithis on September 20, 2014 4:22PM