Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Colovian Crossing.

SG_Celerrimus
SG_Celerrimus
✭✭✭✭✭
Could you please transfer Colovian Crossing, the small scale PvP used in trade shows, into launch? If its already stable and working, why can't it be put into the live game as an Arena system?
  • ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ZOS_JasonLeavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @SG_Celerrimus‌. Colovian Crossing was designed to showcase our PvP system to players at conventions. We haven't announced any plans to bring this type of small scale PvP into the game, but we've certainly heard a lot of great feedback from players at our conventions. If we decided to implement this type of content into a future content update, we'll be sure to let you know.

We're glad to hear that you enjoy what we showed off!
    Jason Leavey
    Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you please transfer Colovian Crossing, the small scale PvP used in trade shows, into launch? If its already stable and working, why can't it be put into the live game as an Arena system?

I imagine the hold up is that they are worried it will be a lot more fun than zerg A fighting zerg B over castle_clone X, and people will stop playing in Cyrodiil.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm.

Lots of positive feedback....

Nah lets not implement it. #zergs4lyfe
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, when I got the e-mail about it I figured it must mean they are planning to put it in on our servers.
    I hope this will be the case in the future.

Giving it a formal name of Colovian Crossing seems to indicate that it is something that ZOS is giving more thought to than simply "our showcase PvP arena" or some other nomenclature.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1178, Jerusalem

"Saladin forces are breaching our walls, what should we do?"
    "Nah, this is no fun. Let them have the city!"

1789, Paris

"The rebel masses are invading the Bastille!"
    "Eh, let them free their comrades, all that much people is no fun..."

1944, Omaha Beach

"Mein Fuhrer, the allied dogs are landing thousands of troops on our shores!"
    "Meh... Just spam MG-42s at them, that's no fun..."

Could we please stop the "so-called zerg" hate? I mean, Cyrodiil is supposed to be an all-out war, you know... :pensive:
    I'm sure there will be more PVP options in the future :disagree: don't worry
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1178, Jerusalem

1789, Paris

1944, Omaha Beach

Could we please stop the "so-called zerg" hate? I mean, Cyrodiil is supposed to be an all-out war, you know... :pensive:

Nah, you're right - it is an all out war. It is ugly. There's siege flying all over the place, there's a good chance you're going to get gibbed by a ball of enemy casters spamming impulse. It's not glorious, and it's tedious work taking keep after keep.

I'm not saying that has to go away. How about getting recognized by the field commander with arena tokens after you do some valiant work in Cyrodiil. You get to use the token to enter a match (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 - you're choice if you group or not), and you can keep fighting in the arena until you lose. Then you need another token to fight again.

They could easily leverage the bloody battlefield of Cyrodiil as a place where heroes make their name and earn a right to fight in the grand arena.

(ZOS you have my permission to use this idea) ;)
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1178, Jerusalem

1789, Paris

1944, Omaha Beach

It requires no skill to zerg. If you think it does you are in denial and delusional.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It requires no skill to zerg. If you think it does you are in denial and delusional.

Ok, so...

1. Please point out where have I ever said "skill"?
    2. Please, also point out where have I ever denied there is something like a zerg?

To make it simple;
    I never said there wasn't or that it was a skillful PVP system. I just pointed out that "zerging" is often recurrent in the history of war - and that will always happen as long as we have an "all-out" war playground like Cyrodiil is.

There are a lot of things to do and fix? Of course there are. Do I hope we'll ever see a different type of PVP? Maybe group pvp, duels, arenas..? Yes, I do hope.

I'm just saying that Cyrodiil is all out war... And through history, all out war has been won (and lost) with annoying zerging. :pensive:
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @SG_Celerrimus‌. Colovian Crossing was designed to showcase our PvP system to players at conventions. We haven't announced any plans to bring this type of small scale PvP into the game
    This is truly an illogical position.

ESO was hyped pre-release not least due to the large-scale PVP in Cyrodiil, and as you just noted it remains the only type of PVP in the game.

So, why would you showcase a feature when promoting the game when that very feature doesn't EXIST in the game?

Totally nonsensical.

Yes, I know you'll reply (if you reply at all) noting that large-scale PVP isn't possible with small gatherings of PR bunnies (aka. the 'fan sites' and the like) but why give them an experience to write about that playing customers never see?

• Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be kind of cool to integrate this into the Emperorship decision. Not exactly sure how that would look but Emperorship needs more ratification other than who farmed more noobs in a non-vital and indestructible structure.

An Imperial Throne Room map would be awesome for this.
    Edited by Lionxoft on September 12, 2014 6:50AM
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please. Implement it. Then you will officially approve that I have rights to expect that all logical/classical/lore-based builds should be balanced. I will finally stop feeling bad for complaining :)
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @SG_Celerrimus‌. Colovian Crossing was designed to showcase our PvP system to players at conventions. We haven't announced any plans to bring this type of small scale PvP into the game, but we've certainly heard a lot of great feedback from players at our conventions. If we decided to implement this type of content into a future content update, we'll be sure to let you know.

We're glad to hear that you enjoy what we showed off!

I'm no advocate for or against small scale pvp. That being said, if I had seen that presentation and liked it so much that it factored into my decision to buy the game, only to find out it isn't actually in the game once I'm already playing it...

...I'd feel very cheated. If it wasn't stated repeatedly that the content of the presentation is just for show and won't be accessible ingame, well that's what we call false advertising.

To be clear: I've been playing since beta, still really like the game and haven't seen that presentation. I'm merely worried about some marketing decisions, based on what I've heard and read.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭

Ok, so...

1. Please point out where have I ever said "skill"?
    2. Please, also point out where have I ever denied there is something like a zerg?

There you have it. Enjoy your humble pie. :)

• Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its already stable and working, why can't it be put into the live game as an Arena system?

Because it isn't. It wouldn't work out in the game in its current version. Before they could implement it, they first have to get it into a version, that works within the game.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed!

Zerg n.
    Nowadays term zerg is used in mmo games to describe force consisted of large group of lower level players (often with only basic equipment) who use numbers rather then strategy to defeat the enemy, therefore requiring no skill. This tactics is commonly known as zerging

http://youtu.be/rn8m8INH0wc
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As if people dont cry enough about skills...lets introduce small scale epeen pvp.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    As if people dont cry enough about skills...lets introduce small scale epeen pvp.

Chances are I won't step into Cyrodil after Justice System hits. Let's hope so. Not a fan of grouping in PvP because of all the FPS problems and crashes that zergs cause. I'd love to have something like this just for stability. There are a lot of options coming down the pipe I'm sure but I'm just not interested in PvP at the moment since ForwardCampODil has removed transit routes.

I'd love to see an Imperial Throne room PvP instance to decide an Emperor after the emp keeps are capped. Imperial banners hanging, gold decorations everywhere, the throne with all of it's regal decor...

If the emp keeps are capped and the Top player for that faction is online then they will receive a notification which will queue them up for a 1vs1 with the top online player from the leading faction or closest runner up.

If they lose then their Emperorship is put on cooldown for that individual but if they win then they are crowned and feel like they accomplished something other than pour hundreds of oil pots on noobs in non-vital and indestructible structures. They can actually wear their title proudly instead of wearing a different one because they are ridiculed as "Farmer Emperors"!

It's a wild brainstorm and it will never happen but that's the kind of thing I'd love to see. Meaningful PvP is what I'd like to call it.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope ZOS continues to focus PvP within Cyrodiil and the Imperial City.