The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Worst Change in this Patch

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Mail now has a confirmation before deleting. This adds another step to deleting the excessive mail received from PvP.

This is not a troll thread, I am livid that these changes keep getting added without the option to disable them.

1st world problems :wink:

This probaly got added become someone whined about deleting an in-game mail, without being asked "are you sure you want to delete this?"
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on September 15, 2014 5:14PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slam the guy if you like, and you seem to, but every warning UI GUMP should have the option to never see it again - to say, you have indeed been warned.
    Agree. It's a simple solution that works for everybody.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm my carpal tunnel syndrome says this is a legit problem, though obv ymmv
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Completely unnecessary change for the additional confirmation to delete mail. Is it game breaking, no. Is it a pain the butt for no reason, yes. Add a toggle.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I retract this statement. Rewards from the worthy no longer have bags, so this change balances things out to equally annoying.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aoife32001 wrote: »
    Are we really complaining about having to press an extra button? Seriously???

Nope. As as been stated numerous times, it's not a single button, it's potentially hundreds of presses, per day. Seriously.

(And do you have some rule as to what passes the threshold of allowed complaining? Only what you consider important? Only what annoys you? Could you perhaps publish a list of allowed things to complain about on this game forum so no further such transgressions occur?)
    Oh, this poor, troubled generation, to struggle so with such problems :neutral_face:

Woah. Condescend much?

What generation? Was an age mentioned for the OP?

They posted about a change in the game that bothers him/her. It WILL cause them to take extra steps every day, and it could easily have been avoided with a settings option. What's wrong with mentioning that on a game forum devoted to the game in question?

Yet, YOU post to criticize him/her simply for the complaint itself? Along with a smug little cheap shot regarding their generation and its priorities, as if you are the arbiter of what should or should not be considered important or you have any clue as to their generation or its bearing on the issue at hand.

Sheesh.

This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree.gif
    It was annoying on the PTS with just 10 daily mails from my hirelings.

I can only imaging how much more annoying it will be tonight to go through the 30+ hireling mails on LIVE.

Plus, my PvP character usually gets at least 30+ mails for rewards per PvP session.

ZOS, please remove that annoying confirmation button OR let us bulk-delete mails!
    :)
    Edited by SirAndy on September 15, 2014 5:49PM
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you clr your old the new comes w/o the box. No need to delete :)
    Edited by TheBull on September 15, 2014 5:51PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey folks. This was actually a fix, and we had always intended to have a confirmation when deleting mail. That said, we understand that some of you would like to see a toggle for this, and are considering adding this in for a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mail now has a confirmation before deleting. This adds another step to deleting the excessive mail received from PvP.

This is not a troll thread, I am livid that these changes keep getting added without the option to disable them.

Yes, from now on, this video game forum should only entertain questions and complaints on food distribution, over population and disease control in Africa. :(

This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

• raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shall consider this patch a low risk thing for when it comes to the EU tomorrow if that's the worst thing in the patch!
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fyi, I just emptied about 50 some odd letters, all either hireling or rewards for the worthy, and didn't get a deletion confirmation on any of them.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    I don't understand why it was necessary, but if this is the worst this patch has to offer, then I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, it's not. The patch broke ALL KINDS of things. Wait and see.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides the vomit the devs consider "content" and their hatred for single player pve'rs and pvp'rs in general, I fear new content updates simply because they break every possible feature in the game imaginable for one update.

The resulting months up until the next content update are fixes to the patch to make the game, god forbid, playable at all.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, from now on, this video game forum should only entertain questions and complaints on food distribution, over population and disease control in Africa. :(

Or you could just apply a little bit of perspective when communicating about the game. For example: I found the guild log showing sent invites to be handy and wish they hadn't removed it.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are we really complaining about having to press an extra button? Seriously???

Nope. As as been stated numerous times, it's not a single button, it's potentially hundreds of presses, per day. Seriously.

(And do you have some rule as to what passes the threshold of allowed complaining? Only what you consider important? Only what annoys you? Could you perhaps publish a list of allowed things to complain about on this game forum so no further such transgressions occur?)
    Oh, this poor, troubled generation, to struggle so with such problems :neutral_face:

Woah. Condescend much?

What generation? Was an age mentioned for the OP?

They posted about a change in the game that bothers him/her. It WILL cause them to take extra steps every day, and it could easily have been avoided with a settings option. What's wrong with mentioning that on a game forum devoted to the game in question?

Yet, YOU post to criticize him/her simply for the complaint itself? Along with a smug little cheap shot regarding their generation and its priorities, as if you are the arbiter of what should or should not be considered important or you have any clue as to their generation or its bearing on the issue at hand.

Sheesh.

You're right. I was unnecessarily condescending, and I apologize.

That being said, my point, even if poorly expressed, still stands. Anyone who argues that the last few generations aren't overly dramatic ("livid", I believe he said) about ridiculously minor issues (even for a video game) isn't paying attention to a rather ridiculous trend in American society. You can be annoyed about having to press two keys instead of one per email, but to get "livid" about it? People increasingly have a bizarre sense of entitlement that everything must be of maximum convenience and the world owes an apology for the most trivial of disturbances. The very point of this fix is to prevent the inconvenience of accidentally erasing a needed email!

If that makes one livid, he or she probably should seriously re-evaluate both his or her temper and his or her priorities.
    Edited by Aoife32001 on September 15, 2014 7:47PM
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides the vomit the devs consider "content" and their hatred for single player pve'rs and pvp'rs in general, I fear new content updates simply because they break every possible feature in the game imaginable for one update.

The resulting months up until the next content update are fixes to the patch to make the game, god forbid, playable at all.

Since the game itself is "content", one wonders why you play what you consider vomit.

• smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since the game itself is "content", one wonders why you play what you consider vomit.

I'm really referring to new content I suppose. I play for the pvp personally. What about you?
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks. This was actually a fix, and we had always intended to have a confirmation when deleting mail. That said, we understand that some of you would like to see a toggle for this, and are considering adding this in for a future patch.

Please add a toggle.

Thanks.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bees83 wrote: »
    I thought the vengeance leech set no longer working in cyrodiil was pretty stupid tbh. You get them in pvp reward bags. Why isn't it allowed to be used in pvp?

well, glad I didn't decide to wear that set like I was planning.

Yes this change is ridiculous and dumb. I think you guys don't quite understand what that one keystroke does. See if you have 100-200 mail you have to get the item from then delete, you now have to press 100-200 more buttons in total.

Job security for keyboard manufacturers!

Also it makes the interface feel clunky.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bees83 wrote: »
    I thought the vengeance leech set no longer working in cyrodiil was pretty stupid tbh. You get them in pvp reward bags. Why isn't it allowed to be used in pvp?

well, glad I didn't decide to wear that set like I was planning.

Yes this change is ridiculous and dumb. I think you guys don't quite understand what that one keystroke does. See if you have 100-200 mail you have to get the item from then delete, you now have to press 100-200 more buttons in total.

Job security for keyboard manufacturers!

Also it makes the interface feel clunky.

It does. Oddly, I didn't get a confirmation notice when I deleted my hireling and pvp mail after the patch. I hope that is working as intended.
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭

i AGREE With OP, I thought the mail deletion confirmation was a bug on PTS, but i guess it went live. .... i am going on strike and not logging in for a bit........ i will lose a fortune in minor hirelings but i am sick of so called "IMPROVEMENTS" & so called "BALANCE" & vague working as "INTENDED" each release, i give up, i Spend/Waste too much time in this game.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes please, when you have 175 rewards for the worthy, it's a case of óne more button'175 times. It chews into play time in PvP where I like to spend most of my time.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be a slightly better fix - if it would ask a confirmation only if you still had attachments? Just saying ....
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zhevon wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be a slightly better fix - if it would ask a confirmation only if you still had attachments? Just saying ....

Are you sure you want to delete the mail that you already removed the attachment from that cannot be deleted because it will pop up telling you that the mail still has an attachment? Please confirm your confirmation after the beep. beeeeeeep.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rootimus wrote: »

Or you could just apply a little bit of perspective when communicating about the game. For example: I found the guild log showing sent invites to be handy and wish they hadn't removed it.

Do they still show who invited who?

Within our guild, we promote based on members inviting, so we really need to see who is recruiting.
  • trustcotraptb14_ESO
    Thanks for the laugh Trip. [snip]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on September 15, 2014 11:17PM
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭

Right on time with the fix then... 6 Months after launch...

giphy.gif

• likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO must be doing great if this is the biggest complaint we can come up with! :smiley:

This. This is the truth. Not that I don't see there's an issue here, but by jeebus it's not that big a deal. So stupid people deleting their mail too soon made them put in an extra step. Relax. The world is not ending, the sky is not falling.

I swear, people get so worked up over things (i.e. video games) that are supposed to be extracurricular anyway.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand Dev logic sometimes...

ZoS Dev meeting:
    Dev1 wrote:
    hey guys, we've got hundreds of players whining about these bugs
    Dev 2 wrote:
    oh, and there's this other bunch asking for a some aditional UI features..
    Dev lead wrote:
    Oh we can definitely do the UI one.. what are they asking for?
    Dev 2 wrote:
    oh, nameplates, minimaps ya know the standard MMO stuff that we removed in beta..
    Dev lead wrote:
    Hmm, not sure about that kind of stuff.. but we can definitely give them something with the UI this time...
    *** Room fills with deafening silence ***
    Dev lead wrote:
    here's the deal... we're going to give them an extra button that wasn't there before, is functionally redundant and makes them click more times than really is necessary!
    *** More Silence ***
    Dev 1 wrote:
    but nobody has asked for that?
    Dev lead wrote:
    yeah I know.. that's what makes it great, it'll be a nice suprise for them.. they'll love it!!

*** Thud!! ***
    Edited by Swampster on September 16, 2014 7:54AM
    Swampriel - Nightblade (Archer Build) - Ebonheart Pact - Veteran
    Swampess - DragonKnight - Eboheart Pact - Lowbie Faceroller